Southern Ohio Testing Group - Fall 2020 Event - Results!

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

gwing

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
More thoughts on the sign have been rattling around in my brain. So what if the sign is really reflecting signals back to the sensors and confusing them. It would seem that there are plenty of reflective objects on the road, including the cars in front of and behind you. Understanding that when the beam is 590 ft long, the beam pattern is 1.5 ft (assuming a 2.5mrad beam), and knowing that the vehicle was properly targeted by the shooter, why wouldn't the same interference occur with a vehicle's rear license plate (a highly reflective surface) assuming they were within range of the beam and close enough to your front sensors?

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
I will ask if it is OK for us to post what is actually happening without this Thread being elevated. The sign in and of itself is not the issue, is not a problem, but is a "Symptom". This "Symptom" has been identified and verified though testing and a solution for its cause is being worked on.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I will ask if it is OK for us to post what is actually happening without this Thread being elevated. The sign in and of itself is not the issue, is not a problem, but is a "Symptom". This "Symptom" has been identified and verified though testing and a solution for its cause is being worked on.
Well I sure would like to know, even though I didn't have that issue with my TMG.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Well I sure would like to know, even though I didn't have that issue with my TMG.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Again, it is NOT an issue, it is a Symptom and is being resolved. And if one doesn't drive against the Fire Breather the Symptom can't even appear.

astronuts

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Repeatedly saying symptom sounds really silly. Based on the definition the PTs are a sign (symptom) of the underlying problem. I’d take a guess that the strong reflection from the road signs is causing the RX heads to lose sync to the DEC.

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Repeatedly saying symptom sounds really silly. Based on the definition the PTs are a sign (symptom) of the underlying problem. I’d take a guess that the strong reflection from the road signs is causing the RX heads to lose sync to the DEC.
Yep hard to acuraretly measure pulse timing of the gun when you're reading your own reflected pulses in concert with gun pulses. ALP may think it's seeing a new pulse pattern and then adjusts it's output pulses accordingly, yielding PT. How do you filter/reject reflected pulses though?

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Of that of which you do not know. :bump::sweep::sweep:

A little birdie told me it is being worked on.

SIGN=NOPE

Is all i can say. Transporter is correct.

If someone pushes a cure for the symptom ....
YA NEVER cure the issue. .... duh.

:wink:

Benzr

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972