Waze issues with iPhone

kparton

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with Waze not being able to find a route, or saying that it is unavailable? I tried on Wifi, and off Wifi... I had no issues until I updated to the iOs.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've had a couple of times recently where waze found route but screen had no map on it. One time where it said No Internet which I attribute to the latest IOS update (14.0.1) since a phone restart fixed. But, whats bothering me is if I am forced to us Apple or Google maps and am running Waze in the background I expect Waze to be active in the background. I was in Chicago last week and the R3 alerted to cameras while Waze was silent. When I reached my destination(s) I found Waze was suspended and not running.

Last edited:

dcova

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my Android OS and experienced problems with Waze afterwards. The fix for me was to grant Waze location permission "Allow all the time". Previously my Waze location permission was set to "Allow only while using the app". Your mileage may very due to the difference between iOS and Android. I hope this helps.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972