V1G2 muting to legit k band Leo’s with v1 driver

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Have you tried posting more than just your email address? The system might get aggressive if the only content is an email address or link.

@SysOp
yes i have
Post automatically merged:

Have you tried posting more than just your email address? The system might get aggressive if the only content is an email address or link.

@SysOp
I have also tried from multiple different devices. Same error no matter what i try.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely the spam system. Once you reach beginner, it shouldn't happen anymore. In the meantime, unless @SysOp s see's a work around, it's an annoyance we have to deal with to keep users safe from PM spam.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@mswlogo,

Thanks for taking a look into this. It's one of my biggest gripes with using V1Driver on the Gen2 since I wasn't getting the same behavior that I was with my Gen1.

With that being said, even with AutoMute enabled, is there a way to unmute the V1 Gen2 when the sensitivity has exceeded 4 lights? Similar to the V1 Gen1 programming where an unmuted signal will come in at full volume (unmuted) when it has exceeded a certain number of lights. See below:

162852.png

I believe this Gen1 programming behavior would override V1Driver's K Band AutoMute if it was actively muting an AutoMuted K band frequency. It was a very good fail safe.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@mswlogo,

Thanks for taking a look into this. It's one of my biggest gripes with using V1Driver on the Gen2 since I wasn't getting the same behavior that I was with my Gen1.

With that being said, even with AutoMute enabled, is there a way to unmute the V1 Gen2 when the sensitivity has exceeded 4 lights? Similar to the V1 Gen1 programming where an unmuted signal will come in at full volume (unmuted) when it has exceeded a certain number of lights. See below:

View attachment 163599

I believe this Gen1 programming behavior would override V1Driver's K Band AutoMute if it was actively muting an AutoMuted K band frequency. It was a very good fail safe.
No, it would not override V1Drivers AutoMute. The whole point of AutoMute is that you have been Notified and you’ll keep track of it. If you don’t like that, don’t AutoMute. Making choices based Strength doesn’t solve or make anything better.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m 99% sure I have this fixed.

If you want to get on Beta PM me with your email you use on the phone.

BTW if you have Voice enabled it would always still say AutoMuted or AutoSnoozed when this does happen. I didn’t account for V1G2 having indefinite “k-muting” in Logic mode.
When is the Beta version going to be pushed to the App Store?

On another note, the current version (2.0.58) posted on the App Store has made my Apple Watch notifications null. I have uninstalled V1Driver on both my Apple Watch S5 and iPhone 11 Pro Max, checked the Notifications on both devices, and there are no changes; notifications appear on the iPhone but not the Apple Watch.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
When is the Beta version going to be pushed to the App Store?

On another note, the current version (2.0.58) posted on the App Store has made my Apple Watch notifications null. I have uninstalled V1Driver on both my Apple Watch S5 and iPhone 11 Pro Max, checked the Notifications on both devices, and there are no changes; notifications appear on the iPhone but not the Apple Watch.

I keep trying to fix another audio bug before releasing. I may have to release without this other audio bug. Sorry for the delay.

Regarding Watch Notifications.

Your watch will not notify if you have your phone in your hand and the notification shows on the phone. Apple won’t allow duplicate notification.

Your watch notifies when the phone is locked.

Likewise, if V1Driver is in foreground the phone will not notify because it assumes you already know the status since you have the app up.

That’s all notifications.

But there is also a Watch App. Apple does not allow apps to launch themselves on the watch. You have to start it manually. Or click on a notification on the watch to launch the app. If the app is in foreground on the watch it will maintain current status regardless of the phone state or V1Driver in foreground etc.

So make sure you understand how it all works.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Your watch will not notify if you have your phone in your hand and the notification shows on the phone. Apple won’t allow duplicate notification.

Likewise, if V1Driver is in foreground the phone will not notify because it assumes you already know the status since you have the app up.

But there is also a Watch App. Apple does not allow apps to launch themselves on the watch. You have to start it manually. Or click on a notification on the watch to launch the app. If the app is in foreground on the watch it will maintain current status regardless of the phone state or V1Driver in foreground etc.
Thanks for the update and clarification of the notification behaviors.

I have tried both methods of leaving the phone unlocked/locked, connected/disconnected on CarPlay, app closed/backgrounded on both the iPhone and Watch, and I cannot get it to work on the latest version. It worked without issue on the previous version that was on App Store.

To give you some further background on this matter, some of my vehicles do not have CarPlay capabilities, so I just get in my vehicle with my phone in my pocket (obviously locked and screen off) and start my trip. I know the phone is connected to my Gen2 because I have it to "Vibrate on Connect." During the trip, a Ka frequency is detected and there is no chirp or notification from my Apple Watch. However if I pull out my phone from my pocket, there is the Ka notification right there on my lock screen. This has been a behavior that I have consistently repeated since the update 4 weeks ago. I thought it was an issue with Band notification, so I enabled "Notification on Connect" and there is no Apple Watch notification there either, only on the phone lock screen that was in my pocket the entire time.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
If the notification is on your lock screen the watch should notify. That is automatically handled by iOS.

I will recheck behavior. I’m away from home without my Watch at the moment but will check tomorrow.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and clarification of the notification behaviors.

I have tried both methods of leaving the phone unlocked/locked, connected/disconnected on CarPlay, app closed/backgrounded on both the iPhone and Watch, and I cannot get it to work on the latest version. It worked without issue on the previous version that was on App Store.

To give you some further background on this matter, some of my vehicles do not have CarPlay capabilities, so I just get in my vehicle with my phone in my pocket (obviously locked and screen off) and start my trip. I know the phone is connected to my Gen2 because I have it to "Vibrate on Connect." During the trip, a Ka frequency is detected and there is no chirp or notification from my Apple Watch. However if I pull out my phone from my pocket, there is the Ka notification right there on my lock screen. This has been a behavior that I have consistently repeated since the update 4 weeks ago. I thought it was an issue with Band notification, so I enabled "Notification on Connect" and there is no Apple Watch notification there either, only on the phone lock screen that was in my pocket the entire time.

Hey David, thanks for pointing this out. There was a couple problems.

If you didn't have V1Driver App installed on the watch it would not give you a Ding or Haptic Feedback.
It's not required to install the App to get that, but that was broken.

Also if you didn't acknowledge a Notification it would also stop Dinging or Haptic Feedback.

Both are fixed in Beta. If you are not on Beta, PM with your email address to get on.

RedThread

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@SysOp
private info seen in screenshot of message #19, please delete?
and delete my nanny message?

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
^Screenshot removed as requested due to PII (Email address).

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I keep trying to fix another audio bug before releasing. I may have to release without this other audio bug. Sorry for the delay.

So make sure you understand how it all works.

The Audio bug (actually Voice) is now hopefully fixed in Beta. So release to App store should be soon.

911C4S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
In the meantime, is the "safe" bet to turn auto mute to 0?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
In the meantime, is the "safe" bet to turn auto mute to 0?
Automute to 0 Delay? Why would you want to do that.

BTW I thought I had Audio bug fixed in last beta but it's still there. Much better but still happens.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ducaiti999