R7 FW 133.141.113 - New K Filter Discussion

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
70% on K band is way too high. Had mine at 50% and recently changed to 40%. The BSM is better, but not great. I am not seeing a huge difference for the better on 133.

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Still not seeing any significant meaningful changes on 133. and BSM seems maybe even a little bit worse at 40% than 129 at 50% with same settings of K wide, TSF on, MRCD on, K Band Filter on. Seems 133 has a lot of new fancy menu items but I am just not seeing (or not hearing) any WOW. Is it just me?

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Still not seeing any significant meaningful changes on 133. and BSM seems maybe even a little bit worse at 40% than 129 at 50% with same settings of K wide, TSF on, MRCD on, K Band Filter on. Seems 133 has a lot of new fancy menu items but I am just not seeing (or not hearing) any WOW. Is it just me?
Interesting, @Vortex do you mind shedding light?

It seems multiple people aren't seeing an improvement? IDK!

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
K band sensitivity seems to have slightly increased. Areas that I have locked out now alert about 100ft sooner and then appear locked out.

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think I’ve actually noticed a slight improvement with this update. Did the update before a road trip on Friday AM and noticed the main street I leave town on that used to have a ton of K alerts from automatic doors etc, was relatively quiet.

I did have to ditch my first rabbit on the trip though due to annoying Escalade k false. So that vehicle still gets through.

I have noticed K alerts behave a little differently now, like I think I’ve seen mentioned here already, but I’m been off the forums for a while so will do some catching up before I start commenting on that.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I’ve actually noticed a slight improvement with this update. Did the update before a road trip on Friday AM and noticed the main street I leave town on that used to have a ton of K alerts from automatic doors etc, was relatively quiet.

I did have to ditch my first rabbit on the trip though due to annoying Escalade k false. So that vehicle still gets through.

I have noticed K alerts behave a little differently now, like I think I’ve seen mentioned here already, but I’m been off the forums for a while so will do some catching up before I start commenting on that.
Escalade, you on K Narrow, Wide or Extended?
K Filter and TSF?

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Escalade, you on K Narrow, Wide or Extended?
K Filter and TSF?
I switched to K extended / 100% with the update as there is lots of Redflex in my area (Calgary). I usually run K at 30% but left at 5am so just set it once for the trip and left it. I could have turned it off once on the highway I guess but I was mostly curious to see it how the update performed. K filter on and TSF off.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I switched to K extended / 100% with the update as there is lots of Redflex in my area (Calgary). I usually run K at 30% but left at 5am so just set it once for the trip and left it. I could have turned it off once on the highway I guess but I was mostly curious to see it how the update performed. K filter on and TSF off.
Does Wide 24.050+ catch your Calgary Redflex (I believe it did when I was there) or do you need all the way down to 23.900?
I find Extended triples up on the falsing amount.
Escalades galore here and I only ever have issues with a few on Wide, and more on Extended.
TSF off is best for Redflex if I remember.
I remember Calagary was K Band hell too, even for the Pro M if set up for Redflex receptions.

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does Wide 24.050+ catch your Calgary Redflex (I believe it did when I was there) or do you need all the way down to 23.900?
I find Extended triples up on the falsing amount.
Escalades galore here and I only ever have issues with a few on Wide, and more on Extended.
TSF off is best for Redflex if I remember.
I remember Calagary was K Band hell too, even for the Pro M if set up for Redflex receptions.
Yea, I’ll switch back to wide for the trip home. It’s useless for highway driving outside the city, plus I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything less than 24.050 coming from the redflex traps and even when you get an alert it’s useless/too late anyway. It’s mostly a ticket alert (like lidar) when it comes to redflex.

I think the Escalades I was picking up were around the 24.085 mark (I forget now).

Still love the R7 for hwy driving though. I can live with the false alerts now that I’ve been using Cm’s for a few years and have learned that the Rd chirping is only part of the game.

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Full-on IO K blast from a BSM offender, Route 80 West. How do you roll back firmware again?

MrMeeseeks

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
After I updated my R7, I went for a ride up 91 from the MA border to Rockingham. I was ready to throw it out the window as it would not stop falsing. Had to turn if off for the rest of the trip. Got home and did a factory reset. Flashed it with an older version (124), did another factory reset. Flashed it again this time from Vortex's link on his site instead of Uniden's, another factory reset and voila problem solved.
Since then I would say the BSM filtering is only marginally quieter at best.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Full-on IO K blast from a BSM offender, Route 80 West. How do you roll back firmware again?
Are you sure it wasn't a RDFer just shooting detector owners for shits and giggles?
Has been known to happen! LOL.
200.gif

Post automatically merged:

On an serious note:.
I'm trying out the R3 the last few days with 1.54 firmware.
It has on several occasions exhibited the same behavior as the R7, of giving 2 quick beeps just before entering a previous lockout zone.
Perhaps it's the changing of season, foliage and temperatures that's causing detectors to pick up a few meters farther than when originally locked out during the summer.
:hmm:

Last edited:

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yea, I’ll switch back to wide for the trip home. It’s useless for highway driving outside the city, plus I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything less than 24.050 coming from the redflex traps and even when you get an alert it’s useless/too late anyway. It’s mostly a ticket alert (like lidar) when it comes to redflex.

I think the Escalades I was picking up were around the 24.085 mark (I forget now).

Still love the R7 for hwy driving though. I can live with the false alerts now that I’ve been using Cm’s for a few years and have learned that the Rd chirping is only part of the game.
We get plenty of Redflex here in my part of NZ, and some of us run our detectors vertically mounted to get slightly better range, because of the low power K band polarisation (horizontal vs Vertical)
Im also running custom firmware and have segged K band to only scan and alert from 23.950 - 20.50Khz, so cut out all other K band and thereby cuts out most false alerts.
have a look at my real world encounter and discussion - https://www.rdforum.org/threads/104187/

Fixxxer0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i know its anecdotal, but even with K band at 30% on the new FW it is way too chatty. the previous version was tolerable but needed improvement, this seems like a step in the wrong direction. i had to turn k band off now since its falsing so often (in nyc so not a real risk).

hope i remember to turn it back on when i head upstate though.

Jamienbaker

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i know its anecdotal, but even with K band at 30% on the new FW it is way too chatty. the previous version was tolerable but needed improvement, this seems like a step in the wrong direction. i had to turn k band off now since its falsing so often (in nyc so not a real risk).

hope i remember to turn it back on when i head upstate though.

Well, you hopefully will have plenty of time to remember. I don’t run K until I get north of Newburgh, and even then only when I’m off the Thruways/Parkways. Though I did have an unexpected K “save” on the Taconic...it was a local sheriff attending an accident.

Good luck up north, but I bet it’s not K that you have to be worried about.

Jamie

CTMan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well, you hopefully will have plenty of time to remember. I don’t run K until I get north of Newburgh, and even then only when I’m off the Thruways/Parkways. Though I did have an unexpected K “save” on the Taconic...it was a local sheriff attending an accident.

Good luck up north, but I bet it’s not K that you have to be worried about.

Jamie

If you ever venture over to CT, some local towns like to use K or a mix of K/Ka. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything but Ka and Laser from state cops though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was out on the highway today.
R7 133 Highway mode.
K Filter and TSF on
K Extended
Quiet [email protected] 50 kph
I was travelling at 105 kph, a car on opposite side of the 4 lane caused display to light up 24.168.
However there was no beep, display showed up to 4 bars, and displayed the little green MUTED alert. No grey out, full color.

So 133 muted a 24.168 BSM where on 129 it would have alerted with sound.
I've never seen this before.
Definitely a different behaviour.

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Intermediate User
Reaction score
R7 133 Highway mode.
K Filter and TSF on
K Extended
I was travelling at 105 kph, a car on opposite side of the 4 lane caused display to light up 24.168.
However there was no beep, display showed up to 4 bars, and displayed the little green MUTED alert. No grey out, full color.

I think I saw that today! I thought I was going crazy or so, but after reading your post, I believe it was real.

Only have had about 200 miles of driving in the USA so far with the v1.33, but it really seems that the K filter is doing a better job. So far, I have mostly seen 24.16x BSM offenders, but definitely not full blast (as it was with 1.29)...

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
R7 133 Highway mode.
K Filter and TSF on
K Extended

Do you have Rear Mute enabled? I have seen arrow confusion a few times where I thought it should be front but it alerted like it was a rear shot. I've seen this on both K and Ka with slightly lateral detections.

Rear mute will totally light the screen like that but no sound.

I am not accusing you of being wrong, you obviously experienced what you did, I am just looking for the reason. I have never seen any kind of different muting of the common .160-168, or .200ish offenders, infact I think it's possibly worse at the same settings for me. I have seen the rear mute multiple times though.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you have Rear Mute enabled? I have seen arrow confusion a few times where I thought it should be front but it alerted like it was a rear shot. I've seen this on both K and Ka with slightly lateral detections.

Rear mute will totally light the screen like that but no sound.

I am not accusing you of being wrong, you obviously experienced what you did, I am just looking for the reason. I have never seen any kind of different muting of the common .160-168, or .200ish offenders, infact I think it's possibly worse at the same settings for me. I have seen the rear mute multiple times though.
Yes, K rear Mute was on. I totally forgot that I was trying out that new feature.
Good catch, and that did happen.
However, I watched the car approach and the detector lit up 1, 2, 3 bars before getting beside me, then 4 bars as arrows transitioned to rear and faded out in 5-6 seconds. (latch time)
I only noted the MUTE green alert when I was at 4 bars and arrows had switched, so that explains that part of it.
I was in a LEO rich environment actively search for a trap, which was found two minutes down the road.
So eyes were on the detector very intensely.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik