R1/R3 FW 1.54 is on Uniden's support site

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Haven't seen it mentioned. Small update. Here: https://support.uniden.com/radar-detectors/

1604074543199.png

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
About time... Thanks for the heads up!

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Happy to see they are still investing time into the R1/3 for improvements.

Too3zln

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Cool. I'll try it out starting today.

ICULookin

Road Terror- ICU watching
Beginner User
Reaction score
thanks

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This V1 diehard salutes Uniden for their excellent ongoing product improvement and support. They inspire confidence in their brand. Think I need a new Beartracker.

Jamienbaker

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Installed! But son ran out with R3 due late for a party, and did NOT do factory reset. We don't have MRCD in these parts, so the new features on 1.54 actually don't matter, I'm just obsessive about updates.

What level of degraded functionality is he at risk of, given I didn't do the reset?

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Excellent and thank you, Uniden team, for not forgetting us! Thanks to @Brainstorm69 as well for letting us know.
Uniden, you could keep this good job and implement more customizable things though. For example, if you can make the K block feature customizable for the user, and not just 24.199+-0.005, that would be a joy for many people. I'm sick and tired of some annoying false alerts coming from gas-stations door cell openers and unwanted sources during my daily commute. 24.139, 24.144, 24.146, 24.180, 24.192 and 24.242, 24.243... I see these every single day and they are always the same. If I only could mute these freaking frequencies from alerting me till death every day, I would have a much happier time on the road. Real radars here keep closely to 24.150. Usually up to 24.159. And the K-band cams are usually below 24.100, so everything else is junk alerts. Or at least things may be quite different at different places and it could be very nice if every user would be allowed to block his own known junk. I'm just giving a course of thinking.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Excellent and thank you, Uniden team, for not forgetting us! Thanks to @Brainstorm69 as well for letting us know.
Uniden, you could keep this good job and implement more customizable things though. For example, if you can make the K block feature customizable for the user, and not just 24.199+-0.005, that would be a joy for many people. I'm sick and tired of some annoying false alerts coming from gas-stations door cell openers and unwanted sources during my daily commute. 24.139, 24.144, 24.146, 24.180, 24.192 and 24.242, 24.243... I see these every single day and they are always the same. If I only could mute these freaking frequencies from alerting me till death every day, I would have a much happier time on the road. Real radars here keep closely to 24.150. Usually up to 24.159. And the K-band cams are usually below 24.100, so everything else is junk alerts. Or at least things may be quite different at different places and it could be very nice if every user would be allowed to block his own known junk. I'm just giving a course of thinking.
It sounds like you need an R3 and lockouts. ;)

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It sounds like you need an R3 and lockouts. ;)
The choice is already made and there is no turning back. My next radar detector will be a newer model or something of next generation that is worth upgrading. :) I am waiting for Theia too, like many of us, or maybe Uniden will surprise us in the future. I love my R1 and the K-block could also perfectly do this job. I have no other major false alerts with my R1 outside these ones. But as a colleague from my country said even R7 fits hardly here because of the many false alerts in K and X band. Mostly K. So we are obliged to give every useful idea for future updates in the fight against K-band alert-intruders. For the time being I have to choose a laser jammer first thing first because I have some problems here. :)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The choice is already made and there is no turning back. My next radar detector will be a newer model or something of next generation that is worth upgrading. :) I am waiting for Theia too, like many of us, or maybe Uniden will surprise us in the future. I love my R1 and the K-block could also perfectly do this job. I have no other major false alerts with my R1 outside these ones. But as a colleague from my country said even R7 fits hardly here because of the many false alerts in K and X band. Mostly K. So we are obliged to give every useful idea for future updates in the fight against K-band alert-intruders. For the time being I have to choose a laser jammer first thing first because I have some problems here. :)
I understand what you are saying, but if you had a K-block for all those frequencies, the detector would never alert to them at all vs. muting them only in the area the falses actually are. Do you never see those frequencies except where the falses are? I'm definitely ignorant of the radar situation in Bulgaria.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No. All the K band real alerts are in the 24.150-24.160 range, or below 24.100 with the fixed cams. I can't make sure statements but this is my experience.
Yeah, my friend, I believe a detector with GPS would be a blessing for you. You could lock those puppies out and have a much more peaceful ride.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy