Hello from CO

westsdad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello from CO! The snow has squelched the fires for a few days. Have had BEL's in the past and currently Uniden R7's after having R3's for a couple of years. Numerous scanners from crystal to digital. Been lurking and gaining some knowledge. Interests are electronics, home automation, firearms, and cars. Thanks!

Last edited:

westsdad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks! Beautiful Mustang!

westsdad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks! It's a great follow on to the R3.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like this guy already. Been too long since I've seen a bonafide 911. You'll need that R7 with that list of cars. Welcome!

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, hard to go wrong with the R series!

911's from that era are things of classic beauty!

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm from Hutchinson kansas, hows u be neighbor

westsdad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I like this guy already. Been too long since I've seen a bonafide 911. You'll need that R7 with that list of cars. Welcome!

@Boozehound Thanks! I forgot to list one of my interests, but your avatar reminded me! Too bad it's only 9 am here!

IMG_1398 small.jpg

Welcome, hard to go wrong with the R series!

911's from that era are things of classic beauty!

@2018GTI Thanks! They definitely are. Had a lot of fun with a '77 Rabbit that I built about 40 years ago while working a parts counter and going to college. Lowered on Bilstein Struts, F&R sway bars, F&R strut tower braces, bored / stroked / cam / larger valves with dual side draft 40mm Webers. It was cheaper to occasionally change out the trans-axle then build one.

Welcome @westsdad. Good choice on the detectors and I like your interests as well!

@Z06fan Thanks! Forgot about another interest. Training my son's service dog Annie (and our 3 other large dogs). She's the English cream golden retriever in my avatar. She's trained to detect peanuts and tree nuts. It was opening day for Star Wars at Disneyland last year and she drew a lot of attention. Seems like years ago, and a remote possibility to return anytime soon with how 2020 has gone so far!

I'm from Hutchinson kansas, hows u be neighbor

@Bossdad71 Howdy neighbor! Doing well, thanks! Hope the same for you and your family!

Last edited:

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Boozehound Thanks! I forgot to list one of my interests, but your avatar reminded me! Too bad it's only 9 am here!

View attachment 163138

@2018GTI Thanks! They definitely are. Had a lot of fun with a '77 Rabbit that I built about 40 years ago while working a parts counter and going to college. Lowered on Bilstein Struts, F&R sway bars, F&R strut tower braces, bored / stroked / cam / larger valves with dual side draft 40mm Webers. It was cheaper to occasionally change out the trans-axle then build one.

@Z06fan Thanks! Forgot about another interest. Training my son's service dog Annie (and our 3 other large dogs). She's the English cream golden retriever in my avatar. She's trained to detect peanuts and tree nuts. It was opening day for Star Wars at Disneyland last year and she drew a lot of attention. Seems like years ago, and a remote possibility to return anytime soon with how 2020 has gone so far!

@Bossdad71 Howdy neighbor! Doing well, thanks! Hope the same for you and your family!
Damn. You are taking me down memory lane. I had an 84 Rabbit GTI that I did some mods to. My uncle had a black Targa 911 about 1979 or so that he would let me take out and I will never forget the experience of that 911. The sound of those motors.......wow. I remember folks got really excited about a two door 1977 rabbit!

EightyFiveHundred

-/-\- v10 (00=[][]=00) ///M5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome, from a Flatlander, that used to live above 8100'.

westsdad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Welcome, from a Flatlander, that used to live above 8100'.

Welcome! I like guns too!

Thanks everyone!
Post automatically merged:

Damn. You are taking me down memory lane. I had an 84 Rabbit GTI that I did some mods to. My uncle had a black Targa 911 about 1979 or so that he would let me take out and I will never forget the experience of that 911. The sound of those motors.......wow. I remember folks got really excited about a two door 1977 rabbit!

Glad that we could take you down memory lane. I need to get some fuel and oil lines changed out when I get a chance and get the 911 back on the road.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hklevi