V1 Companion iOS/iPhone **NEW** V1.07

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

V1 Companion is officially available for iOS. Please use this forum to post general comments, suggestions etc. Thanks!

Here are links to the website and app:
V1 Companion Website
V1 Companion App

Version 1.07
adds new screen optimizations for the new iPhone 12 series. It also includes improvements to bluetooth connectivity.

Version 1.06 adds improvements to the announcement and notification systems. It also includes improvements to the Passive Mute™" weak K & X signal processing and the muting system.

Version 1.05 adds the ability to have MPH or KMH as your speed measurement units. It also adds a tips/hints system and some improvements to voice notifications and the muted signal presentation as well as a bug fix for audio "ducking."

Version 1.04 greatly improves the quieting down of stationary falses and some of those pesky BSMs that get through the V1's awesome filtering. For example, with the new 'weak' muting enabled, 95% of my stationary trouble spots were eliminated by this new feature and my highway cruising was extremely quiet. I would love to get feedback from others, in their particular areas where they live and drive, on how this new update works for them. Please keep the feedback coming!

Full feature list:

***NEW Version 1.07 - Features / Improvements***

• Screen optimizations for the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, & iPhone 12 Pro Max.
• Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity.

Version 1.06 - Improvements / Bug Fixes:
• Expanded the voice announcements and notification systems to alert the driver of multiple signal detections in varying situations.
• Improved the muting system's ability to better handle incoming alerts that occur during an existing alert which has already been muted.
• Improved the "Passive Mute™" weak K & X signal processing.
• Minor bug fixes and optimizations of core systems.

Version 1.05 - Features / Improvements / Bug Fixes:
• Added the ability to toggle between MPH and KMH speed units. User setting is saved for subsequent runs.
• Added a Tips / Help system to describe features and settings.
• More detailed voice announcements of alerts.
• Refactored the muting system for reliability and efficiency.
• More detailed display of alerts and mute status.
• Fixed an issue where the audio system would not perform “audio ducking” correctly. Original volume from other audio sources is now restored after V1 Companion audio announcement.

Version 1.04 - Features / Improvements / Bug Fixes:
• Expanded "Passive Mute™" system to include 'weak' K & X signals.
• Expanded "Urgency Alerts™" system to include voice announcements and notifications when signal strength passes the alert threshold set by the user.
• Improved the app presentation when 'Laser' is detected.
• Fixed case where a V1C LE device was plugged in, but no V1 detector was attached, causing blank notifications to appear over and over.
• Fixed case where multiple signals could cause muting to fail.
• Fixed case where NULL value was passed into the voice notification system.

“V1 Companion” Version 1.03 Features:

• Automatic connection to Bluetooth enabled V1 radar locators (V1 and V1G2 supported).
• "Passive Mute™" - Quiets V1 below user set speeds.
• Priority "Visual Awareness™" - Rapidly flash V1 display during Ka signals after mute.
• "Urgency Alerts™" - Unmutes growing threats at user set strength.
• Band Priority mode - Displays main threat in order of Ka, K, then X band.
• Automatic muting of Ka, K, and X bands.
• Time before mute is user selectable for each band.
• Toggle muting for each band independently.
• Mute rear K band independent of other bands.
• Mute rear X band independent of other bands.
• App displays the Priority Alert's band, signal strength, frequency, and direction.
• App displays the Secondary Alerts' bands, signal strengths, • frequencies, bogey counts and directions.
• App displays the total Bogey count.
• App displays vehicle speed (color coded for alert status).
• App displays mute status.
• “Manual Mute” of alerts from within the app.

• Voice announcement of direction, band, and frequencies of alerts.
• iPhone and Apple Watch notifications of direction, band, and frequency of alerts.
• "Predictive Speed" algorithm gives a much more accurate speed reading from slow phone location updates.
• Visual “Pulse Rate" of V1 communications.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

160472.png

160473.png

160474.png

Last edited:

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow that REALLY LOOKs Great !! 😎😎

Yeah i run ios. Anyway i can run this on ios at same time as jbv1 on my droid ??

Once v1 gets my new unit back, i can't wait to test it 🤓🤓😎😎

Thanks !!

Is it free ?? Or how much ??

I wanna play 👍👍👍👀

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
  • Staff
Wow that REALLY LOOKs Great !! 😎😎

Yeah i run ios. Anyway i can run this on ios at same time as jbv1 on my droid ??

Once v1 gets my new unit back, i can't wait to test it 🤓🤓😎😎

Thanks !!

Is it free ?? Or how much ??

I wanna play 👍👍👍👀
Hi @benzr ,
Thanks for your interest! I would love to get your feedback. I don’t have an android to test the multiple connections. I’m not sure if the V1 handles that. The V1 companion app is $4.99.

-Mark

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I believe the G2 can only connect to one device at a time.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
I believe the G2 can only connect to one device at a time.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!
I thought if i use yhr LE BT umit it can handle two connections
Post automatically merged:

Hi @benzr ,
Thanks for your interest! I would love to get your feedback. I don’t have an android to test the multiple connections. I’m not sure if the V1 handles that. The V1 companion app is $4.99.

-Mark
Thats nothing Ok i'll purchase it soon and test it.

Last edited:

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
  • Staff
***NEW Version 1.06 - Improvements / Bug Fixes***
• Expanded the voice announcements and notification systems to alert the driver of multiple signal detections in varying situations.
• Improved the muting system's ability to better handle incoming alerts that occur during an existing alert which has already been muted.
• Improved the "Passive Mute™" weak K & X signal processing.
• Minor bug fixes and optimizations of core systems.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What does this app offer that V1 Driver doesn't offer? Or asked differently what does V1 Driver offer that your app doesn't?

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
  • Staff
What does this app offer that V1 Driver doesn't offer? Or asked differently what does V1 Driver offer that your app doesn't?
Hi @SaratogaLefty,

V1 Driver is a great app! It really comes down to giving them both a try and seeing what you personally like. V1 Companion is a cheaper solution, but it currently doesn't offer all the things of V1 Driver such as GPS lockouts, alert history, etc. V1 Driver has a LOT of features.

V1 Companion's focus is on simplicity and driver awareness. It features a sophisticated muting system and a verbose announcement and notification system. Every option is presented up front and is user selectable so you can customize your experience the way you want to.

V1 Companion's foundation is on 4 core systems:

"Passive Mute™" - Currently this system handles low speed muting and 'weak' X & K signals. It will automatically mute signals below a user set speed and keep those pesky weak X & K signals quiet.
"Urgency Alerts™" - This system will unmute a signal at a user set strength so you never miss an important alert or big change in signal strength.
"Visual Awareness™" - This system will provide you a visual cue from the V1 Radar detector itself. While low speed muting and weak X & K signals are muted, the V1 display will flash on/off at a slow rate letting you know there is a signal, but it has been muted. For Ka muting, the system will flash the V1 display rapidly to let you know Ka is around and not to forget it while it is muted.
Audio announcements and notifications - This is a big one for me, I wanted an announcement system that meant something to me as I drive. You will be alerted to band, frequency, strength and number at opportune times. The system is intelligent, so it will announce and then wait for something else "important" to happen such as frequency change, band change, number of signals etc., before "bugging" the driver again.

I've tried to find a good balance between these 4 systems to give you heightened driver awareness of the situation around you, building off of Valentine's philosophy. I use the app daily and log data and experiences every time I am out which helps with the improvement of the app over time. I have priced the app in hopes people will give it a try and see if it is to their liking. I also believe in continuous improvements through continuous development based on feedback from the users/customers. The app will be updated on a regular basis as can be seen from the first 4 releases. Bug fixes along with improvements to the core systems and occasional feature additions are the plan for the future.

-Mark

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972