Dodgy van K band detection and frequencies in NZ - Observations and developments

KiwiClaire

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had a good little redflex detection on my R7 on the way to the office yesterday morning. This is a super common van location - Blue VW on 24.012 on this occasion. The R7 began alerting as soon as I rounded the corner. The conditions are pretty good with respect to detection - straight flat road with no trees or signs to hide behind, which also makes it easy to see, however a complication is that there is a big old transit van which is parked very close to where the camera van parks 99.9% of the time, so a van parked there is doesn't really stand out, and can be a little hidden by the much larger van on early approach

R7 redflex detection.png

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hmmm has one North Island or South for this matter had the dodgy van not picking up I'm wondering if its time to open the wideness of K band a bit I'm already running a setup with help from @Mithheru I just thought i would see if anyone else has had no detection
I'm not getting many reports of vans not being detected. My feeling currently is that 24.00-24.10 is probably wide enough. I run my limits 23.97 and 24.10. Yesterday evening I got green VW van on the way to Upper Hutt. Either 24.07X or 24.09X (can't remember exactly) however, I passed again on the return so still great detection from both directions.

Police Ka were also out hunting yesterday. Passed a total of 4 Police cars running Ka on SH1 and SH2 on the trip from Plimmerton to Upper Hutt (SH58) and back (SH2 and SH1). Wish I had a memory card in the Dash Cam as all were really good detections.

Radario

Vendor
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm not getting many reports of vans not being detected. My feeling currently is that 24.00-24.10 is probably wide enough. I run my limits 23.97 and 24.10. Yesterday evening I got green VW van on the way to Upper Hutt. Either 24.07X or 24.09X (can't remember exactly) however, I passed again on the return so still great detection from both directions.

Police Ka were also out hunting yesterday. Passed a total of 4 Police cars running Ka on SH1 and SH2 on the trip from Plimmerton to Upper Hutt (SH58) and back (SH2 and SH1). Wish I had a memory card in the Dash Cam as all were really good detections.
Those frequencies seem to be within the standard Redflex (AGD340) specifications. I cannot understand why it would not be so. Why would Redflex alter the AGD340 "section" for New Zealand?

Curious: What distance (estimated) do you consider "great detections" against a Redflex "mobile" Speed Camera?

Which Uniden Radar Detector?

Conventional mount or side-mount?

No SD Card in a Dashcam! Tsk, tsk.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude