Newbie from NZ..

Dokki

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in trouble;;;
I bought DFR7 from US because cheap compare NZ and I thought I can flash nz firmware from this forum!
however it became worse. DFR7 isn't boot up. nothing on LCD after firmware update. I guess it's my bad but please help me.

Here is long story..

My DFR7 isn't boot up anymore.
I bought DFR7 from us and I did firmware update with above files and it was OK no issue at all but after then I did try to update DB but it wasn't update. So I did try many things but after then DFR7 wasn't boot up. even power on, nothing on lcd.
I think the problem was wrong firmware I did upload. I did put firmware from below link then no boot up.

Now I'm unable to do anything! all firmware update s/w doesn't download.
Is there any way to update proper firmware please?

This is for my son's birthday gift but it became useless lol

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bugger, sorry to hear. You could try re-uploading the original US DFR7 firmware but ticking the recovery mode option.
@Mithheru may be able to help.

Dokki

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Bugger, sorry to hear. You could try re-uploading the original US DFR7 firmware but ticking the recovery mode option.
@Mithheru may be able to help.
I did try all version of official firmware but none is working;;; @Mithheru is my last hope lol

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did try all version of official firmware but none is working;;; @Mithheru is my last hope lol
Yup, did you try uploading it with the recovery mode option ticked?

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your new detector. Hopefully one of the Kiwis on the Forum can help get you sorted. Remember to be patient to wait for all the advice that may come your way. It may seem like it is bricked yet only needs the proper thing done to it. Try just any old thing out of desperation can sometimes Brick a unit that wasn't actually Bricked.

Enjoy the Forum!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Here's a pretty much a copy of what I sent in the PM:

I'm really sorry, I made the same mistake when developing the conversion process.

So the installation was correct first time, you then should have used the DFR7NZDBUpdateManagerv1.00 tool to install either the Uniden DB file, or one of my DFR7 NZ database files.

What you actually did was use the NZ firmware update manager, to overwrite the DFR7 NZ firmware you just installed with the very same firmware but written with a different encryption.

So the DFR7NZ blulink firmware is identical to the DFR7NZ firmware you already installed, but was written for a different encryption process for the US origin detectors. Thereby after installation your DFR7 is not recoverable as it cannot now read its own firmware. The US and NZ DFR7s use different encryption on the detector. I rewrote the firmware to be correct for the US DFR7s. However, once you've corrupted the DFR7 with the wrongly encrypted firmware you simply cannot recover it.

Uniden NZ or US will not and cannot help you as the upload tool needs to first talk to the preexisting firmware to install the next update.
Post automatically merged:

I'm really really sorry for the trouble. My instructions are about as clear as I can make them.

The blulink DB files can be installed fine after conversion, but just not the firmware. The DFR7 NZ conversion firmware is the same as the latest DFR7 NZ blulink firmware. There is really no need to touch the firmware. If people do want to convert back to US DFR7 firmware that can be done, but not once the hardware has been corrupted.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
write2tusharr