V1G2 muting to legit k band Leo’s with v1 driver

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My V1G2 is muting legit k bands. I have seen this several times. I am running V1 driver with savvy set to 35mph. I was driving down the interstate a few days ago and got 1 beep then it muted. This continued for 1/2 mile (led's only) before I met the LEO. I had full bars and the signal was 8.0 when I check the info on the pin it dropped. The arrows switched as soon as I passed him and it stay muted the whole time. You guys got any idea why I am not getting audible alerts?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
My V1G2 is muting legit k bands. I have seen this several times. I am running V1 driver with savvy set to 35mph. I was driving down the interstate a few days ago and got 1 beep then it muted. This continued for 1/2 mile (led's only) before I met the LEO. I had full bars and the signal was 8.0 when I check the info on the pin it dropped. The arrows switched as soon as I passed him and it stay muted the whole time. You guys got any idea why I am not getting audible alerts?

Do you have Automute on? What delay? Did you have other K pins in the area?

If it "Dropped" a pin then it saw it as the threat.
If you were under Savvy it would not have dropped a pin.

DO you have Voice enabled, didi it say Automuted? Or AutoSnoozed?

V1Driver always reports the reason it did something on the screen, if you could note what it says when it does that, that would be helpful.

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was running down the hwy at hwy speeds. Yes I did have automute enabled at 5 seconds. I have since turned that off to see how it does for me. That was probably my problem.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
What mode are you running? Logic, Advanced Logic, or All Bogies? Just curious.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I was running down the hwy at hwy speeds. Yes I did have automute enabled at 5 seconds. I have since turned that off to see how it does for me. That was probably my problem.

I think I might have seen the issue today.

I think the AutoMute Clock might start while when the Alert starts Visually (in Logic Mode), not based on when it would Alert Audibly.

I have to think about how I can fix this.

Increasing Auto Mute Delay might help. But not eliminate it.

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sounds good. That would be great if we could get a fix for it.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
@mswlogo Do you have a way to program in an unmute when a new stronger threat is detected on K when active muting is currently happening? Seems something like that would solve the issue if active false muting is also muting a new legit threat signal. Or when a legit K frequency is picked up, it should unmute K altogether and let the user dictate behavior at that point. I thought JBV1 does something like that...

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@mswlogo Do you have a way to program in an unmute when a new stronger threat is detected on K when active muting is currently happening? Seems something like that would solve the issue if active false muting is also muting a new legit threat signal. Or when a legit K frequency is picked up, it should unmute K altogether and let the user dictate behavior at that point. I thought JBV1 does something like that..

That is all standard that if a new frequency occurs that isn’t supposed to muted it will unmute. No, I do not unmute based on strength. Strength is way to erratic and way to common on real falses. It would defeat the purpose of GPS locking if it unmuted just because it got strong.

I think a longer delay on AutoMute/Snooze might help a lot.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
That’s not what I was saying. I didn’t say different frequency from GPS locked ones. I’m talking about an override for the “in motion” auto type mutes that would unmute when a specific legit radar frequency range on K pops up. Maybe give the user the option to enable it and specify the frequency range, so then people would have a dynamic option. It’s for the situation described by the OP, where he’s driving along and he’s muting false K and then doesn’t want legit K also being muted when it happens/gets introduced at that same time. Make sense?

Redline411

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was running into this same problem. I almost got caught, but luckily I didn’t have the V1 set to dark mode and caught it visually. I changed the AutoMute up to 10 seconds and it’s helped quite a bit.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
That’s not what I was saying. I didn’t say different frequency from GPS locked ones. I’m talking about an override for the “in motion” auto type mutes that would unmute when a specific legit radar frequency range on K pops up. Maybe give the user the option to enable it and specify the frequency range, so then people would have a dynamic option. It’s for the situation described by the OP, where he’s driving along and he’s muting false K and then doesn’t want legit K also being muted when it happens/gets introduced at that same time. Make sense?

No, it’s not that simple. There is no point in adding all the smarts to statistically guess it’s safe to mute and then statistically guess it’s not. Just based on level.

Bug or no bug. The situation the OP described can happen. It is an imperfect trade off of risk vs sanity.

You are proposing for example every speed sign always alert. Because they always peg the meter.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Sounds good. That would be great if we could get a fix for it.

I’m 99% sure I have this fixed.

If you want to get on Beta PM me with your email you use on the phone.

BTW if you have Voice enabled it would always still say AutoMuted or AutoSnoozed when this does happen. I didn’t account for V1G2 having indefinite “k-muting” in Logic mode.

Last edited:

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

BTW if you have Voice enabled it would always still say AutoMuted or AutoSnoozed when this does happen. I didn’t account for V1G2 having indefinite “k-muting” in Logic mode.
I tried to send you a pm and it wouldn’t let me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I tried to send you a pm and it wouldn’t let me.
Forum might require certain numbers of posts before PM.

I sent you a PM. It might let you reply.

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I still can’t reply to your pm. It thinks it’s spam.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I still can’t reply to your pm. It thinks it’s spam.
Reply on THIS forum at the top of the page. Click the envelop icon. There is no spam filtering within the PM system itself.

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Reply on THIS forum at the top of the page. Click the envelop icon. There is no spam filtering within the PM system itself.
This is what I get when I do that.

[screenshot removed as requested due to PII]

Last edited by a moderator:

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have you tried posting more than just your email address? The system might get aggressive if the only content is an email address or link.

@SysOp

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggo