2 profiles, automatically

1000fc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I have JBVI on an android head unit, I drive the car, as well as my wife.
I want to explore the idea of having a profile for myself, as well as for the wife.

I know we can do auto profile switching based off of location or speed, but I can't figure out a way to have a 2 driver profiles, and have them automatically be applied.

essentially my profile is much nosier then the one she would use, and it would be pretty neat if android could automatically start up jbv1 in a certain profile, based of what phone the head unit is connected to.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried to tackle this problem, but maybe i'm the only one trying to do something so convoluted!

the most obvious "solution" would be to not use JBV1 on the headunit, and have it on our phones each of us with our own profile... (unfortunately that might take more work to accomplish than than me figuring out a technical solution!)

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
With the V1 G1 you can have specific profiles associated with specific Bluetooth "dongles". That's all I can think of.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
In JBV1, "profiles" refer to V1 settings. So when you say you have separate profiles for you and your wife, are you talking about V1 settings profiles or app settings?

1000fc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
V1 settings,

essentially I run with Laser, Ka, and K enabled (what I named All Bogeys mode.. I know not the true A that v1 uses, but I couldn't come up with a better name!)

it would be preferred to her to just run with Laser and Ka. (which I call dark mode since it only lights up for very likely LEO encounters)

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
V1 settings,

essentially I run with Laser, Ka, and K enabled (what I named All Bogeys mode.. I know not the true A that v1 uses, but I couldn't come up with a better name!)

it would be preferred to her to just run with Laser and Ka. (which I call dark mode since it only lights up for very likely LEO encounters)

Since I don't have an Android head unit with which to test, and because there may be many other triggers that people can think of, the next update will allow the pushing of named profiles from automation apps like Tasker that can send an intent to other apps. You could use Tasker to, for example, detect both JBV1 running and a particular phone connected via BT at the same time, and Tasker could then execute a task that waits some number of seconds (in case JBV1 just started and isn't ready and able to push) and then sends an intent to JBV1 with the name of a profile to push. You would need some additional logic to handle both phones being connected at the same time, assuming the radio supports that.

1000fc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Since I don't have an Android head unit with which to test, and because there may be many other triggers that people can think of, the next update will allow the pushing of named profiles from automation apps like Tasker that can send an intent to other apps. You could use Tasker to, for example, detect both JBV1 running and a particular phone connected via BT at the same time, and Tasker could then execute a task that waits some number of seconds (in case JBV1 just started and isn't ready and able to push) and then sends an intent to JBV1 with the name of a profile to push. You would need some additional logic to handle both phones being connected at the same time, assuming the radio supports that.
incredible!!! Thank you!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhdau1