R3 v1.53 MRCD setting.

OldtimeRadar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So, I have been testing MRCD 'on' vs 'off' on the R3 with firmware v. 1.53.

I see a lot of comparisons of Ka distance with MRCD enabled vs. disabled. The longer scan and processing power needed for MRCD probably slows down scanning on all bands, but MRCD is a K-band signal. I would expect that the K-band scan is slower, and my crude testing shows K-band is less sensitive with MRCD enabled.

Does anyone have a link to the R3 testing looking at K-band with MRCD on vs off?

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What are you testing it against? How are you getting your results?
What settings are you using.
Are you “Signal Priority” or Ka Priority”

FW 1.53 isn’t that great for MRCD or MRCT detection.
If you need either or... your better off on any other earlier FW than 1.53

OldtimeRadar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was just testing for a loss in K-band sensitivity (with MRCD 'ON') against a low-powered K-band speed sign (so, C/O) on a long straight section of road that I know where it normally starts the alert.

Settings:
Ka-priority
Ka-filter OFF
Ka-pop OFF
Ka-wide (running no segmentation in NY)
K-filter ON
K-block OFF
K-wide
K-pop OFF
TMF OFF

I don't see MRCD/T unless I am in NYC. I was just trying to establish what the loss in sensitivity on K-band was by leaving MRCD 'enabled'. I first noticed a lot of the weaker door opener falses on my commute are no longer alerting after I enabled MRCD (I changed no other settings) and I got nervous. I also upgraded to 1.53 at about the same time. (The local sheriff runs Stalker Patrol, low-power K-band, so I need the K-band sensitivity to be good.

I haven't tried v. 1.53 against a legitimate MRCD/T camera on this firmware version yet. What is the best F/W for MRCD/MRCT?

Reactions: skd

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Go into the Uniden section of the forum and do a search by entering
R3 + MRCD
You’ll find everyone’s opinion.
“The Great thing about Opinions is Everyone has One”

vortex radar wrote an appraisal of 1.53
In it he posted an update with RDF testing about negative MRCD affects.. you may wish to wander across those links.
goodluck

If your worried about MRCD, or MRCT (NYC).... your best bet is to drop down to an older FW such as 1.46 to 1.50.
Even though the earlier FW’s will misidentify the MRCD/MRCT traps as K band 70% of the time.... it’s better than no alerts at all.... or till your in the kill zone.
1.53 did stop the misidentification.... But gave zero advanced warning something was up.
I’d prefer the 70/30 split than the 30% chance it got it right..... if at all.
If MRCD/MRCT isn’t that big of a concern, I don’t mind the R3. I don’t use it for anything other than testing because of this.
It’s still a great detector for normal threats. I’d consider it the best bang for the buck outside of MRCD detection.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Attachments

• 9812F314-9251-43EA-BDC8-2A4800241D18.jpeg
    9812F314-9251-43EA-BDC8-2A4800241D18.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member