R7 FW 133.141.113 - New K Filter Discussion

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have seen arrow confusion a few times where I thought it should be front but it alerted like it was a rear shot. I've seen this on both K and Ka with slightly lateral detections.
I've noticed a little bit of arrow confusion/lag with 1.33, but it's not that bad, and not every time. It almost looks like overdrive.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother digging up the thread because I'm on my phone but I posted last year about a jeep that I picked up about a mile away. It doesn't seem to be BSM but some other nanny shit on some Jeeps.

As for BSM with the new R7 FW, I've been running it for a while now and I don't really see any difference at all. If Uniden says that they actually improved the BSM filtering it would be nice for them to tell us what vehicles are quieter because I haven't really noticed anything.

I'm back to Advanced 50%, and 80% rear balance. Rear alerts are still a problem. I really wish they would let us adjust only the K band sensitivity on the rear horn..... I don't really want less sensitivity on Ka band.

I am running into the same issue. I was able to run 60% K band and 80% Rear balance. Now I can't even run 60% K band and 60% Rear Balance. I am seeing more issues now, than I did before with BSMs. This is running with all Filtering on K (TSF/K Filter), as before I was only running K filter with the 60/80 above.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not having any BSM increases, in fact I have yet to have a single Cadillac Escalade, SUV, or Sedan alert me. So that's good because we seem to have many here.
I can't remember any other GM BSM either.

Pacifica was very strong.
Some CX5 come through.
Jeeps too.

Hondas and Acura in the 168 range have been quiet (er)?
So far, with the extra features I'm liking 133 more.

The increase outside the lockout range is annoying though. Might have to delete many and relockout to catch the first few beeps.
Whether it's because foilage is gone or firmware it's still an inconvenience when it was perfect before.
I should revert to 129 on one of my R7s and see if it changes the lockout behaviour back to previous.

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am running into the same issue. I was able to run 60% K band and 80% Rear balance. Now I can't even run 60% K band and 60% Rear Balance. I am seeing more issues now, than I did before with BSMs. This is running with all Filtering on K (TSF/K Filter), as before I was only running K filter with the 60/80 above.

How did you find 60% rear balance on Ka band? I run City with rear at 70%, K notch and K filter on and it's pretty damn good on not alerting much while still giving decent K range. Still get some bsm falses although I think they are usually from the front. Only one town in my regular driving area uses K and there my pickups are about 50% or higher legit in that town. As for Ka at 70% rear that has range has been fine but I rarely have anything coming up from behind even on the interstate. Just haven't tried going lower than that so it would be good to know how it works for you since you probably have a lot of seat time with that setting.

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Jeep has become my nemesis with constant 24.160 and 24.158 BSM punchthroughs. As always, K band came from Satan's anus.

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My settings (socal with very little K-band):
K filter narrow
K notch on
TSF on
K rear mute on
K sensitivity 50%

The arrows still work on K-band, even with K rear mute turned on. As soon as I pass speed signs that aren't locked out, the arrow turns grey and points to rear. Looks like the rear K isn't turned off, just completely muted. If true, no need to set the rear balance and simply turn on the rear K mute.

Last edited:

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My settings (socal with very little K-band):
K filter narrow
K notch on
TSF on
K rear mute on
K sensitivity 50%

The arrows still work on K-band, even with K rear mute turned on. As soon as I pass speed signs that aren't locked out, the arrow turns grey and points to rear. Looks like the rear K isn't turned off, just completely muted. If true, no need to set the rear balance and simply turn on the rear K mute.
Oh, and this is in a Pacifica. Zero alerts from myself.

jws360

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to install 1.33 with a Mac? Drivers downloaded and installed as was installer (Version 1.2). No updates to installer since about 4/2019. Installer program does not read the R7, meaning connection failure. Was able to update to 1/29 previously, but now nothing.

Suggestions or ideas? TIA

Jamienbaker

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to install 1.33 with a Mac? Drivers downloaded and installed as was installer (Version 1.2). No updates to installer since about 4/2019. Installer program does not read the R7, meaning connection failure. Was able to update to 1/29 previously, but now nothing.

Suggestions or ideas? TIA
Can’t help other than to confirm that I succeeded with Mac. So that shouldn’t be the issue. Try a new cable?

Jamienbaker

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was able to update using a Mac until I installed Big Sur. The Mac no longer recognizes the R7 so I just use Windows via Boot Camp now.

Whoa, thankfully just saw this as I was on the verge of updating to Big Sur. NO THANKS! (but thanks to you).

jws360

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can’t help other than to confirm that I succeeded with Mac. So that shouldn’t be the issue. Try a new cable?
Thanks. The problem is with the "Big Sur" OS update. I was able to update the R7 to 1.33 using another Mac we have not yet "upgraded". I have corresponded with Vortex, who tells me he has informed Uniden. Really wish the R7 updated as easily as the new V1 we also have. What a pain in the ass with drivers, multiple files and more. Had to watch Vortex' video a few times to make it work.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Since the update my r7 has been dysfunctional, ill try updating it again today. if not i guess ill have to send it in to uniden for service (aka refurb exchange).

-getting way more side alerts (than normal) when they should be rear (side and rear alerts seem to be confused)

-delayed picking up of constant on ka band (leo out of his car giving a ticket, picked up 34.7 way after visual, again not something ive experienced with any R series)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik