R3 firmware update from USA to NZL

FocusedWest

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone what an amazing network here i have been using the DFR7 for a while and managed to get myself a R3 US for a deal but after going through youtube and the topics here im at a standstill to get the radar working with the NZ firmware and speed camera database.

also its running the 153.214.115 firmware at the mo.

any help would be amazing thanks guys.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Morning and Welcome!
Think you are mixing apples and tamarillos.
The FWs aren’t interchangeable between models. Each detector has specific FW written specially for it.
You’re in the right section of the forum.
The R3 may not be the best choice for you needs in that it can’t get low enough in frequency but, read on
Speak with @Mithheru before you try flashing your device.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

LinuxD

Prepare for warp speed.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Also, please use the proper terminology. You have a radar detector. You stated ".......im at a standstill to get the radar working.........."

It cuts down on the confusion. Kind of like if you went to the hospital complaining of knee pain but kept pointing at your elbow.

Be cautious about trying to flash a firmware not made for your specific model and or regional area.. (as pointed out above) You could brick it.

Were it that simple then the manufacturers would make one model and load whatever database they were shipping THAT UNIT to...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggo