Reaction score
Trying a different location for my v1 gen2
IMG_0476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Are you getting Laser Falses with your V1 using the mirror mount? Is that the reason for the different location to get it further away from your phone?

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Are you getting Laser Falses with your V1 using the mirror mount? Is that the reason for the different location to get it further away from your phone?

No I just wanted to see if there was a difference in performance

Electro

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Good deal, in one of my vehicles I am using a blendmount and my iphone looks to be a similar distance away and my R1 goes crazy.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In order to maximize your protection from the rear, be sure that the RD has a clear **and level** line of sight view out the back window. Some vehicles have low rear window profiles such that a high mounting up front will somewhat negate a level line of sight from the detector horizontally out the rear.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Trying a different location for my v1 gen2 View attachment 161038

I've been mounting all my RD in roughly that location for years and years. Usually on the passenger side though. And sometimes I squeeze it between the ceiling console and the end of the visor. Depends on the size of the Vehicle and the car. I like it being completely out of site during a pull over event or prying eyes when parked. It also keeps it from baking in the sun. I never worry about taking it down. Even if rear laser suffered some, I don't care and I don't believe it does. If there are subtle differences in locations for radar sensitivity I would argue this is the ideal location for front radar sensitivity.

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In order to maximize your protection from the rear, be sure that the RD has a clear **and level** line of sight view out the back window. Some vehicles have low rear window profiles such that a high mounting up front will somewhat negate a level line of sight from the detector horizontally out the rear.
I have a ford explore It looks to have a clear view

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3