Hello All, new here. Coming from a R7 to V1G2. Little learning curve.

Santoro1200

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So far loving it paired with V1 driver for my IPhone. I set most of the parameters based off Vortex.
The only problem I’m having is: Having the alert sound of “K” “KA” verbally come out of my car speakers. Or anywhere for that matter. It’s hooked up via Apple CarPlay.

In V1 driver setting I only have use HFP on and volume both set at 10 on everything “volume and HFP volume”

Any input would be much appreciated. Other then that. I’m sold.

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Double check all your sound and notification settings. Mine is set to Duck music and works great. The main reason of the switch for me was this feature. With the top down in my car I was always worried I wouldn’t hear an alert from the R7 due to the wind noise. The display on the Valentine seems brighter as well.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new V1G2! There are many V1G2 owners who use V1 Driver and I’m sure that they will be happy to offer their suggestions.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

The V1G2 will serve you well. The setting for audio seem to be overly tricky when using Apple Car Play. Enjoy!

Santoro1200

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Very kind of you. Salleen556. So, you have Duck Music on and HFP on? And this should help my minor problem with the G2? I know it’s just a technical thing I need to figure out. Just haven’t yet lol. But yes, seems the way it ramps up approaching “The Man” in my opinion is a lot better then my R7. At one experience so far. And it worked fantastic.

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Very kind of you. Salleen556. So, you have Duck Music on and HFP on? And this should help my minor problem with the G2? I know it’s just a technical thing I need to figure out. Just haven’t yet lol. But yes, seems the way it ramps up approaching “The Man” in my opinion is a lot better then my R7. At one experience so far. And it worked fantastic.
I have HFP off.
Post automatically merged:

BAE5F8A9-0A59-49DE-8957-8F8CD81F20CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Santoro1200

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Maybe it’s possible I had the volume on the ringer down on my iPhone? Even though I’m using CarPlay? I can adjust my music fine with Apple Music. But I did just notice my volume on my phone was all the way down. Maybe that could have affected it. IDK 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

You’re awesome. Thank you. I will set everything to that. And try.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, congrats on the G2!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Discord Server