R7 FW 133.141.113 - New K Filter Discussion

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would really like to test the laser detection on the R7 in 133.

But I do not have a XLR or Dragon eye.

I am excited about this change.

Why you may ask? because on the bike it is hard to see the red flashing light of the jammers (TPX) having it alert to my helmet would give me time to slow down before JTK quicker.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would really like to test the laser detection on the R7 in 133.

But I do not have a XLR or Dragon eye.

I am excited about this change.

Why you may ask? because on the bike it is hard to see the red flashing light of the jammers (TPX) having it alert to my helmet would give me time to slow down before JTK quicker.
Well I can attest to the R7 alerting to RCMP laser.
They shoot right at the headlight area, my detector sits 6" above it.
No idea what gun used though as no jammers on the bike.
The ALP tester will alert 129 R7 to all but one of the 9 simulated guns, one of the DE variants.
I should give the 133 a run through the options to see if any changes.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well I can attest to the R7 alerting to RCMP laser.
They shoot right at the headlight area, my detector sits 6" above it.
No idea what gun used though as no jammers on the bike.
The ALP tester will alert 129 R7 to all but one of the 9 simulated guns, one of the DE variants.
I should give the 133 a run through the options to see if any changes.
Remember that the ALP tester may not be on jammer mode . no way to verify this really but i really doubt that a device the size of a remote control can send anti jamming VPR .

The reason this was fixed is because @riseboi and I ran some laser tests with the APX jammers and the R7, and the R7 did not alert to any VPR gun, i believe this was in 129. and reported the results here and I assume uniden reads these forums, also I think Vorex passed it along to Uniden.

although on a subsequent test it did alert to the XLR 1 out of 3 in VPR mode.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Caved today and updated about 10 mins ago. Had some weird failed update issues. Installed the updater and firmware on a laptop and it worked ehhh... Just glad my r7 isn't bricked!

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
This has happened enough times to be posted: the R7 is picking up locked out stationary K band falses from what appears (emphasis added) to be a greater distance. The detector alerts as if the stationary signal is not locked out and then it grays out and goes silent when closer to the source. As before, the only setting change I implemented for 133 was rear K band mute. I don't know if this simply means that Uniden shrank the lockout radius or if the firmware update somehow made the detector more sensitive (doubtful).

BSM falses continue as two quick beeps/bars and then they fade out. Liking 133 so far.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This has happened enough times to be posted: the R7 is picking up locked out stationary K band falses from what appears (emphasis added) to be a greater distance. The detector alerts as if the stationary signal is not locked out and then it grays out and goes silent when closer to the source. As before, the only setting change I implemented for 133 was rear K band mute. I don't know if this simply means that Uniden shrank the lockout radius or if the firmware update somehow made the detector more sensitive (doubtful).

BSM falses continue as two quick beeps/bars and then they fade out. Liking 133 so far.
I noticed this as well. Stationary sources that didn’t reach the road previously on 1.29 are now getting picked up with the same settings in 1.33.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have found the same, about 2 beeps earlier than previous lockouts, however I've been using highway mode more and some of those may have been advanced K lockouts.
Also temperature and foilage has dramatically changed here so the summer time signals may now be reaching further.
The snow is currently falling here.

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I noticed this as well. Stationary sources that didn’t reach the road previously on 1.29 are now getting picked up with the same settings in 1.33.
Trying to understand how this can happen. A frequency and a lat and lon are screened and the radius should be big enough to cushion minor changes in signal strength.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I am not seeing this 2 beep and fade out... If you meet a offending vehicle going the other direction then this is likely as they pass by, nothing new here. If you are behind a BSM they will continue to beep because the signal is constantly in front of you, no magical muting as mentioned on this thread.

With my travels this weekend I have not seen any difference in BSM reaction from 133 over 129 with exact same settings. Now , if you add in the rear mute and etc. then yes, but that is not a true BSM upgrade if you ask me.

As the vegetation fades because of Fall I am seeing some longer alerts that are alerting before lockouts kick in, have seen this with lockouts on NR, R3, and R7 before R7 upgrade.

I have not been using the K block but that's not been the issue, its the .160-.168 that's unbearable. This weekend on a trip to and in Saginaw Michigan (city-ish) K falses were all over the place in frequency (133), not saying they were worse than they would have been on 129 because obviously it is impossible to tell, but OMG... K falses are getting crazy if you're in heavy traffic!

I typically run K at 70, rear at 60, K filter On and TSR On, K wide and now Extended, however I did have TSR Off this weekend. I am going to run TSR On to see if it helps. There is not a true explanation of what exactly TSR does on Unidens (I know what it's supposed to be designed for but there's no explanation of how it works).

oversteer325

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Trying to understand how this can happen. A frequency and a lat and lon are screened and the radius should be big enough to cushion minor changes in signal strength.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I’m seeing additional signals that weren’t previously locked out because I didn’t pick them up from the road on 1.29.

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
I am not seeing this 2 beep and fade out... If you meet a offending vehicle going the other direction then this is likely as they pass by, nothing new here. If you are behind a BSM they will continue to beep because the signal is constantly in front of you, no magical muting as mentioned on this thread.

With my travels this weekend I have not seen any difference in BSM reaction from 133 over 129 with exact same settings. Now , if you add in the rear mute and etc. then yes, but that is not a true BSM upgrade if you ask me.

As the vegetation fades because of Fall I am seeing some longer alerts that are alerting before lockouts kick in, have seen this with lockouts on NR, R3, and R7 before R7 upgrade.

I have not been using the K block but that's not been the issue, its the .160-.168 that's unbearable. This weekend on a trip to and in Saginaw Michigan (city-ish) K falses were all over the place in frequency (133), not saying they were worse than they would have been on 129 because obviously it is impossible to tell, but OMG... K falses are getting crazy if you're in heavy traffic!

I typically run K at 70, rear at 60, K filter On and TSR On, K wide and now Extended, however I did have TSR Off this weekend. I am going to run TSR On to see if it helps. There is not a true explanation of what exactly TSR does on Unidens (I know what it's supposed to be designed for but there's no explanation of how it works).
I have K at 50%, K narrow, K filter on, K Notch on, TSF on and no changes implemted on front/rear balance. The driving environment is northern NJ which is replete with all makes and models of BSM offenders.

If K band is that bad where you drive, perhaps consider City mode with rear K mute and a higher quiet ride speed? There are enough K band options on the R7 to get it to a "liveable" state. That being said, as always, K band came from Satan's anus.

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Pretty sure that R7 in city mode has better K band range in testing results I have seen when compared to the rl360c in auto mode. R7 in city mode is also nipping at the heels of K band range on the m360c in highway mode. So I feel completely comfortable running the r7 in city mode all the time.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I'm also seeing this. Because our K threats are all low powered mobile redflex, and the max range we're getting on these previously is up to 600m max, I need K band on full sensitivity.

What I'm seeing driving around town is a lot more lock outs needed. I get the impression its separating modulated signals into separate frequencies where each now one needs a separate lock out. Previous versions definitely did a better job of manually locking these out.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm also picking up more K band now from stationaries. Rather than get quieter or stay the same it got noisier. TSF on, K narrow, K at 60%, Rear K off.

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Mine did the same thing on a previous FW. I was getting close to a stationary locked out speed sign and the unit gave me a quick two beep alert then fades out the locked out signal. Oddly only from one direction..

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Early on I noticed the increase in range. Locked out door openers on K and X (yes, I have it turned on) got a boost. It's not the lockout range that is at fault, but just an increase in performance. And the latest tests done by @VariableWave are also showing a boost on Ka. So far, I'm loving this 133 release. IO detection testing @DC Fluid did shows it's dependable there. That's super important. And I really like the R7 ramp-up. Everything considered, I can depend on this device.

Phil

oversteer325

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I didn’t see it either on my first drive. I reapplied the update and reset again and it started working. It couldn’t hurt to try reinstalling to see it your results change.

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
And the latest tests done by @VariableWave are also showing a boost on Ka.

Interesting you mention this.....I didn't say anything about it as a number of extended-range Ka encounters were chalked up to extraneous factors such as low humidity, lack of traffic, chance etc. One scenario that has repeated several times is detailed below.

133.jpg

davidc502

Avoiding Speeding Tickets
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've run 300 miles on the new firmware.. I can't say there is marked improvement in filtering. Which is fine as I didn't really expect it.

Fixxxer0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I didn’t see it either on my first drive. I reapplied the update and reset again and it started working. It couldn’t hurt to try reinstalling to see it your results change.
IIRC, the 2 beep only works if you are using the factory default tone for k band alert.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex