Best way to run ALP wiring to SUV hatchback?

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for getting ALP wiring from the headliner through to the tailgate?

I would run the ALP cabling through the existing factory wire loom BUT it's really narrow and tight. I figure I would break or damage something if I tried.

Thanks

nicholat

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine run that way in my van had them installed for 5 yrs. Have had no problems

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Mine run that way in my van had them installed for 5 yrs. Have had no problems
Hmmm... I had a hard time fishing through a very small dashcam connector. With how tight a fit that was, idk how I could possibly fit an ALP size connector through there without damaging existing wiring or punching a hole in the wire loom imo.

Attachments

• 20201026_174002.jpg
    20201026_174002.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 10

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Your boot looks the same as mine, and it too was fairly tight.

I took both ends off to allow me more control of the boot. I taped some heavy string to the ALP cable/head, and I used some water soluble lube. Combination of pulling the string through the boot while stretching the boot around the connector for me through.

Full install here for you to review:

I had two boots connecting my hatch to the headliner area, and shoot the ALP cables between them.

I hope that helps.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmm... I had a hard time fishing through a very small dashcam connector. With how tight a fit that was, idk how I could possibly fit an ALP size connector through there without damaging existing wiring or punching a hole in the wire loom imo.
I ran mine outside the loom, poked a hole in the boot on both ends and passed the cable through and then just zip tied it to the outside of the loom as it was tight on mine and I didn't want to break anything. I little black RTV to seal up the penetrations in the boots and it's fine.

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
you don't think some fishtape and lubricant would work?
It's been a while since I've been in there, but it's suuuuper to tight. I suppose I'll have to give it a go

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr