Laser Jammer Schematics

QF8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for Laser Jammer Schematic Diagrams preferably something like the ALP (Anti Laser Priority)

I'm an electronics design engineer who wants to design a very sensitive laser receiver head and adapt it to operate with my existing ALP.
The reason is that detector and jammers are now illegal in my state so i have to build a stealth sensor.
ALP Laser jammer heads are sealed and potted making them difficult to reverse engineer the interfacing electronics hence a schematic would be good if anyone has one.
I intend on building a detector that uses the very latest in Single Photon multiplier detector technology a 904nm bandpass filter, glass rod light pipe and interface the digital output into the ALP for the software algorithm.

Please feel free to PM me.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't know of any openly available schematics, but maybe radenso since they built an interface module. But that's not even close to what your trying to do.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yea, no schematics of the head unfortunately. I know a few people have torn them down to see the internals after the sensors failed.

Your best bet for hiding an install is Perspex. You can hide the heads behind it and it makes it look like an OEM lidar or radar cruise control modules.

Where are you btw? Most people who run jammers where it's illegal tend to bank on the fact that the fines aren't bad and LEOs don't know what to look for.

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I started converting an alp head to a fiber optic one so if i can dig out the pics of that, I'll shoot them your way.

There is another way to increase the sensitivity besides going through all that trouble..

Is there any benefit to just hiding a standard alp head behind perspex to make it invisible rather than all of this?
(not trying to discourage; this is pretty cool and i definitely want to follow your project)

QF8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi All

Yes im in Australia and the fines are 7 demerit points and $1500 fine for a radar detector . If its a double demerit weekend then that's loss of licence.
Below is a photo of my current stealth install. Can you see it?
I used 1mm Infrared filter bought from Element 14. https://au.element14.com/c/passive-components/filters/infrared-filters
This material has better 904nm transmittance than Standard perspex. This is what you should be using.

I want to improve things as the current pin diodes detectors used in the ALP and most other laser jammers are low tech and low cost as they need to be for a consumer product.
I'm planning on using the latest in SIPM detectors which can detect a single IR photon giving extreme sensitivity and range.
SIPM's are the new tech replacing PMT's ( Photon Multiplier Tubes) which are used in military defense optics and medical imaging. An SIPM can be bought from Digikey for about $80.00.
Fiber optic size input is the way to go but you need extreme receiver sensitivity to get over the optical losses.

I'm wanting to understand the ALP signalling method between the receiver head and the master unit for interfacing.

1603158257266.png

Attachments

• Plastic filter 904nm.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Very stealthy! We love a good perspex install.

IMO that's plenty stealthy, so you shouldn't have to worry. Not saying you should stop innovating!

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm wanting to understand the ALP signalling method between the receiver head and the master unit for interfacing.
This might be a good starting point ;

Also covered under AUS 2008355569

Last edited:

QF8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Winterbrew.. Great find..

I haven't read the whole patent application yet but it has some interesting detail even naming the electronic components.
Do you know which Laser Jammer this relates too, is it Anti Laser Priority.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi All

Yes im in Australia and the fines are 7 demerit points and $1500 fine for a radar detector . If its a double demerit weekend then that's loss of licence.
Below is a photo of my current stealth install. Can you see it?
I used 1mm Infrared filter bought from Element 14. https://au.element14.com/c/passive-components/filters/infrared-filters
This material has better 904nm transmittance than Standard perspex. This is what you should be using.

I want to improve things as the current pin diodes detectors used in the ALP and most other laser jammers are low tech and low cost as they need to be for a consumer product.
I'm planning on using the latest in SIPM detectors which can detect a single IR photon giving extreme sensitivity and range.
SIPM's are the new tech replacing PMT's ( Photon Multiplier Tubes) which are used in military defense optics and medical imaging. An SIPM can be bought from Digikey for about $80.00.
Fiber optic size input is the way to go but you need extreme receiver sensitivity to get over the optical losses.

View attachment 162344
Unless I've misread the specs in the PDF, it's an acrylic with a similar ~10% loss at 904nm as the other brand-name IR transmitting acrylics as Perspex and Plexiglas. Getting it in a 1mm thickness is excellent.

The best stealth install I've seen, from an admirer of stealth acrylic installs. It would be wonderful to see some pics on how the lenses were made.:bravo:

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Winterbrew.. Great find..

I haven't read the whole patent application yet but it has some interesting detail even naming the electronic components.
Do you know which Laser Jammer this relates too, is it Anti Laser Priority.
Yes, A-ELEKTRONIK is the parent company of ALP. Or at least the company that works on the PCBs, and holds several patents that are exclusive to ALP.

1603171695005.png

On their site this looks quite similar to the hifi contol pad.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

QF8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Attachments

• SFH 2505.pdf