TXCTG - V1G2 v R7 v Ka 34.7, 35.5 and 33.8 off-axis and through foliage 10-11-2020

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
No, I think it's possible that it would show the lack of separation. If it alerts in relatively the same place then there may be a course issue. Conversely, if it alerts at a shorter distance and does show separation, then the course is more useful.
Yeah, that's what I meant but couldn't type. LOL 🤣
Post automatically merged:

When I go out with a half dozen detectors it's so hard to find a course that doesn't impact reception at some point for a least a couple of them.
Flat ground is a great start and then add attenuation from there.
Damn hilly ground is a pain....

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you record serial numbers in case they spank @Kennyc56 detectors?
There may be a shipping mishap.
Just sayin'.... 🤣
I took pictures of the serial number tags just in case...;)...lol

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
LMAO! I've got all my serial numbers as well! I bet all of the V1G2's are very close, the R7's I'm not so sure about. Just in case however, anybody ever performed a sticker transplant from V1 to V1?!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!:megashifty:

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
LMAO! I've got all my serial numbers as well! I bet all of the V1G2's are very close, the R7's I'm not so sure about. Just in case however, anybody ever performed a sticker transplant from V1 to V1?!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!
I suspect if anyone wants to transplant V1G2 stickers, it will be me...now the R7 sticker, I might have to worry about...lol. But we will see. Looking forward to your testing and results.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Should of glued in the cases... I know how to interchange parts :cawg:
So do I! Who said anything about returning anything? LMAO! ;) We're going to have to use a very tough course to get some separation between the R7's and V1G2's. I don't understand why both of our V1G2's kick the hell out of your R7 no matter where or how we test them, yet Brian's tests are too close to call. Either we have 2 monster V1G2's or your R7 is a little on the cold side. I can't wait to find out! Watching your V1G2 spank your R7 is what made me buy my V1G2! I was pulling for the R7! That R7 is a beast as well however!

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So do I! Who said anything about returning anything? LMAO! ;) We're going to have to use a very tough course to get some separation between the R7's and V1G2's. I don't understand why both of our V1G2's kick the hell out of your R7 no matter where or how we test them, yet Brian's tests are too close to call. Either we have 2 monster V1G2's or your R7 is a little on the cold side. I can't wait to find out! Watching your V1G2 spank your R7 is what made me buy my V1G2! I was pulling for the R7! That R7 is a beast as well however!
Or the simple answer may be user error....
@VariableWave you got all the R7 settings at 100%?
Nobody punked you and set your Ka down to 90% when you weren't looking by chance?
200.gif

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nobody punked you and set your Ka down to 90% when you weren't looking by chance?
View attachment 161852
That's the funniest thing you've said yet! Tha answer is HELL NO! I've run his R7 several times and it's always set to 100% with the least amount of filtering possible and only on K band! Ka band is always wide open with no filtering at all, and I almost always am the one driving the car with the detectors while @VariableWave is in the radar car and I always make sure about the settings so that I can assure you ain't it! I also tested another forum members R7 that he thought was having arrow issues for almost a month and it worked perfect for me with no issues. The range was identicle to @VariableWave 's R7 and it saved my @ss several times against all kinds of I/O and off axis 35.5 before I sent it back to him. That one couldn't have touched our V1G2's either, at least on 34.7 and 35.5, especially on off axis shots. They both had a far better I/O ramp however and also were better by far against K band even when filtered. Of course they never shut the hell up either!

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's the funniest thing you've said yet! Tha answer is HELL NO! I've run his R7 several times and it's always set to 100% with the least amount of filtering possible and only on K band! Ka band is always wide open with no filtering at all, and I almost always am the one driving the car with the detectors while @VariableWave is in the radar car and I always make sure about the settings so that I can assure you ain't it! I also tested another forum members R7 that he thought was having arrow issues for almost a month and it worked perfect for me with no issues. The range was identicle to @VariableWave 's R7 and it saved my @ss several times against all kinds of I/O and off axis 35.5 before I sent it back to him. That one couldn't have touched our V1G2's either, at least on 34.7 and 35.5, especially on off axis shots. They both had a far better I/O ramp however and also were better by far against K band even when filtered. Of course they never shut the hell up either!
:wink:

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
View attachment 161852
Haha... Last test we did, when it came to Ka band (All Freqs), we both where in the vehicle and ran through all the settings. When K band was done before Ka, I found that I had the rear balance set low but all on Highway..so fixed that. We never did Advance Mode on the R7, only R3 when we did the Low/Mid testing and lowered the sensitivity to compare to the Uniden DFR9.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I suspect if anyone wants to transplant V1G2 stickers, it will be me...now the R7 sticker, I might have to worry about...lol. But we will see. Looking forward to your testing and results.
I am to! @Kennyc56 please make a new thread on the testing and results so I do not miss it.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well finally, Uniden released 1.33fw 10/13. Looks like @Kennyc56 and myself are doing an extra set of testing on the R7 and see if any change from Last test to this test coming.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fliegenfischen