V1G2 Auto Off?

tjl5709

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Does this have an auto-off feature?

I have the unit hotwired to my car and truck. In the truck, the hot wire is always hot.

When I shut the truck off I sometimes leave the unit attached. (go into store......)

When I return, it is sometimes shutdown? I then have to unplug and wait a few minutes for it to turn back on.

I have had no issues with it shutting down while driving. Only when I turn the truck off and it remains on while parked.

The unit is new within the last 6 weeks and has the latest FW. I have read they had a shutdown issue early on.

Could it be sensing low voltage?

Just trying to understand what might be going on. Thanks for any insights.

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Your vehicle doesn't auto shutdown all systems after 30 mins or so? Mine does, some sort of battery protection
He used a always hot fuse on his radar detector install in the fuse box. He'll have to switch it to the one that shuts off after "x" minutes or off at key off.

Last edited:

mpatel1080

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You should wire it to a fuse or wire that is not constant on. If you are tapping into wire, usually the cigarette lighter wire is the best bet. If you are tapping into fuse it is best to tap into a non-essential system that turns off when the vehicle is turned off

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745