Highway Radar v2.4.3: New aircraft server and map lock

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
All looks good now, and I subsequently went and installed a SABRE plugin so I can submit alerts as well.

Can I get an old request back on the list, which is the option to disable the announcements of the models for helicopters/planes independently? I get so many helicopter alerts that I don't care what models they are, as they are all a risk here, but in the rare instance that I get an alert for a plane I'm interested to know if it's a Cessna as that could be problematic.

I'm not sure if there would be benefit to anybody in being able to disable the announcement of the operator or not, but at least for me it's the model that's largely superfluous and results in announcements being longer than necessary.
I'm going to redesign beeper/announcement config adding more customization. I'll try to incorporate your request there.

spanky

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
PLM : what site did you use as a SABRE entry. Thanks in advance.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
How about new huawei phones without google...HR will work?

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
How about new huawei phones without google...HR will work?
Haven't tried, but I think arrows mode might work. Map will be very unlikely to work.

Delaney

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
A little late to the party, but just wanted to say I really like the new ability to lock the map! Good job as always.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I did a roadtrip over the weekend which was the first time I was able to use HR long-term.

Android Auto is my primary screen for Waze etc. with HR running on my Android phone sitting in a cup holder. This means it takes some effort to check the HR density risk map routinely.

Would it be viable @ferius , and worth the effort, to have an audible alert when approaching a higher risk density map area, as configured by the user?

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I did a roadtrip over the weekend which was the first time I was able to use HR long-term.

Android Auto is my primary screen for Waze etc. with HR running on my Android phone sitting in a cup holder. This means it takes some effort to check the HR density risk map routinely.

Would it be viable @ferius , and worth the effort, to have a user configurable audible alert when approaching a higher risk density map area?
I have this on my list, but, unfortunately, I don't have much free time at this point. Also, I'm working on preparing the app for the Theia release which I find to be more important than hot areas announcements.
Now I expect this risk announcements to arrive in 2-3 versions.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Fair enough. Carry on.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany