What type of GPS location permission to use?

poogle

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi,

Would it be ok to give location permission only when the app is in use (as a battery drain prevention)?
In case if I want to use it together with gmaps or waze.

Thanks!

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hi, at this point the application only works with the background location access. However, it only accesses your location while the service is running. If the application is stopped, the location is never accessed.

poogle

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, at this point the application only works with the background location access. However, it only accesses your location while the service is running. If the application is stopped, the location is never accessed.
So I better chose the "Allow all the time permission"?

poogle

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes, otherwise the app won't even start.
Thank you!

And huge thank you for such a great app. Just heard about it from Vortex's trip video. Hopefully will test it out soon on my trip. Amazing job!

(I think I found a bug with PIP on my Google Pixel. It is really slow when I come back to the normal fullscreen mode from PIP. It distorts icons but after a bit resizes them to a normal ratio).

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Thank you!

And huge thank you for such a great app. Just heard about it from Vortex's trip video. Hopefully will test it out soon on my trip. Amazing job!

(I think I found a bug with PIP on my Google Pixel. It is really slow when I come back to the normal fullscreen mode from PIP. It distorts icons but after a bit resizes them to a normal ratio).
Thanks for the kind words!
Regarding the bug, I'm having the same experience on my Pixel. I'm investigating it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
write2tusharr