Intro

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm in California. I've had an 8500x50 for ~13yrs and just upgraded to the R3. Still messing with the options to dial it in.
Great upgrade. Get it dialed in and you'll be amazed at the R3's performance. There are lots of Uniden guys around here to suggest settings. Welcome!

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm in California. I've had an 8500x50 for ~13yrs and just upgraded to the R3. Still messing with the options to dial it in.
Welcome to the forum. Don't know what kind of terrain you deal with, but if you deal with a lot of hills and curves, you won't want to neuter it too much. That is if your area deals with K band. I know it's rare in most areas in California, but it's been reported occasionally.
If you don't typically deal with K band, drop the percentage down to 30-40% K band.
You're really gonna like the range of the R3. Keep us informed on your experiences.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

tjsadler

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks y'all. I've always run with K off but I've left it on Narrow on this new unit so far just to see what it picks up. So far just automatic doors, digital speed display signs, and some GM and Honda vehicles. I'll probably leave it on for a bit but it's extremely uncommon here in CA.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode