Received a V1G2 disassembled - Resolved by Valentine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hopefully that would not be the case, but as long as they refuse the shipment of the 2nd unit (damaged) their card company would side with the consumer, especially with their "30-Day Money Back Guarantee" posted on their site. There is no asterisk/fine print to indicate you would be on the hook for their shipping either. In a perfect world VR would be 'embarrassed' by this mistake and should do everything possible to make the consumer happy. The world is not perfect, mistakes happen, as long as both sides react reasonably there should not be an issue.
I am pretty sure that VR would do whatever they could to take care of him if this is something they let go out the door. I am sure they really would want to inspect it and figure out where along the way this happened so it doesn't happen again. I remember when the K band went out on my very early V1, it was out of warranty and they took care of me above and beyond anything I could have expected...and this was before social media with all the implications of having public venting sessions.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr I unfortunately got the death bug just before the fix in the new firmware was released.
I just sent everything back to V1 the same way they sent it to me, including the same shipping box! The boxes they use fits very snugly around the V1 box and is nice and strong. So the box plus the internal soft padding in the V1 box should be fine.

Best of luck, hopefully they resolve this for you in good time.

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I agree with the posts that you're making this a way bigger issue than it appears to be. If it's broken, send it back and they will repair it good as new (in the literal sense). Stop fretting about what to do.

As for the CS lady, I've never had an unpleasant experience with VR, and I wasn't there so I don't know how your's went-down. But maybe when a company that's been shipping devices for 20-30 years hears about a situation that is so anomalous - to the point that maybe it's never happened before - they get a little defensive until they see it for themselves? Because what I am certain has happened before is a "customer" has tried to get free gear/units/etc. So they're skeptical? If a customer called you and said, "Out of the thousands and thousands of devices you shipped over numerous decades, I have the first one you forgot to assemble," what would your reaction be? (Does not excuse any CS agent being truly rude; like I said, I've never experienced that with VR myself.)

You asked the Valentine RDF'ers for advice, I think you got it pretty clearly. Stop beating a dead horse and go find a box and some tape! :)

Good Luck.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You asked the Valentine RDF'ers for advice, I think you got it pretty clearly. Stop beating a dead horse and go find a box and some tape! :)
Amen, locking.
@benzr Feel free to PM me if you don't agree with the locking.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
This PAST THURSDAY:
Just talked to SYDNEY ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
Ok i feel much better .. now.
She is sending the Ship Label Post Haste !!
I explained to her to make notes I will be testing it on the forums ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

And it has to be a new one.
Also told her the shanks weren't threaded either.
Also told her the confidence of the other members will be in question with a refurb unit.
She told me " they will make the determination when they see the unit".

I asked her what is the appeals process if they try to give me "as new" Legal statement.
And she said they will call me. I told her i need
"To be made Whole" Legal statement.
It is not acceptable as what if their detector tests BAD in all my tests. That would make them
Look bad too. I told her pls to notate myaccount
With these perogatives.

I was happy smiling and jovial and so was SHE !!
All in all a Good START. WE'll see how this unfolds as my email just dinged and the Label is here. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
Pest office will be closed so send out Tomm with all accessories and parts underneath the cover EXACTLY how i received it. The baggie will represent that we didn't send it out like yhat and could cause legal denial of return.

I picture everything in front of a jury and how would they react. My former Law P'ners taught me a lot. So UNFORTUNATELY the drama continues.
VALENTINE, (Mike) do The right thing.

PAST Friday Update: Nice Lady was Nice !!
VALENTINE Office just called me personally !!
"NICE LADY" just called me and she was ...
Nice !! SWEET !! Jovial !! Professional, yet friendly !! MIND BLOWN !!
I was happy smiling and jovial and so was SHE !!
She called me explaining she did not receive my overnight shipment of my dis... unit !!

First i told her this is EXCELLENT and amazing Cust Svc !! I thanked her for her conscientious
Follow up.

Re-explained our issue and proof is non-threaded shanks and parts w video and pics. Discussed unit will be regarded as NON BELIEVABLE in the ensuing RDF tests, and if the unit was indeed rushed it has questionable performance and merchantability.

Also stated if i buy new it is "reasonable" to expect new, and not "as new" or "like new". In short dont Throw screws in and shove it back on me. ( i gently laughed)

I do NOT think they will do that at all as that is not going to make me "whole" or is even a fair equitability.

TBH ..
I think Valentine will take one look at the non-threaded shanks, hence parts ... Have a good laugh, realize i sent the whole kit n caboodle back to them snd pick a brand new box off the shelf and send it. ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

This was just a misunderstanding originally
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
They didn't believe it and quite frankly i barely believed it !! Just watch the vid. ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Benzr

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
TLDR

But, Sydney sounds hideous. She's probably a guy...
Aucontrare

Sydney sounds SUPER SEXXY ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Down benzr down boy ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Just sayin'

Benzr

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Not another one of these threads....
Just an update. Thats all

I waited 4 FULL DAYS to post it.

And combined 2 days of CS into ONE post.

You're welcome.

B

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well...โ€ฆ.so much for my confidence in your testing. You just ensured yourself a hot unit whether or not they send this one back (assembled) or something else.

Actually, I think you're getting a V1Gen2 in any case. They're all hot.

Last edited:

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well...โ€ฆ.so much for my confidence in your testing. You just ensured yourself a hot unit whether or not they send this one back (assembled) or something else.

Right, this seems like a brilliant strategy now. Anyways thanks for the heads up @benzr. I'm gonna get a few more drinks in me and ask for Sydney to inquire where the new mute volume lever is just to confirm how sexy she sounds.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score

THEY HAVE ALL BEEN HOT !!

I bought 2 for GFs
1 for Fiance
1 for father etc etc etc (7Total) over the years.

Just sayin'

It was age old not good CS that led me to BEL Canada. That and GaAS Diodes. Now they have modernized their CS during the Lockdown. Kudos :slick:

Cant wait to start testing ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Benzr
Post automatically merged:

Right, this seems like a brilliant strategy now. Anyways thanks for the heads up @benzr. I'm gonna get a few more drinks in me and ask for Sydney to inquire where the new mute volume lever is just to confirm how sexy she sounds.
Sadly ... if you have ever looked at that simple knob (inside the unit). It is NOT so simple and takes up a good portion of the front innards(technical term๐Ÿ˜›).

That is pretty much nearly impossible to get unless they scavenge upgrade V1G1 units.

Good Luck on your quest ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

Benzr

Last edited:

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
THEY HAVE ALL BEEN HOT !!

I bought 2 for GFs
1 for Fiance
1 for father etc etc etc (7Total) over the years.

Just sayin'

It was age old not good CS that led me to BEL Canada. That and GaAS Diodes. Now they have modernized their CS during the Lockdown. Kudos :slick:

Cant wait to start testing ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Benzr

Sadly ... if you have ever looked at that simple knob (inside the unit). It is NOT so simple and takes up a good portion of the front innards(technical term๐Ÿ˜›).

That is pretty much nearly impossible to get unless they scavenge upgrade V1G1 units.

Good Luck on your quest ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

Benzr

Right, I was scratching my head when MV explained how many people couldn't figure out how to use the mute lever on the G1. But hey, look at the driving on display... Gotta make up something that sounds almost legitimate to speak with Sydney about before making any inquiries about the dress code at VR and how she's applying those policies.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr your too funny. Ya agree....way to subliminally ensure you can get a hot unit....lol. When you referenced RDF, any reaction? Did she know what it meant? Or Radically Different Fellow? Lol...

Now more importantly you bought 2 for the girlfriends and 1 for the fiance?

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Sydney is a darling. I glad it's working out for you Benzr.
But do yourself a favour, don't do a stream of consciousness about everything that can go wrong. You've asked for a new unit, wait and see what they do.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr your too funny. Ya agree....way to subliminally ensure you can get a hot unit....lol. When you referenced RDF, any reaction? Did she know what it meant? Or Radically Different Fellow? Lol...

Now more importantly you bought 2 for the girlfriends and 1 for the fiance?
[email protected] different times. But yeah THAT is Funny ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

The GF s were sales so they needed a solid unit
Replaced 1 whistler decent and

((( 1 Cobra hahahahahahahahaha ))) she thought she was protected. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I like for my women to have protection

[email protected] different times. But yeah THAT is Funny ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

The GF s were sales so they needed a solid unit
Replaced 1 whistler decent and

((( 1 Cobra hahahahahahahahaha ))) she thought she was protected. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I like for my women to have protection
Radically Different Fellow !!

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Benzr

AddLightness

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A saying about bees, honey, and vinegar come to mind.

>My former Law P'ners taught me a lot.

That explains it. ;)

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wait everyone, pull over! I need some clarification here.

@benzr...

You're telling me you've had 2 girlfriends and a fiancรฉ since the V2 came out in March?

I hope those law partners are on retainer, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49