New Database Update 10/6/20

Frankmc97

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
DFR7/DFR9/R3/R7/R9 Database Update(Last Updated 10/06/2020)

Download and Extract Database File
R3/R7/R9 – Use Uniden R series SW Download Tool to apply database update.
DFR7/DFR9 – Use Uniden Database Manager to apply database update.

Remember to scroll down and click on “firmware”
Hi: Just purchased DFR9. Downloaded drivers and db update manager. Computer seems to recognize the device, but the DB manager keeps searching with no success. Called Uniden and they did not have a solution. Any ideas? Thanks.

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi: Just purchased DFR9. Downloaded drivers and db update manager. Computer seems to recognize the device, but the DB manager keeps searching with no success. Called Uniden and they did not have a solution. Any ideas? Thanks.
I’m assuming you installed the drivers as well? If the update software is not finding your DFR9, it’s most likely either going to be a driver issue or a cable issue. Is the cable you’re using a data cable and not just power only? Even if that’s the case, try another cable if you have one.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What OS are you Windows? If yes what version?

Last edited:

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Interesting, I have someone coming down to me next week to see if I can update their R3 which has the same issue.

I suspect it's likely a Windows issue, I doubt its cable related, and I doubt its the hardware itself. The fact that the DFR9 and R series upload tools are different but similar, suggests more likely an issue with the installation of the upload tool.

Best thing I can suggest is to try another computer and reinstall the upload tool and USB drivers and try again. Perhaps an old Windows machine might actually work better.

Gabby

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was able to update my R7 without any issues on my laptop that is running Windows 7.
I had to install the drivers manually since Windows couldn't find them on its own.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was able to update my R7 without any issues on my laptop that is running Windows 7.
I had to install the drivers manually since Windows couldn't find them on its own.
Windows 7 should work fine. It's some of the newer machines I suspect that might be having issues.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extract0r