Uniden R7 update, when can we expect it?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Vortex are you planning to update the recommended settings for the R7 with the new firmware on your website?

Eventually, yes. I just don’t have time right now, but I’ll get to it. In the meantime, I’m sure people can read over the changes and choose whichever options make the most sense. :)

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Whether it hurts people's feelings or not, the teaser was a teaser - gotta get the hype going. Thats been popular around here!

When did the R7 come out? Has its BSM filtering changed since then and in a significant manner? K Block 🤣

A miracle ain't going to happen, just compromise. I am excited for the auto lockouts for those that prefer that kind of stuff!

That's a big deal! Where's Hunt... I mean the latest R7 update w/ that feature? Kind of weird to get a teaser about that, but a different update ends up popping out? 🤔

Last edited:

PHILBERT

left lane, behind your [email protected]$$ ugly SUV_ MOVE OVER!
Intermediate User
Reaction score

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hope some RDF members test the speed of the K Band reaction time with the filtering on. That will make me wonder if I will jump v1.24 or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Initial bench tests against my Bushnell seem to put reactivity close to 1.29. I tested both Highway and Advanced @40% with K Filter, TSF, and K Block on. Not scientific by any means but I didn’t notice anything to cause any worry. Sub second pulls were caught easily.

TechnoRave

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Initial bench tests against my Bushnell seem to put reactivity close to 1.29. I tested both Highway and Advanced @40% with K Filter, TSF, and K Block on. Not scientific by any means but I didn’t notice anything to cause any worry. Sub second pulls were caught easily.

Good deal. Thanks for the info.

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks for the info.

I just did some more testing. City mode seems to be a little slower to react than Advanced and Highway. I never really tested city on 1.29 so I can’t say whether there is a difference between versions. Still reacts in less than a second, but not as quick as the other two modes.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is a “Factory Default” required after updating the firmware on the R7?

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The instructions states to do that as a final step. I had no problems with the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As someone else suggested, it's a good idea to use your phone camera to record all your settings. Easy to do.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why is this necessary? Just curious. I know Uniden recommends it, but just curious why.
Not sure, not my area of expertise but there was a computer programmer on one of these threads that said to do it, something about clearing files...
Post automatically merged:

I have not updated mine yet, and just read Vortex update comments. Wonder if there would be any differences between K block and the new K filter...

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex