ALP wont go into defense mode?

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Howdy folks:

This could be a really stupid question. I got the ALP installed (3 RX front, BT, GPS, Hi Fi), did a factory reset, memorized sensors, updated firmware, ALP Connect on in-car tablet and it's connecting with the ALP via the bluetooth module. Profile A is set to PDC & LID, GPS puck is getting a signal(flashing red), however, it won't kick out of Green Parking Mode even when I hit 50mph. Profile A does not react when I shoot the sensors with a PLIII. Profile B is set to PDC & DLI and the icon is Yellow; I set it to Profile B, shot the sensors with a PLIII and it screamed, "Interference Detection Only, Prolaser III Ahead". Alert was logged.

Any ideas here? Thanks for your help.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
You probably have an issue with your config file. There are 3 profiles even if you are only using A+B the system will cycle through A+B+C where profile C is probably Parking Only mode.

Post a copy of your configuration file. If you used your tablet to create the config file online make sure you hit the download button to import the file after your done creating it.

Last edited:

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had "Profile A" problems with the volume staying low even though it was set at maximum according to the web app. What I did was set up profile C exactly how I wanted "profile A" to be set up like. Then I went back to "profile A" and copied from "profile C". After then downloading the new profiles to the ALP through the app, that fixed my volume issues. There seemed to be something on the website or somewhere else that wasn't working properly and when I did this it seemed to fix the glitch. It's possible this could be something similar.

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies folks. I reconfigured and re-downloaded the profiles and the system kicked into defense mode right on cue. Time for some testing.
Post automatically merged:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy