Announcement Premium Plus Membership Now Available!

Yippeekyaa

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
E8A11145-79BE-4C33-99E6-1EB04B7E1F46.jpeg

alloy00

vMax
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is the private jet shared like the yacht, or do you each have one? :)

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hahahahaha. I actually like that !!👍👍

I will tow it behind my 460 V-8 balanced and blueprinted speedboat 😉😉😏😏

I'll be the ONLY SPEEDBOAT on a "slow boat from china" course 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Benzr

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funding the forum in a fun way is useless? Then why do it again if it's so useless? Offer service then tell people not to do it? Terrible salesmanship. Lol

Sure most of the premium membership benefits didn't really do much. But some were excellent ideas if people actually helped with them. But that's like pulling teeth as I'm sure you've learned.

Premium memberships are an excellent way for members of the community to give back to the community and support it. It's the best way to guarantee it keeps going and doesn't become dependent on manufacturers or vendors.

Say what you want about the old administration but they got it right with the Forum structure and its ability to go on indefinitely.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funding the forum in a fun way is useless? Then why do it again if it's so useless? Offer service then tell people not to do it? Terrible salesmanship. Lol

Sure most of the premium membership benefits didn't really do much. But some were excellent ideas if people actually helped with them. But that's like pulling teeth as I'm sure you've learned.

Premium memberships are an excellent way for members of the community to give back to the community and support it. It's the best way to guarantee it keeps going and doesn't become dependent on manufacturers or vendors.

Say what you want about the old administration but they got it right with the Forum structure and its ability to go on indefinitely.

Welcome back Chad! Great to see you again! I hope you're doing great.

Honestly, I am in no hurry to sell premium membership. And as mentioned many times before, we're fully sufficient with or without premium membership. I mean it's just a few hundred bucks a month and as we mentioned many times, The Administration's personal finances can more than support that indefinitely. And it's not like we said Premium memberships wouldn't ever come back.

But really the biggest issues with the premium system is that they were lifetime obligations which are difficult to fulfill and we dug ourselves into a hole trying to settle everyone who wanted a refund on their lifetime subscriptions because they felt it didn't offer them enough benefits. Then the second problem was that there was ZERO accounting of any of this which made it difficult accounting wise. Then finally, we're not a NPO and that meant justifying "donations" to the IRS became an impossible tasks. That's why we had to get rid of donations.

But that didn't stop all the people from demanding that we provide a way to help reimburse the owners for all the money they spent trying to make people whole. So we decided to give them a choice to do so. But to prevent the weirdos from filing a chargeback about subscribing to a useless service, we made it very clear it was NOT recommended that you purchase it.

We're not dependent on manufacturers or vendors because we run premium. But rather we are independent because we don't need to run premium. And that's where we improved upon the older administration which clearly did not have the ability to go on indefinitely. If we can get back the money we spent paying off the loans from manufacturers the previous administration had taken out, then great. If not, then oh wells. I know I've wasted MUCH MORE money on cars than I did on the forums.

Anyways, we got the forum to a nice state with very few drama. Let's end it right here as I will not tolerate any attempts to destabilize the forum.

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome back Chad! Great to see you again! I hope you're doing great.

Honestly, I am in no hurry to sell premium membership. And as mentioned many times before, we're fully sufficient with or without premium membership. I mean it's just a few hundred bucks a month and as we mentioned many times, The Administration's personal finances can more than support that indefinitely. And it's not like we said Premium memberships wouldn't ever come back.

But really the biggest issues with the premium system is that they were lifetime obligations which are difficult to fulfill and we dug ourselves into a hole trying to settle everyone who wanted a refund on their lifetime subscriptions because they felt it didn't offer them enough benefits. Then the second problem was that there was ZERO accounting of any of this which made it difficult accounting wise. Then finally, we're not a NPO and that meant justifying "donations" to the IRS became an impossible tasks. That's why we had to get rid of donations.

But that didn't stop all the people from demanding that we provide a way to help reimburse the owners for all the money they spent trying to make people whole. So we decided to give them a choice to do so. But to prevent the weirdos from filing a chargeback about subscribing to a useless service, we made it very clear it was NOT recommended that you purchase it.

We're not dependent on manufacturers or vendors because we run premium. But rather we are independent because we don't need to run premium. And that's where we improved upon the older administration which clearly did not have the ability to go on indefinitely. If we can get back the money we spent paying off the loans from manufacturers the previous administration had taken out, then great. If not, then oh wells. I know I've wasted MUCH MORE money on cars than I did on the forums.

Anyways, we got the forum to a nice state with very few drama. Let's end it right here as I will not tolerate any attempts to destabilize the forum.

Good to hear. Sounds like you have a good understanding of the various pluses and minuses of a forum funded by it's members and staff.

Definitely would argue the point of the Forum designed to go on indefinitely. Clearly it's still here, and as it was originally intended/designed (recognized or not).

Yes it's been nice to notice a little bit less drama than in the past. Even if it comes with a little less activity.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Glad that you now have this capability to get a "premium" membership. I have been wanting to find a way to contribute to costs etc for the site as a way to thank the site operators because this forum has been fantastic to get and share information with. Glad we have this avenue.

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score
They made a song about the RDF yatch and its glorious owners:

alee

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just like my cars, depreciating assets that I continue to spend money on even though I know better. Why should RDF be any different?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggo