Is it worth keeping an R7 with missing accessories?

terminator0723

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I finally found me a used R7 on Amazon. Was supposed to be like new. The radar detector got here and the power cord, window mount, and suction cups were missing. I paid $360 before taxes when the prices were bouncing up and down..

The window mount with the two suction cups doesn't look terribly expensive, but the big one with the single cup is a bit pricier.. Which one are people using? The power cord I'm still searching for. Worth keeping and buying that stuff separately or send it back? 🤔

wirelessandy

It's a very exciting time
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I first used the adhesive mounts you'd find on ebay for less than $10. Nothing more than angled metal with an adhesive on the back.

I spent the $ on a Blendmount and it's working great.

My R7 is hardwired.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
So I finally found me a used R7 on Amazon. Was supposed to be like new. The radar detector got here and the power cord, window mount, and suction cups were missing. I paid $360 before taxes when the prices were bouncing up and down..

The window mount with the two suction cups doesn't look terribly expensive, but the big one with the single cup is a bit pricier.. Which one are people using? The power cord I'm still searching for. Worth keeping and buying that stuff separately or send it back? 🤔

It was listed "As New" and doesn't seem like it now. So what else are they not saying? Just saying. I would have already returned it!

Two options if it where me: 1) Buy a factory refurb from Uniden with full warranty and comes with everything a retail unit does OR 2) if you currently have an RD, I would wait and put the $420 of the refurb price toward a Theia and never buy another detector for a long time IE one and done!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I'd recommend you review the original description of what you bought as posted by the seller, and see if they mentioned it was missing the accessories. If it wasn't mentioned, then you likely have a valid claim to receiving an item not as described. You could return it and get your money back. Buying all the accessories will easily cost you more than what a new unit would cost you.

terminator0723

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It was listed "As New" and doesn't seem like it now. So what else are they not saying? Just saying. I would have already returned it!

That's definitely crossed my mind. I wonder if this damn thing even works 😂😂
I'd recommend you review the original description of what you bought as posted by the seller, and see if they mentioned it was missing the accessories. If it wasn't mentioned, then you likely have a valid claim to receiving an item not as described.
It's supposed to include everything. Amazon is pretty hassle free with returns anyway

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have one of the 3m mounts you can have if you like. I switched to the V1 Gen2 so it’s useless to me.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
No power cord is very suspicious to me! Who sells a supposedly good RD and forgets the things one HAS to HAVE to make it worth having IE power cord and mount. Otherwise it is just an expensive paperweight isn't it!

I would not waste one second trying to figure out the mystery or even thinking about it, I would have already processed the return. Again factory refurb with a warranty isn't that much more and comes with full accessories.

There is so much fraud on Amazon with their supposed new real products, I would never buy anything used on there. I bought a two channel remote temperature probe set for smoking that was supposedly one of the best from a company claiming to be the company I wanted to buy from and it turned out to be a fake piece of junk. Same thing happened with a WiFi OBDII I bought. It was such a bad fake that the label was on the wrong side, the grip bumps were on the wrong side and the OBDII interface connector was 180 degrees out causing the LED to point toward the floor so you couldn't see them IE it is basically like the fraudsters must have taken Pics and used the negatives to make their fake. I opened it up after Amazon refunded my money and said don't send it back. The main OBDII chip was not the current one they claimed it was, but one from 3 years prior that are now a dime for 100. Amazon just doesn't care, its all about the money, not sellers integrity. Amazon said I was about the 50th person to complain and that they were banning the seller. Seller is STILL on Amazon and has sold thousands of fakes, again, it is about the money. 50 complains is nothing compared to all the fees from thousands of sales.

Sorry for the Rant and slight derail of the OP, but it back mu point of view, I would return the R7 ASAP.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Too bad you missed the woot sale.
I may be wrong but when unidens show up on woot it usually mean shelves ar being cleared and a new detector is on the way. Haven’t been paying attention here since I’m not looking 4 new detector but if a new ones coming there will be sales.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972