New CPU HW-4 Question

CRS123

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
When I receive my new HW-4 CPU upgrade, will I have to install the latest HiFi Control Set and the US English Female Voicepack that I use? Or are they already on the CPU? I know that I will have to memorize sensors, load my configurations, and check to see if the CPU itself contains the latest firmware version. Also can I have the HiFi Control set, voice pack, CPU firmware upgrade, and configuration file all on the same USB stick? Thanks for your help.
CRS

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
When I receive my new HW-4 CPU upgrade, will I have to install the latest HiFi Control Set and the US English Female Voicepack that I use? Or are they already on the CPU? I know that I will have to memorize sensors, load my configurations, and check to see if the CPU itself contains the latest firmware version. Also can I have the HiFi Control set, voice pack, CPU firmware upgrade, and configuration file all on the same USB stick? Thanks for your help.
CRS
HiFi Voice pack is stored in the controller and not in the CPU. Just update the CPU firmware and load your settings.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CRS123

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HiFi Voice pack is stored in the controller and not in the CPU. Just update the CPU firmware and load your settings.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you.

TheJM

#Winning
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@BestRadarDetectors I sent a defective head into your shop and am waiting on a replacement so i am currently 1 head down right now (it is a rear head that runs off one side of a splitter if that matters).

I also have the new HW4 CPU that is ready to install. Should I wait until I receive the new head to install the new CPU or should i do it now?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
There is no reason to wait unless you just want to do both at the same time.

jakevsnake

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What is the HW-4 CPU upgrade? This is the first Ive heard of a new CPU. New features? I sold my ALP system with my old car but I am looking to purchase a new system in the next couple of months.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
What is the HW-4 CPU upgrade? This is the first Ive heard of a new CPU. New features? I sold my ALP system with my old car but I am looking to purchase a new system in the next couple of months.

HW4 is the latest CPU which has been available for around 2 years now. Old CPU's did not have enough memory for newer firmware updates and stopped getting updates around the time they reached 5 years old. Any CPU that starts with serial number of 4xxxxxx will need to be upgraded to continue receiving updates.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49