Waze vulnerabilities for privacy

Q ship

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I didn't find anything about this in the forum so I will add it here for others to be aware of and hopefully it will get changed soon.

I don't think it will be exploited to any serious degree but it is an issue that can be so good to know about.

mikeoxlong

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In the article, they made a huge leap from being able to determine a username to actually figuring out the person's identity through social media.

I know my username has nothing to do with anything outside of Waze and I suspect most others don't either. In fact, the most common username would seem too be the default of Wazer.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My friends......always, always remember this:

If you are not paying for the product, then you ARE the product.

Nobody should use the words "privacy" and "Wayz" in the same sentence. You gotta understand that Wayz is not offering you a free service out of the goodness of its heart. One way or another, Wayz (and Google) are selling the data they get from your phone and computer.

Last edited:

purpleslug

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
As long as I can’t get a fine or put in jail for them tracking my speed I don’t mind.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
My friends......always, always remember this:

If you are not paying for the product, then you ARE the product.

Nobody should use the words "privacy" and "Wayz" in the same sentence. You gotta understand that Wayz is not offering you a free service out of the goodness of its heart. One way or another, Wayz (and Google) are selling the data they get from your phone and computer.
And in the case of Microsoft, you are paying for the product, and still are the product. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggo