Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
DocTJ, your post confuses me a bit.
The lockouts in V1 Driver are supposed to quiet down the alert in the same spots each time you approach them.

Perhaps you can elaborate?

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
DocTJ, your post confuses me a bit.
The lockouts in V1 Driver are supposed to quiet down the alert in the same spots each time you approach them.

Perhaps you can elaborate?
Yes!
what I’ve noticed is it will automute the ones that it has learned are falses per say. Like a stationary speed sign. That’s fantastic.
But then there are times where it’s a legit K band threat, and I see the cop, but the v1 is muted and what it has at that point is a visual alert and a very quiet very low audio alert that either I stopped paying attention to or I’m watching the visual alert. This is where I’ve tried to increase the volume in the v1 while it’s muted to try to get it to raise its muted volume. Help?

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes!
what I’ve noticed is it will automute the ones that it has learned are falses per say. Like a stationary speed sign. That’s fantastic.
But then there are times where it’s a legit K band threat, and I see the cop, but the v1 is muted and what it has at that point is a visual alert and a very quiet very low audio alert that either I stopped paying attention to or I’m watching the visual alert. This is where I’ve tried to increase the volume in the v1 while it’s muted to try to get it to raise its muted volume. Help?
This is what’s happening to me.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ohhh. Yeah. Raising the mute volume is probably not the best workaround for that scenario since it affects all alerts.

This really seems like an issue where muting is happening when it shouldn't, or un-muting isn't happening as it should.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok I was having a similar issue and went back to my “notes.” Open V1 Driver and go to settings and then go to “auto mute and snooze settings.” If the top option is on, that will cause it, and currently, I have everything on this page set to off. Make sure auto mute is OFF and auto snooze is OFF. This is what fixed my problem of 3 - 6 signal strength bars not alerting with beeps.
C581345C-9BBA-4933-9B7C-086F8CFE295B.jpeg

beanland

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok I was having a similar issue and went back to my “notes.” Open V1 Driver and go to settings and then go to “auto mute and snooze settings.” If the top option is on, that will cause it, and currently, I have everything on this page set to off. Make sure auto mute is OFF and auto snooze is OFF. This is what fixed my problem of 3 - 6 signal strength bars not alerting with beeps. View attachment 162804
Sounds good. I will try that. Thank you.

mhowie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This sounds like a double-mute situation.

As a test, Run the V1 without an app and drive by a known strong signal.
As the signal is detected, press mute twice within 1 second. Tap tap.

The alert will stay muted as you get closer and stay that way until the signal dissipates entirely. During that time, other signals might also be muted until all signals are gone.

This is normal behavior for the V1 by itself and can really help in a parking lot or stop and go traffic. Some apps can cause a double-mute scenario in some cases.
:)
Didn't know this. So I'm clear, and running V1 without an App, the "tap tap" of the mute button mutes ALL signals within a certain timeframe? It would go beyond a single tap of the mute button which would only mute the signal currently active and being audibly broadcast at the normal volume level?

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes. It would mute all alerts to the pre-set mute level until all alerts were no longer detected. (I don't think I've even checked this on a Gen2 yet.) It's probably still an undocumented feature and as such could potentially disappear with an update.

Daaavid

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been using V1Driver with my Gen1 and now my Gen2.

The muting programming on the V1 Gen1 were much more customizable. You could essentially keep the V1 Gen1 muted for X seconds and/or until X sensitivity before the K band signal comes in full tilt. This programming allowed the Gen1 to overcome the V1Driver muting and was a good failsafe to ensure absolute threat(s) were not muted. See below:

PZqgfL5.png

On the V1 Gen2, however, we do not get these mute programming options, at all. So after multiple occasions on nearly getting toasted by local constables and sheriffs running K band around my office, this is what I've come to find out with V1Driver's auto muting K band behavior (default settings which is AutoMute K after 5 seconds) on the V1 Gen2 with default programming.

The AutoMute option on V1Driver does not discriminate; if there is a singular K band frequency coming in either at full tilt (6/6 lights) or you're getting 1/6 light sensitivity that goes into 6/6 lights, the AutoMute countdown has already started. This was not the case for the V1 Gen1 because the V1 would determine its own muting behavior. The app supplemented the Gen1 muting behavior; if the signal was stronger than 4 or 6 lights (V1 Gen1 programming options E and F in the above picture), the V1 would unmute overriding V1Driver's AutoMuting behavior. Since the V1Gen 2 cannot be programmed in this manner, if a weak 1/6 light signal came in and slowly approached 4/6 lights after 5 seconds (default AutoMute setting), V1Driver would have still kept that frequency muted.

Because of the undesired muting behavior I've experienced with V1Driver and V1 Gen2, you have two options:
  • Run the V1 Gen2 in All Bogeys mode (A) with AutoMute still enabled, so any K band signal that chirps the V1 initially will come in at full volume and require you to determine the threat. You will have to do the heavy lifting to determine if it is legit or not as there is essentially no K band suppression in All Bogeys mode. Since V1Driver is already handling GPS and Savvy, you can still have some sanity in false alerting from rolling blind spot monitoring falses.
  • Run the V1 Gen2 in Logic mode (L) with AutoMute disabled. This will use V1's internal programming to determine what signals will come in at the muted volume and then progress to the unmuted volume or come in at full volume from the get-go. This will require some vigilance, but you can be sure that the app will not mute an actual threat, ever. This will increase your ground noise because you may run into rolling blind spot monitoring falses that will come and go, and that's what AutoMute and Auto Snooze was designed to combat.
My take:
  • Until V1Driver or someone can tell me otherwise, I recommend disabling AutoMute if you actively deal with K band threats in your area.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
View attachment 162805
Adjusted.
will let you know how it works

thanks @Deadhead1971 amd @Bloovy One
current preference, subject to Change: With V1Driver, I have lockouts set to mute and kill the display. That makes the lockout ID quick, easy, quiet. When there is real LEO in lockout area, the display comes alive, +also gets the muted audio too.

I have G2 mute volume set to minimum. For some time now, I run Automute K on. I also run automute with snooze (for 20-30 seconds I think). I do get the initial muted audio and visual alert to a real LEO.... it keeps quiet as they approach. Yes, for many that is issue.

However, at the moment for me, I am lazy when the semi rare K band BSM busts through. This keeps that quiet enough time for me to turn, or get away in traffic from the polluter. Noise suppression is important for me. I hear/see the K band muted. Keep eye/ear on the alert to see real LEO, or look around for BSM. AND when both LEO signal is going, AND here are one/many BSM around me at the time, this silly “Mike Valentine rule” of unmasking all multiple alerts including BSM normally blocked by verifier, the crazy behavior stays quiet.

Someday as more LEO run K band, I do not do WebEx calls from the vehicle (hands free), don‘t have cranky passengers, and BSM improved even more, might turn off the timed automute.

Last edited:

Redline411

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been using V1Driver with my Gen1 and now my Gen2.

The muting programming on the V1 Gen1 were much more customizable. You could essentially keep the V1 Gen1 muted for X seconds and/or until X sensitivity before the K band signal comes in full tilt. This programming allowed the Gen1 to overcome the V1Driver muting and was a good failsafe to ensure absolute threat(s) were not muted. See below:

View attachment 162852

On the V1 Gen2, however, we do not get these mute programming options, at all. So after multiple occasions on nearly getting toasted by local constables and sheriffs running K band around my office, this is what I've come to find out with V1Driver's auto muting K band behavior (default settings which is AutoMute K after 5 seconds) on the V1 Gen2 with default programming.

The AutoMute option on V1Driver does not discriminate; if there is a singular K band frequency coming in either at full tilt (6/6 lights) or you're getting 1/6 light sensitivity that goes into 6/6 lights, the AutoMute countdown has already started. This was not the case for the V1 Gen1 because the V1 would determine its own muting behavior. The app supplemented the Gen1 muting behavior; if the signal was stronger than 4 or 6 lights (V1 Gen1 programming options E and F in the above picture), the V1 would unmute overriding V1Driver's AutoMuting behavior. Since the V1Gen 2 cannot be programmed in this manner, if a weak 1/6 light signal came in and slowly approached 4/6 lights after 5 seconds (default AutoMute setting), V1Driver would have still kept that frequency muted.

Because of the undesired muting behavior I've experienced with V1Driver and V1 Gen2, you have two options:
  • Run the V1 Gen2 in All Bogeys mode (A) with AutoMute still enabled, so any K band signal that chirps the V1 initially will come in at full volume and require you to determine the threat. You will have to do the heavy lifting to determine if it is legit or not as there is essentially no K band suppression in All Bogeys mode. Since V1Driver is already handling GPS and Savvy, you can still have some sanity in false alerting from rolling blind spot monitoring falses.
  • Run the V1 Gen2 in Logic mode (L) with AutoMute disabled. This will use V1's internal programming to determine what signals will come in at the muted volume and then progress to the unmuted volume or come in at full volume from the get-go. This will require some vigilance, but you can be sure that the app will not mute an actual threat, ever. This will increase your ground noise because you may run into rolling blind spot monitoring falses that will come and go, and that's what AutoMute and Auto Snooze was designed to combat.
My take:
  • Until V1Driver or someone can tell me otherwise, I recommend disabling AutoMute if you actively deal with K band threats in your area.
Great post! I’ve taken a different approach that has worked well for me so far. I’m currently running (l) mode with AutoMute on, but I adjusted out to 10 seconds. This has proven to give me enough time to determine whether it’s a legitimate threat. I’ve debated going to (A), but I’m going to run my current setup for a few more weeks.

Transwarp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've seen both the G1 and G2 do this, regardless of V1 Driver-mystery muting. We have a place where a K speed sign is adjacent to a highway on ramp...LEO sits on the ramp shooting KA at traffic receding...I've seen both devices mute K, then Ka shows up, but no double brap. I've learned to pay close attention-most LEO in my area is Ka, but there is still an occasional K gun live...I will say the G2 is WAY better with BSM, and is notably more sensitive than the G1 on Ka, you get a lot more reflections and unfortunately I'm learning about Cobras and other false senses of security. I'm still playing with V1 Driver, the auto savvy function is great, and it knows the six speed signs in my area, and the open highway part where yet another speed sign on K sprays onto the highway about a mile before the on ramp....and I've seen the system pick out the Ka reflection out from under the K band false and alert me to it...but occasionally the logic inside the V1 detectors will mute Ka when previously muted K. It's a bug, but very occasional, and I'm not in a place where it matters when it happens. I don't think the issue is V1 Driver.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What Transwarp says above is not a V1 Driver bug and I don't believe it's entirely the same issue as is being discussed. :)

There's a specific option in JBV1 that will cause a "normal" alert to occur through JBV1's audio in those instances where an X or K mute will also mute a nearby Ka signal.
It sounds different than the detector's own generated alert sounds so you know when it's happening if you let it the detector make sounds normally.

Pic attached for reference. :) The green arrow is pointing to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-041357.png
    Screenshot_20201112-041357.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 15

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There's also Mute Hold cancel. To let subsequent alerts come straight through

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics