R7 FW 133.141.113 - Menu Navigating

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So just did the update, (Windows 10) flawless fast and easy. However, and I do like the Expert menu option, but with so many settings (a good thing) I did find it a challenge scrolling through the menu options and trying to make changes, and if you are not quick enough, it will escape out of that setting. Man an app here would be nice! Looks like Advanced is gone as an option on the display too which I liked...Anyway, else feeling this or I am just an old guy...

bhrodeoaz

Lifted and tuned Ram...im not in romania
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Advanced mode is still there along with city and highway. Just takes a little bit to find it. But its there

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So just did the update, (Windows 10) flawless fast and easy. However, and I do like the Expert menu option, but with so many settings (a good thing) I did find it a challenge scrolling through the menu options and trying to make changes, and if you are not quick enough, it will escape out of that setting. Man an app here would be nice! Looks like Advanced is gone as an option on the display too which I liked...Anyway, else feeling this or I am just an old guy...

lol... yeah timeouts in looooong menus is always interesting when making video too. You show a setting and start explaining and eventually it kicks you out. There’s a lot of scrolling that gets cut out of the final video. :) An app would definitely be helpful here, agreed!

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It is....guess that kind of proves my point..lol. So how do you get to Advanced (fyi when I first powered my on it first said Expert mode)?
Post automatically merged:

lol... yeah timeouts in looooong menus is always interesting when making video too. You show a setting and start explaining and eventually it kicks you out. There’s a lot of scrolling that gets cut out of the final video. :) An app would definitely be helpful here, agreed!
I cant imagine how trying video settings would be...maybe the time out period could be longer...

Holla

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I feel the pain too---

bhrodeoaz

Lifted and tuned Ram...im not in romania
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
to find advanced..press menu, then the + button ,that will allow you to switch between, hwy, city and advanced
Post automatically merged:

after you press the + button, use the Menu button to select which of the 3 modes you want to use

CTMan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ugh, was just programming my R7, for the first time, a little while ago. I forgot how quick it dumps you out of the menus(have an R3 as well) if there is no clicks. Got annoying till I kept just pressing the + and - buttons to keep it from leaving the settings. I also remembered you can go back wards and scroll through last to first, which made getting to some options a lot easier.

I wish it would remember where you were, when it auto dumps you out of the settings.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you change to advanced mode before entering menu it will bring up advanced options.
Whatever mode you're in when entering menu is what the menu starts out with.
Sometimes I muck it up.
Long press Menu button to start scrolling, then quick press to continue scrolling through the 3 modes while driving.
Quick Menu button press to enter menu, scroll to the highway/city/advanced setting and quick menu tap to scroll through them while in menu.
I keep mixing them up not thinking when I press to change modes, or don't hold it long enough the first time.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972