Looking for bluetooth transmitter compatible with sena multipoint

flyingchipmunk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You all are a smart bunch of folks, hopefully someone has already done this.

So the setup:
A sena smh10r, a cellphone for nav/music, a radar detector (R3) and a yet to be discovered bluetooth transmitter instead of the ridiculously overpriced and monster sized sena sr10 unit.

The Goal:
- Pair the cellphone as usual as primary HFP
- Pair the radar detector via a bluetooth transmitter that works with sena's multipoint pairing.

I've looked through the threads here but haven't found a magic bullet. Anybody run a setup like this that works? Open to interesting ideas but requirements are wirefree from the R3 and ability to use phone for nav/music (or intercom with friends) and the detector at the same time.

The SR10 is a solution, but I can't justify the cost and it's ugly as sin.

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I've already tried these 2 guys with no luck...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSX28M/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SQ931Y/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
so just to confirm, you need a BT device that sends the mono signal from the R3?

you could always swap to a V1 and run JBV1 through the phone ;)

flyingchipmunk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
so just to confirm, you need a BT device that sends the mono signal from the R3?

you could always swap to a V1 and run JBV1 through the phone ;)
Yup need a bluetooth transmitter for the r3 that works with the sena multipoint pairing.

The phone lives in my pocket so JBV1 wouldn't be the best :)

gwing

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I use a Freewire (similar to SR10) which integrates the bike audio plus one additional external input and sends this to my helmet. Then I pair my phone to the helmet for situational awareness alerts. It all works seamlessly but it was expensive

Last edited:

flyingchipmunk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I use a Freewire (similar to SR10) which integrates the bike audio plus one additional external input and sends this to my helmet. Then I pair my phone to the helmet for situational awareness alerts. It all works seamlessly but it was expensive
yeah I wish those sena units weren't so expensive. I could get over the ugly, but not the value for the price ha.

gwing

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well, for my specific setup, '14M Goldwing-non navi, I wanted a wireless solution to the OEM wired cords and such. The main reason was that every time you got on or off the bike, you had to deal with the cords. My research into quiet helmets (we both have moderate NIHL) led me to Schuberth. The wife and I purchased C3Pros and I installed a front and rear Freewire unit on the bike to replace the cords. The operation was dodgy at first, but I met with some Sena reps at the AIMS show and they helped me sort out the bugs. The Freewire is $250/unit and the helmets communication system was another $250 or so per. But, I achieved the goal of not having any cords and improved the riding experience.

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have the Sena SM10 and SR10. Both are ugly and have their quirks, but they do work well. I don't know of anything else that comes close. I hide them out of sight on all five of my bikes.

-S1930

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The SM10 transmits stereo and is smaller than the mono SR10. I find it hilarious that the way it looks is a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flyingchipmunk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah what can I say, I don't want a bluetooth transmitter to be larger than the device it's transmitting for :D

Good to know studio1930 that they do indeed work for people. I don't have much room to hide or mount things, I ride a cruiser with no fairing just a small windscreen.

For now I use a small bluetooth transmitter attached to the top of the R3 and wear one bluetooth earpiece under my helmet. Gets the job done it's just one more thing I have to recharge the battery.

This is the current setup that works, but I'd love to have it integrated with the headset still. (And that license plate says "WINGIT" not "WIN IT" hahaha)

Attachments

• 2020-10-25 14.44.49.jpg
    2020-10-25 14.44.49.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

tronster

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah what can I say, I don't want a bluetooth transmitter to be larger than the device it's transmitting for :D

Good to know studio1930 that they do indeed work for people. I don't have much room to hide or mount things, I ride a cruiser with no fairing just a small windscreen.

For now I use a small bluetooth transmitter attached to the top of the R3 and wear one bluetooth earpiece under my helmet. Gets the job done it's just one more thing I have to recharge the battery.

This is the current setup that works, but I'd love to have it integrated with the headset still. (And that license plate says "WINGIT" not "WIN IT" hahaha)
Hi. So, did you achieve the goal of pairing a sena headset with both phone and uniden detector? I'm in the same boat as my sena 20s evo arrives next week. There's a lot of reasonably priced Bluetooth transmitters around but don't want to buy something that times out and disconnects or can't be charged while in use

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

flyingchipmunk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi. So, did you achieve the goal of pairing a sena headset with both phone and uniden detector? I'm in the same boat as my sena 20s evo arrives next week. There's a lot of reasonably priced Bluetooth transmitters around but don't want to buy something that times out and disconnects or can't be charged while in use

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
sadly no, I'm using this guy and a single Bluetooth earbud for the detector -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSX28M/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

It's the smallest one I could find, battery lasts about 10hrs. I use one earbud at a time and they last about 4hrs each, as one dies I put it back in the charging case and use the other.

It isn't the cleanest setup, but it works.

And these are the earbuds I'm using. They haven't timed out, dropped the connection or anything. They can be tricky at first go to get it paired the correct way with the transmitter, but once figured out they have been working great for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088MDZ4KZ/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoe