R7 FW 133.141.113 - New K Filter Discussion

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have K at 50%, K narrow, K filter on, K Notch on, TSF on and no changes implemted on front/rear balance. The driving environment is northern NJ which is replete with all makes and models of BSM offenders.

If K band is that bad where you drive, perhaps consider City mode with rear K mute and a higher quiet ride speed? There are enough K band options on the R7 to get it to a "liveable" state. That being said, as always, K band came from Satan's anus.

Something tells me you dont face K very often or face difficult K detections

With TSF enabled on K narrow even at 100%
I find the R series pleasingly quiet
TSF is not an option right now and I also dont have a rear antenna

I also felt reducing percentage range was never a substitute for filtering
Post automatically merged:

On the topic of this filter. I've been running highway mode to start with to get an idea of where everything is at and I can pick up certain BSM's so far away that I haven't been able to figure out what all of them are yet. Main offenders are Pacificas and Jeeps it seems. Eat me Chrysler! I'm getting a lot of false in the region of 24.184 to 24.189. I was getting, I think 24.186 from the rear yesterday and there was a car way behind me. As I slowed down in anticipation of a left turn the car caught up and the R7 ramped up. It turned out to be a Toyota?!

Anyway, I'm going to drop the sensitivity back to 50%, where I was running it previous to the update and see if it has improved there from what I remember.

Toyota only uses 77ghz bsms unless that's changed as well

Last edited:

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Something tells me you dont face K very often or face difficult K detections

With TSF enabled on K narrow even at 100%
I find the R series pleasingly quiet
TSF is not an option right now and I also dont have a rear antenna

I also felt reducing percentage range was never a substitute for filtering
Post automatically merged:

Toyota only uses 77ghz bsms unless that's changed as well
They cause MRCT falses on the Pro M, so I think there's K involved?

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Updated. Not really noticing any difference in K band BSM falses, but also getting the quick alert before driving into some lock outs. Wiping them and starting over I guess.

Shortened gps points?

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
They cause MRCT falses on the Pro M, so I think there's K involved?

Yes Toyotas cause mrct falses because I assume the bsms are modulated

The 77ghz spectrum is W band radar overlapping M band radar designation

77ghz systems are more advanced in every way compared to K band

Accuracy range resolution etc

@Jon at Radenso
What do you say causes mrct falses from 77 ghz?

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well if Cadillac and GM BSMs are reduced I'll be thrilled. We're truck and SUV heavy here, Escalades far to frequent. Each new firmware version the Cadillacs have been getting quieter and quieter.
Forward facing collision avoidance or adaptive cruise control is horrid on some Escalades. Rear BSMs on the sedans.
If they can eliminate those I imagine most GMs will be quieter.
Looking forward to some road time this weekend to give it a try.
👍
@DC Fluid

I have to ask ... How do i setup the ALF I have the NRDSP and haven't determined how it is setup ... yet. And if poss, post some setts as well. 😎😎

Thx

And back on Topic I REEEEEEALLY LIKE my K Block and the BSM Filters on my R7 😎😎

Still chatty, but livable and recently SAVED me on K Band 24.137. 👍👍👀👀

Benzr

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

@Jon at Radenso

Some toyotas definitely use K band BSMs, they are not exclusively 77ghz.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some toyotas definitely use K band BSMs, they are not exclusively 77ghz.
Any in the 24.18X frequency range? I mean, I was looking all around me and there was only one car behind me. I was getting the alert for a half a mile and it increased in strength as the car approached from behind.

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

@Jon at Radenso
The falses are from K, not W sadly.

I see the same thing from Subies and Mitsubishi's, some not all of course!

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can you clarify what or who you're responding to? I'm having a very hard time following what you're talking about.

I was at Philbert... darn TT app didn't include the reply too. Corrected.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid

I have to ask ... How do i setup the ALF I have the NRDSP and haven't determined how it is setup ... yet. And if poss, post some setts as well. 😎😎

Thx

And back on Topic I REEEEEEALLY LIKE my K Block and the BSM Filters on my R7 😎😎

Still chatty, but livable and recently SAVED me on K Band 24.137. 👍👍👀👀

Benzr
You would like my ALP settings?
R7 too?
I can send a PM if you desire.

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Pretty sure that R7 in city mode has better K band range in testing results I have seen when compared to the rl360c in auto mode. R7 in city mode is also nipping at the heels of K band range on the m360c in highway mode. So I feel completely comfortable running the r7 in city mode all the time.
That's what I do city mode all the time

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
HI DC Fluid, As a fellow BC boy who is getting an R7 Soon (back ordered), I'd love to use your real world tested settings as my jumping off point ;}
Lots of Vancouver based members here that will have valuable input as well.
These settings have been outstanding in my travels all through BC, Alberta and North West USA.

Rear Balance 80%
K & KA POP off
K Filter ON, Ka Filter Off
TSF ON (Off when facing MRCD areas like AB)
K Block On
K Advanced setting 40% (Most used setting) Highway for areas low in false signals or the open road, City in your most congested downtown areas.
K Narrow (K wide when in Redflex areas like Calgary)
Quiet Ride 50 kph (adjust to your prefference, usually your most common PSL roads you drive)
Ka Segmentation 2,4,5,6,8 On
MRCD Off unless facing MRCD/CT/Gatso areas like Edmonton
Mute Memory X/K only
All Threat On
Colours is personal based on preference....
Tones are your preference, but choose one for Ka & Laser that puckers your ahole.
Rear K Mute I'm trying it On, personal prefference, I'm okay with On so far.
RLC Quiet Ride 90 KPH
Voice and Ka Frequency voice On
X Band Off
Dark Mode set to Dimmer
Auto Dim set to dimmer
MRCD Quiet Ride set to off, if in an area heavy with MRCD speed cams at intersections, I would have it on.
Self Test Off
Memory Quota I set maximum to Mute Mem, minimum towards user locations

Great read here on the new firmware.

See these videos on how to do lockouts properly for best effect. Uniden does it different.
Many other hints for new R7 owners too.

For best enjoyment, use your Lockouts, Quiet Ride, H/C/A modes, K filter, TSF, Rear Mute, K Block, Rear Horn Sensitivity, for maximum effect. You can dial back the K controls as you discover your tolerance for K junk signals present on your drive.
Get those mall and store door openers locked out, usually drive around on a higher sensitivity like Hwy Mode for your first commutes, finding those permanent signals and lock them out like in the video. Double tap Mute button at first reception.
Enjoy your great new detector!

jcp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Lots of Vancouver based members here that will have valuable input as well.
These settings have been outstanding in my travels all through BC, Alberta and North West USA.

Rear Balance 80%
K & KA POP off
K Filter ON, Ka Filter Off
TSF ON (Off when facing MRCD areas like AB)
K Block On
K Advanced setting 40% (Most used setting) Highway for areas low in false signals or the open road, City in your most congested downtown areas.
K Narrow (K wide when in Redflex areas like Calgary)
Quiet Ride 50 kph (adjust to your prefference, usually your most common PSL roads you drive)
Ka Segmentation 2,4,5,6,8 On
MRCD Off unless facing MRCD/CT/Gatso areas like Edmonton
Mute Memory X/K only
All Threat On
Colours is personal based on preference....
Tones are your preference, but choose one for Ka & Laser that puckers your ahole.
Rear K Mute I'm trying it On, personal prefference, I'm okay with On so far.
RLC Quiet Ride 90 KPH
Voice and Ka Frequency voice On
X Band Off
Dark Mode set to Dimmer
Auto Dim set to dimmer
MRCD Quiet Ride set to off, if in an area heavy with MRCD speed cams at intersections, I would have it on.
Self Test Off
Memory Quota I set maximum to Mute Mem, minimum towards user locations

Great read here on the new firmware.

See these videos on how to do lockouts properly for best effect. Uniden does it different.
Many other hints for new R7 owners too.

For best enjoyment, use your Lockouts, Quiet Ride, H/C/A modes, K filter, TSF, Rear Mute, K Block, Rear Horn Sensitivity, for maximum effect. You can dial back the K controls as you discover your tolerance for K junk signals present on your drive.
Get those mall and store door openers locked out, usually drive around on a higher sensitivity like Hwy Mode for your first commutes, finding those permanent signals and lock them out like in the video. Double tap Mute button at first reception.
Enjoy your great new detector!
Thank You so much for the detailed write up. You are an internet hero :) Also, my R7 will come with the beta FW v1.34 (Auto lock outs) :)
John

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I drove about 60 miles away to visit some family today. It was mostly Highway driving but the roads were packed so it was a great opportunity to test the BSM behavior on 1.33. I had my family with me so I kept it on Advanced @40% with all K filters on rather that trying Highway.

I had 3 BSM falses total on the 120 mile round trip drive. The first was a new Cadillac Escalade at 24.173. I passed 3 other Escalades on the trip and it was silent for those encounters. I could see the heartbeat filtering and verified the BSM light on their mirrors.

I also had a false from what I assume was a Mazda. I didn’t see where it was in traffic as I was changing lanes at a merge point but it was 24.123 which is typically Mazda. I passed about 5 other CX-5/9s on the trip and it was silent with the stuttering heartbeat.

Finally a Honda Pilot punched through at 24.167 but again this was the exception as I passed probably 30 Honda/Acura’s throughout the trip and the R7 was silent.

Overall I’m super impressed with the filtering improvements I’ve seen. It was silent around the 5-6 Jeep Cherokee’s too which is different than my experience on 1.29. I can’t wait to get more miles with 1.33 to see how these observations hold up, but for my first Highway trip it is working great!

Edit: I should also mention only the first Cadillac has a continuous alert. The others alerted and then faded away.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had a new Chrysler Pacifica BSM me today fairly strong on ADV K 40%, K filter and TSF on.
I was following behind and in the lane left of it.
When directly behind the Pacifica puts out 24.160, when beside the rear quarter and passing it switches to 24.168. Probably two different sender's. Have seen this many times.
When behind and the Pacifica stops, it quits transmitting.
As soon as it starts forward again it resumes K puking.
Thank goodness for Quiet Ride in traffic, keeps a lot of the close quarters garbage minimum.

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I installed the new firmware and definitely saw increased K band range. I am just running on City though, so it is possible that only City sensitivity was changed (either purposefully or not).

As others noted, some (not all) manual lockouts that I have had for a while now had an audible non-locked-out warning slightly before the normal lockout spot. I also noticed a couple consistent falses seen in areas which I travel regularly, and they required new lockouts - presumably these were below the City threshold before.

I haven't driven around enough to comment on BSMs. With City on, I don't have too much of a problem with those anyway.

Electro

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My observations with my new R7 running 133 with V’s settings on Highway, newer Escalade double tap then silent, older Escalades continuous noise. Pacificas seem to alert at longer distance than my R1.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
My observations with my new R7 running 133 with V’s settings on Highway, newer Escalade double tap then silent, older Escalades continuous noise. Pacificas seem to alert at longer distance than my R1.
What are your K settings.
Older Escalades have really been shut down for me on 129 and 133.
Running K Narrow and filters all on.

fitz4321

Running With Scissors
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t get in the K band threads too often as it’s not a real threat for me. (Edit: I run K mostly for sport and to see if any K threats pop up in my area).
I run K Narrow, K filter on, TSF on, K block on, Quiet ride 90, city mode, and now Rear K mute.
Being that my settings are extremely neutered, it was already pretty darn quiet. The new firmware is more quiet from my observations. I never got rear K falses with my settings before the new firmware, so I don’t think the rear K mute was a factor. I also have run into a few lockouts that I had to lock out again though. I’m not sure what caused that behavior, but whatever...
That is all.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoe