Hello Everyone

Sccarguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’m a professional car detailer ,my daily ride is a c7 Vette but I have a white Chrysler 200 for my road trips . I run a R7 on a blendmount . Help my daughter just moved to Shaunburg IL. Two weeks ago ,So any R7 setting advice for road trips from my home in SC to IL would be appreciated.

Bingly

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome!:holy:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

The R7 will serve you well. Check out the Uniden Section for setting and also Vortex's website https://www.vortexradar.com for easy step by step setups.

Tons to learn and read on the Forum. Enjoy!

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
A car detailer from South Carolina?
You must reside in Myrtle Beach
Or be fkin great at what you do

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Sccarguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the RDF!

The R7 will serve you well. Check out the Uniden Section for setting and also Vortex's website https://www.vortexradar.com for easy step by step setups.

Tons to learn and read on the Forum. Enjoy!

A car detailer from South Carolina?
You must reside in Myrtle Beach
Or be fkin great at what you do
I'm in lexington sc , Detailing isn't my only source of income. But I like to think I'm great at it .

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Detailing isn't my only source of income
It's a shame to hear you say that
One would hope to make 45-65k a year solo full time in the bigger cities of SC and NC

The problem I ran into after 8 years in business around Charlotte was customers didnt value the service
Compared services and prices to the common chain car wash
And were never satisfied
Constantly looking for a better deal no matter how competitive the rate or how good the Detail was
I say detail rather then service bc while I was nice to all customers and did everything they asked

I could never spare even a minute to veer off track and just bs with them or they'd keep you there all day (on mobile)
I didnt feel I could offer excellent service a great detail and a competitive price solo all in one visit

I didnt like to leave the house for less than 100 and coincidentally they never wanted to spend more then a hundred after the initial $200 5hr detail was done

I found myself so willing to accept a bit less money if I could get a much more appreciative knowledgeable customer

I built an 8yr name for myself and could tell customers would constantly run through the wash and use dealer or more inexperienced teams of mobile detailers with no knowledge and work for a few dollars over minimum wage

After about 5 years I realized I was definitely in the wrong area and probably in the wrong business

Not to mention turning a passionate hobby into a business made me hate detailing (after some years)

I'm currently working on a marketing degree to hopefully give me the inspiration and knowledge to start another business that will give me the same average American income without the manual labor

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i90don90