Ignore 24.199 menu option

rowdyz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, I just updated to newest firmware and noticed ignore 24.199 and it was on when going through the menu. Is that frequency a known bsm false? Also, is k wide ok or should use k extended?

Action123

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Interested as well. Been using K narrow on previous firmware in Colorado but maybe another option is preferred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That feature has been there for a while. It's "K block" and it's a hack to keep quiet around Honda's and Acuras.

If you feel like you'll never face really police radar in that frequency range it works well to quiet down the detector. In some areas though, it's possible that drifting guns will fall into that range.

I'd call "K block" a calculated risk. If the risk of desensitiztion to K band because of Honda/Acura false alerts is greater than the risk of ever facing actual police radar in that range, I'd turn it on.

rowdyz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok, yes I think I will check the settings again. I try to remember which bands on K are false, n that 24.199 is about the only one I remember ha

87GN

TXCTG Rollin' Steel Wheels============
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was hit in that frequency range by a Sheriff in Canyon, TX on I-27. I was using my V1.2 that day. K block on my R7 isn't used. I'd have been toast that day!

rowdyz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Oh, that’s great it’s a used frequency in TX. I think I will leave Kblock on, K wide since most use nearby is KA. When traveling on highway, I will just use HWY so it picks up everything

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh, that’s great it’s a used frequency in TX. I think I will leave Kblock on, K wide since most use nearby is KA. When traveling on highway, I will just use HWY so it picks up everything
Highway mode doesn't affect or change what your other settings are as far as K Block, K Filter, TSR, and which bands are on, it will detect the same thing as it would in Advanced or City its just at a higher sensitivity. If you want a different K setting you will still have to change it independently no matter which mode you're on.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex