2.5.5 released

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
* New intents for pushing V1 profiles and sweeps with automation apps (Settings > Intents)
* New option to disable alert logging (Settings > Alert Log)
* New options for custom dark/light alert map styles (Settings > Display > Themes)
* New PAWS data source: Highway Radar
* Improved auto start/stop on Bluetooth device connection

The HwR data source for PAWS is an aggregate of the three direct sources, so it's not available in either the AUTO or ALL source configurations. Thanks to @ferius for making his aircraft server available to JBV1 users, and for tweaking the provided data for me. Also, where JBV1 used to show response time for PAWS sources, it now shows the number of aircraft being tracked when the response time is less than 5 seconds. HwR is a push source, so it will always show only the number of aircraft being tracked. This number will ordinarily be much larger than the direct sources because HwR provides data for an area much larger than your range selection (JBV1 applies range limits for alerting).

Should be live later today.

JB

LoveRenee

Radar/Lidar Addiction MD
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank you for making an already awesome app even better.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I now have an annoying icon (jbv1 symbol with a wifi like double arc) on top left of my screen telling me jbv1 is looking for the autostart trigger...

Anyway to turn that notification bar symbol off? I like that area empty unless I get a true needed notification.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I now have an annoying icon (jbv1 symbol with a wifi like double arc) on top left of my screen telling me jbv1 is looking for the autostart trigger...

Anyway to turn that notification bar symbol off? I like that area empty unless I get a true needed notification.

Bluetooth device (dis)connection detection was moved to a service for quicker and more reliable detection. Android requires a notification to keep a service alive. Android 10+ allows you to always hide it.

Evilalwayswins

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Stupid question...how do disable auto theme?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

@TurboDriver , I went into settings and then notifications. From there, I turned JBV1 notification off.

Johnboy, I am assuming this is ok and will not disrupt anything.

combustionofchaos

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Turning the notification off is fine but I actually like the JBV1 notification when I'm using the app for easy access if I change to a different app. Johnboy could you list the types of notifications to turn off for Android 10+. For instance if you go in to the settings for other apps' notifications you can turn off notifications for the different type the app displays.

Thank you!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Turning the notification off is fine but I actually like the JBV1 notification when I'm using the app for easy access if I change to a different app. Johnboy could you list the types of notifications to turn off for Android 10+. For instance if you go in to the settings for other apps' notifications you can turn off notifications for the different type the app displays.

Thank you!

JBV1 doesn't have different notification types. It uses the same type of notification when it's running (to keep it from being killed while backgrounded) and when it's waiting for an auto start trigger (to keep the service from being killed). Only the notification text changes. On my phone, I keep my notifications visible but make them Silent.

BMWBig6

Premium Lifetime
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The HwR data source for PAWS is an aggregate of the three direct sources, so it's not available in either the AUTO or ALL source configurations. Thanks to @ferius for making his aircraft server available to JBV1 users, and for tweaking the provided data for me. Also, where JBV1 used to show response time for PAWS sources, it now shows the number of aircraft being tracked when the response time is less than 5 seconds. HwR is a push source, so it will always show only the number of aircraft being tracked. This number will ordinarily be much larger than the direct sources because HwR provides data for an area much larger than your range selection (JBV1 applies range limits for alerting).
Pardon me if this was already covered elsewhere, but which PAWS option should we be using? Or is it location/use-specific? (Why wouldn't I just pick AUTO, or ALL, or HwR if it includes 3 sources already?) I must be missing some nuance, or maybe the 3 sources don't really have overlapping coverage, so a JBV1 user in Canada or Europe might select something different?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Pardon me if this was already covered elsewhere, but which PAWS option should we be using? Or is it location/use-specific? (Why wouldn't I just pick AUTO, or ALL, or HwR if it includes 3 sources already?) I must be missing some nuance, or maybe the 3 sources don't really have overlapping coverage, so a JBV1 user in Canada or Europe might select something different?
If there was one source option everyone should be using, there would be no source option.

Do you care how much data is used? If not, use ALL or HwR. If you do care, use AUTO or a specific source (a-c). They all have "global" coverage, but some may be worse than others in some areas. I can't evaluate coverage for every corner of the globe.

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For some unknown reason....when I get KA alerts now it will say something like "Front KA dot". Did this twice today driving home.

BMWBig6

Premium Lifetime
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If there was one source option everyone should be using, there would be no source option.

Do you care how much data is used? If not, use ALL or HwR. If you do care, use AUTO or a specific source (a-c). They all have "global" coverage, but some may be worse than others in some areas. I can't evaluate coverage for every corner of the globe.
Thank you. Just trying to understand the rationale behind offering all of the different options and combinations.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For some unknown reason....when I get KA alerts now it will say something like "Front KA dot". Did this twice today driving home.
Maybe a partial random announcement typed in under Ka boxes?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose