• Have no clue WTH you are talking about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I answered with respect to Ka. For K I'm using JBV1 and using L mode depending on location.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
I am not sure which one applies most for me as there is no Poll Answer for: I use every means possible that doesn't overly limit alerts to real threats.

IE I run a V1G2 with JBV1 using GPS location to establish specific settings for Counties and States (turning X Band and K Band On or Off depending on GEO Location per threats known in those areas, entering Ohio turn X Band back ON automatically) plus using Speed as a tool for Muting as well as changing the V1G2 from Big L to A based on Speed.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
CF's to quieten 33.8 and 35.1 falsing..

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am not sure which one applies most for me as there is no Poll Answer for: I use every means possible that doesn't overly limit alerts to real threats.

IE I run a V1G2 with JBV1 using GPS location to establish specific settings for Counties and States (turning X Band and K Band On or Off depending on GEO Location per threats known in those areas, entering Ohio turn X Band back ON automatically) plus using Speed as a tool for Muting as well as changing the V1G2 from Big L to A based on Speed.

Don’t over analyze. :) You have 4 options to pick from

Last edited:

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No lockouts and no custom sweeps. If its out here, I want to know.

1) Run "A" on highway;
2) Run "l" on semi-rural areas; and
3) Run "L" in more urbanized areas.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Don’t over analyze. :) You have 4 options to pick from

I am not over analyzing anything, none of you Poll answers work even remotely for me with the Poll Question.

1) Wide open- not using CFs or muting “out of the box”

Nope, that doesn't apply.

2) Custom frequencies (block certain K, Ka frequencies from alerting)

Nope, I don't block any Frequencies.

3) Mute out of the box (mute K, Ka frequencies outside of set ranges)

Nope, ranges have nothing to do with it as I don't Segment.

4) Have no clue WTH you are talking about

I know exactly what you are talking about so (4) doesn't apply either.

There should have been option 5:

5) I allow an App to handle it based on GPS Location and/or Speed

I could have checked that one off. So now do you see what I was saying how none of them apply? Seems this Poll is based specifically for RDs that can't work with an App.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am not over analyzing anything, none of you Poll answers work even remotely for me with the Poll Question.

1) Wide open- not using CFs or muting “out of the box”

Nope, that doesn't apply.

2) Custom frequencies (block certain K, Ka frequencies from alerting)

Nope, I don't block any Frequencies.

3) Mute out of the box (mute K, Ka frequencies outside of set ranges)

Nope, ranges have nothing to do with it as I don't Segment.

4) Have no clue WTH you are talking about

I know exactly what you are talking about so (4) doesn't apply either.

There should have been option 5:

5) I allow an App to handle it based on GPS Location and/or Speed

I could have checked that one off. So now do you see what I was saying how none of them apply? Seems this Poll is based specifically for RDs that can't work with an App.

I have added a new category to accommodate so go vote. :drinking:This really has nothing to do with 3rd party apps (JBV1, V1 Driver) but just the stock G2 settings, available for tweaking in the V1 Connection App. I’ve run custom frequencies since March to screen out outlying Ka falses (ie. 34.498). But I’ve seen several reports of some high and low drifting 34.7s so I am now off CFs and switched to “mute out of the box” to get a beep on typical Ka frequencies but visually see Ka outliers out of the box just in case. That’s what all this is about. I haven’t seen much discussion about “mute out of the box.”
27B7BDC6-D97F-4ACA-BF23-D5E0F4C82971.jpeg

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Box muting requires an app, so they shouldn't be separate options.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Straight of of the box on 'A' and very satisfied.

I get, maybe, one false Ka hit a month and the G2 'junks' it quickly.

As for K, this unit does an amazing job at BSM filtering. My M360 (with the latest firmware) was/is great, but the G2 is still a step up. Personally I still think the M360 has better BSM filtering than the RL360c. I have been getting a lot of punch throughs with that lately.

The G2 is a great unit stock out of the box.

PlagueDoctor88

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Still tinkering with mine as it's still a new purchase. I've always used Waze with all my RD's, so using a 3rd party app didn't feel "odd" or out of the way.

I've used V1 Connection, JBV1, and a HR a bit. IMO, JBV1 > *. The customizability is out of this world and things like AutoV1 mode, autolearn, etc certainly helps quiet it down.

I've been playing around with all 3 modes and found that All Bogeys is alright if I'm on a highway, but I'll get a false from timo to time. Logic Mode is my go-to if not running AutoV1. Not a *huge* fan of Advanced Logic as both X and K band are used by LEO's in my state.

I am using OOTB, but not aggressively, but will in about a week or so. By looking at the Alert Log, I can see where falses are and how often each frequency falses, which helps.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am pretty much using the factory defaults except I normally run All-Bogeys most of the time. I am running the full Ka-band with no custom frequencies and K-verifier on. BSM filtering is very good, but I do occasionally have an out of the norm Ka false alarm, but it doesn’t happen too frequently.

I use V1 Driver for GPS and auto muting and frequency announcements. So far I have been very satisfied with my Gen2. I do wish there was a way to lower the rear antenna K-band sensitivity as our Jeep Wrangler JL with BSM does occasionally set off the V1G2 and my Max360c rear antenna.

On a recent trip, I had 13 BSM false alarms with my V1G2 on a 325 mile plus trip, and 11 of those BSM false alarms were from my own vehicle. In my other car with no BSM, my V1G2 is very quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isst

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wonder of Valentine will eventually be able to make rear detection strength adjustable as Uniden did with the R7?

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I guess if they did JB would incorporate that into auto profile change.
Personally, I have no need for it yet.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pflaugh