Not much time to react to this one.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Here is the deal on this one. I been testing out L mode on my v1 g2 just so I know how every mode is. I been running this mode for about 2...3 weeks now with no issues. Detector was set to go from L mode to A mode at 40mph automatically. Well I never hit over 40 mph for long so I was stuck in high filter mode. Anyway I lowered my auto change to A mode to 30mph now after this one. I really believe this was c/o K that the v1 g2 wasnt alerting to due to the high filtering L mode does before alerting plus the cop being on another street didn't help.

There is only 2 cop cars for this city and 1 of them drives around with K band C/O on always. The other car runs no radar it seems. Everytime I get c/o from this specific car it always alerts short then there over right as I pass it. The rest are KA suvs.

I knew it was a 50 50 chance this is the 1 of 2 cars with the K band radar. I was hoping it was the car without the radar unit for the tactic I was about to use. Soon as my headlights hit him I had to think what I was going to do. Not much time to react or think much so I had the choices of

A) nose drive hard which I heard cops can still pull you over you for.

B) tap the brakes to slow to a acceptable speed like a normal person might do going down a hill and hopefully he won't notice me. I was lightly on and off my brakes soon as my headlights reflected off the letters on the cop car.

The front video looks like I'm speeding down the hill with no regards to the obivious cop till I get the alert.

The full rear camera at the end of video you see my brake lights reflecting on signs and cars at times and I'm slowing down gradually before the dip in hill. I was just trying to get down to a acceptable speed than just act like I was just using my brakes to go down the hill like you see a lot of cars doing. It might work.... Who knows???

The camera gps updates slower than the actual speed on this camera it seems so I wasn't actually at 38- 40 mph for that long as the video makes it seems as I probably would've been pulled over.

Last edited:

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you can see the cop and you're over PSL, just drop the anchor. That's what normal people without CM's do so it's not suscpicious. Just do the same thing. The only time that hitting the brakes could get you in trouble is if the cop isn't in sight and your CM's are the only thing warning you in a banned area.

Yeah, turn the automode threshold down. I can't tell you for sure that being in "L" is what caused such a short alert but I know it is possible it will do that against certain guns.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wtf kind of shit ramp up is that 😳. Point blank and RD hesitates. At least no multiple bogeys on K band like it does with Ka band.
Anyways : possibly has something to do with L. Either cop did I/o right then and there (doubt it ) or truly that was bad on the v1s part.
uncertain.
Why do you run big L instead of little L when you’re in K band territory ?

Last edited:

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wtf kind of shit ramp up is that [emoji15]. Point blank and hesitates. At least no multiple bogeys on K band like it does with Ka band.
Anyways : possibly has something to do with L. Either cop did I/o or truly that was bad on the v1s part.
uncertain.
Just testing out the modes and auto change on JBV1. I been fine with this setting and K band for the weeks I been testing. Never thought it would cut my detection this short on K band that wasn't directly being shot at me. I would have to find my other videos but this car drives with K c/o usually. I really believe it was L mode doing it's thing.

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
At that angle, I don’t think he could’ve gotten a reliable speed on you anyway, but I do agree this is C/O. I wouldn’t run L in K band territory, it just hampers it too much, in my opinion.

I agree with @OBeerWANKenobi, just drop the anchor. Cops see it all day long, it’s a natural reaction to many drivers. Since you aren’t in any banned areas, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
At that angle, I don’t think he could’ve gotten a reliable speed on you anyway, but I do agree this is C/O. I wouldn’t run L in K band territory, it just hampers it too much, in my opinion.

I agree with @OBeerWANKenobi, just drop the anchor. Cops see it all day long, it’s a natural reaction to many drivers. Since you aren’t in any banned areas, you shouldn’t have a problem.
Yea I might put it back to little l mode till 25mph now then full A mode after that. I'm going to retire L mode after this encounter as it didn't even alert till I could wave at the cop and he could wave back if he wanted to. I read about L mode cutting the detection range, but didn't think it was this bad.

This was a case of Auto L mode to A being set too high and not fully understanding how much filtering L actually does till it too late while driving over the PSL, but this was more of sisuational awareness before the detector.

Last edited:

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On K band I'd say that's normal

On unfiltered Ka I'd expect a detector to be going crazy from reflections off the building

On K band with a heavily filtered setting it was ignoring those reflections as possible K noise and only alerted when the signal increased

I'd be much more worried about IO up ahead with those settings then a delayed alert turning into your LOS

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the Video ;):)

benzr

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm back to running L because most of the K I face is CO and it I've had better luck than what is shown in this video. The problem with l for me is that it results in too much flashing on the concealed display. That leads to me ignoring it. For me the compromise of paying attention to all alerts works better. At least until one of those alerts proves inadequate! Thank you for posting the video!

cthorne

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
BTW: My trip was several years ago. Red Flex was a popular income stream in some Arizona locations. Just as radar traps were a revenue stream in Texas until a law changed that.

I hope what you said has come to pass, but it definitely was not true when I got my tickets. I called a lot of people & searched the web for info. I was also dismayed to discover that the common belief that if I ignored the tickets they would go away after 60 days was bunk. There is some cooperation among states to yank your license & worse if you ignore. Ignoring the tickets turned out to be a very poor alternative.

I was running my V1 G1 & not a peep from radar that wasn't there.
Was really disappointed in my V1 until I discovered what Red Flex was.

Thank God it hasn't taken hold in Texas!

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For my JBV1 settings, I let it control the Muted Audio and Logics. I have mine set to L when at PSL or Lower, the changes to l- mode, and 30 for Speed Threshold. Here they have Locals with handheld Decatur units that like to play I/O on yeah.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's my config as well.
Big L below PSL (or 40 MPH when PSL isn't known)
and small L above PSL.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That's my config as well.
Big L below PSL (or 40 MPH when PSL isn't known)
and small L above PSL.
My jbv1 was set at 40mph and mine doesn't change with the PSL since majority of areas don't have the speed limit data for me so I'm missing that important jbv1 feature. If I had the time I would help create that data myself.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I remember that being a problem in the areas you drive. :)

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
FYI, I don't remember the brand, but there used to be a radar gun that when using IO in a moving car, had a low power beam aimed down to the road in order to get the patrol car's speed that came on first. Then a half second later, the full front(or rear) beam came on.
So, this gave you an extra half second to react to the IO before the LEO could get your speed. If they weren't moving, then the IO had no warning, just full power instantly.

I don't know if the newer ones still do this or not.

magnnum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I wanted to say that at that angle the cosine error would have been too high to get a reliable speed but if he pulled out 1 second faster it could have been another case.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wtf kind of shit ramp up is that 😳. Point blank and RD hesitates. At least no multiple bogeys on K band like it does with Ka band.
Anyways : possibly has something to do with L. Either cop did I/o right then and there (doubt it ) or truly that was bad on the v1s part.
uncertain.
The ramp up was instant, the reaction may have been slow.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745