Received a V1G2 disassembled - Resolved by Valentine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did they provide you with a return shipping label or are you required to pay for the return shipping?
Lemme check my email

I think they sent a prepaid πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Benzr

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Send back the unit, packaging and all accessories along with a can of decaf coffee.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Lemme check my email

I think they sent a prepaid πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Benzr
NOPE they have NOT sent the label yet. It has only been an hour so i won't judge.

B
Post automatically merged:

Send back the unit, packaging and all accessories along with a can of decaf coffee.
For her or me ?? I need a Valium. No i don't and haven't ever.

But if i sigh one more time. This just went from 1 to infinity in one stupid phone call.

I have BOXED IT UP with ALL accesories as it came shipped. I have put the parts in a baggie per obeer ((sorry buddy)). I put a note suggesting what i need to happen as well.
New Unit ... period. It was new i expect new.
Why Valentine. Why oh why.

And i am awaiting the RTV (return to vendor) Label. So i can semd it back to get a new one.

And the Drama continues. Bad news is i cut the yard already so no stress relief. 😧😧

[email protected] .. just [email protected] I was better before the call thats for sure.

B

Send it in the original box WITH the outer box as well to protect he box.
I was and it was until "nice lady" told me to remove accessories and hinted "just wrap it up and send it to us" confusing me even more. When i tried to desperately be more specific .. then ... well you know.

Now i am awaiting the Prepaid return label.

Last edited:

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
... And the Drama continues. Bad news is i cut the yard already so no stress relief. 😧😧

@benzr you live in Florida. Our grass always need to be cut again. ;)

Hope that this all works out for you in the way that you want it to.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What we have here is a serious CM company dealing poorly with a serious CM customer. Hope they resolve this in a thoughtful and beneficial manner.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a different point of view.
Find an appropriately sized box with a reasonable amount of padding and send just the unit. Don't send in your official box.

They have boxes that fit just the V1 unit and will likely return a unit to you in one of those smaller boxes. Beyond that I can't tell you anything else.

I doubt that they would send you something less than ideal after the other thread. :)
I sure hope so. If they just send me a whole new unit then i'll request Mods DELETE this entire thread. This isnt to besmurch V1 in any way. I just want what i paid for that's all.

Quite frankly at this point i'm ... gasp ... desperate.

Benzr

chapRD

γ…€
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Have you tried just calling back and asking specifically what they would like sent back? All they wanted was my unit, no cords or anything else when I had an issue.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Only problem is they don't have any new units as of today as I checked.
THANKS FRIEND !! for checking. Yeah I pretty much assumed that. Why i went back n forth on keeping it and adding screws. πŸ€”πŸ€”

But someone here pointed out the shanks are not threaded (use threading screws, so that could be bad later, then someone else mentioned it may have been flagged not ready.
From that post on ... I realized i had to get a whole new unit ... sigh.

I'll patiently wait and my v1G2 CD can sit on the project table and wait too. πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Thanks to all my RDF family for saving my @ss !!

Benzr

Have you tried just calling back and asking specifically what they would like sent back? All they wanted was my unit, no cords or anything else when I had an issue.
Ok i'll spell it out ... problem or issue REAL NICE SYDNEY transfers me to Nastily "nice lady" to resolve any issues. I really do NOT want to talk to her again. I'm actually dreading it.

She's hit or miss and Today she is totally miss.

Dunno why I was jovial and kind and she was ...
Not.

I know its been 2 hrs so i have to call again.
Just sighed again.

Really dread this call.

Calling

B

Last edited:

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm betting you'll get better results on the next call. But I'm pouring another drink...

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dude, you really could use a chill pill or something. If you were bouncing all over the walls on the phone like you were here, I can see how this went down.

It's not rocket science:

Step 1: Gather your detector as you got it shipped to you.

Step 2: Put it in a properly protected box.

Step 3: Put the prepaid shipping label on the box.

Step 4: Ship the box.

There is no need for your accessories, they don't want them unless you were dealing with an operational problem where they would be interested in having them for diagnostic purposes.

When you get your detector back, it will be as new. It doesn't matter what the serial number is or anything. It will be as new.

No need to get worked up over it, just ship the thing off when you get the label.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm betting you'll get better results on the next call. But I'm pouring another drink...
Interesting you mention that ... VR hasn't sent the return Label I wasted an ENTIRE DAY on this BS.

So i am saying PHUKET .. Gonna put the detector box an sh!t away, go get a 12 pack of Kirin and go to GF's house to watch the debate.

I'll deal with this Monday after GF's B-day Wknd. I don't need this kind of stress ... period.

This is More stress than a closing. Well ... almost.

Benzr

Dude, you really could use a chill pill or something. If you were bouncing all over the walls on the phone like you were here, I can see how this went down.

It's not rocket science:

Step 1: Gather your detector as you got it shipped to you.

Step 2: Put it in a properly protected box.

Step 3: Put the prepaid shipping label on the box.

Step 4: Ship the box.

There is no need for your accessories, they don't want them unless you were dealing with an operational problem where they would be interested in having them for diagnostic purposes.

When you get your detector back, it will be as new. It doesn't matter what the serial number is or anything. It will be as new.

No need to get worked up over it, just ship the thing off when you get the label.
I have not received the Label and I do not want it back. I expect a new one. can you blame me ?

Put yourself in my shoes. Dont forget if the same one comes back EVERY RDF r will dispute the Test Results. "" wasn't that that detector that wasn't fully put together ""

And WHY wasn't it assembled, and WHY wasn't it sent in baggies of the parts of it , if it was only an assembly "" issue. ??

And no i cannot send it back yet ... they forgot to send the Label. It's been 3 hours. How long does it take to send a standarized Email?

While i appreciate your concern, VR has dropped the ball, is continuing to drop the ball,
And has inferred i have just been a bother.

This is not Cust Svc IMHO.

I just want to be made "WHOLE". Legal Term.

Just checked email again and no Ship Label.

Benzr

Last edited:

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Interesting you mention that ... VR hasn't sent the return Label I wasted an ENTIRE DAY on this BS.

So i am saying PHUKET .. Gonna put the detector box an sh!t away, go get a 12 pack of Kirin and go to GF's house to watch the debate.

I'll deal with this Monday after GF's B-day Wknd. I don't need this kind of stress ... period.

Benzr
Dude, I think you're making it more stressful on yourself than it needs to be. It's really not that difficult.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Benzr

For sure the GF and her B-day are the priority here. Take care of her and you know she'll take care of you! VR can wait and that R7 will handle it until they get their act together. When they do you'll enjoy the G2. My iffy rear ALP install is coming loose on one side. I need a 3D printer!

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score

Benzr

I have not received the Label and I do not want it back. I expect a new one. can you blame me ?

Put yourself in my shoes. Dont forget if the same one comes back EVERY RDF r will dispute the Test Results. "" wasn't that that detector that wasn't fully put together ""

And WHY wasn't it assembled, and WHY wasn't it sent in baggies of the parts of it , if it was only an assembly "" issue. ??

And no i cannot send it back yet ... they forgot to send the Label. It's been 3 hours. How long does it take to send a standarized Email?

While i appreciate your concern, VR has dropped the ball, is continuing to drop the ball,
And has inferred i have just been a bother.

This is not Cust Svc IMHO.

I just want to be made "WHOLE". Legal Term.

Just checked email again and no Ship Label.

Benzr
I did put myself in your shoes. Again, I have 100 percent confidence that they will provide you with an as-new detector. They have NEVER failed to impress me with their service when sending something in.

Take a deep breath, go enjoy your drinks. When you get your shipping label, send it back. It will all be good in the end, I am sure of that.

Toser28

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Every time I call there I get the hot sounding hot chick . Think I just might keep on buying stuff just so i can her.😁

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh and No i was beyond calm, expecting a sweet young thing to say yeah send it in we'll take care of you. "". "" If you want a new unit I would, then please request that"

NOT ... Legaleze. And non-liability statements.

This is beyond POOR customer service.

I was totally jovial, gently laughing, happy for my GF ' s Weekend. I AM bouncing now because she was totally noncommital, spoke in legaleze, including repeating the same thing over to each question as to how to send it.

Btw I appreciate the accusation. Hopefully someday you too will NOT get to experience this miserable scenario. It sux ... period.

I took this lightly .. and she accelerated it to ridiculousness. Using legaleze and non liability speech.

" As new " again Legaleze, is not acceptable.

I expect to be made " Whole " again Legaleze.

I expect a new detector. Its what i paid for, and it is what i expect. Wouldn't anyone ??

What if the detector was indeed flagged and i get a ticket ??

So i paid full price for a ticket ??

I an sooooo done with this.

And .. still no return label.

Guess i don't matter to VR and i should just "accept" what they throw at me and be happy.

Not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Jaguar

PSL +15
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Personally.....after that encounter.....

I would order another brand new unit on-line and then just ship back the one that arrived 'disassembled' (OEM box & all) with a note to refund your card and not replace with the return label they send to you.

I would not want a want a unit that from the start had issues as who knows what else is wrong with it.

If they give you issues with the returned unit say 'apparently it was not clear' how to proceed so that is the method you went.
Knowing VR you'd end up with two V1G2s, and they would fight tooth and nail against the chargeback.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Box up the whole thing and get a refund. Nothing would make you happy. You wouldn't be happy if they hand delivered it with a box of wine.

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can't find it on their website, but I think for repairs/upgrades you send in the original unit with or without the original packaging. I have never known VR to send out ANYTHING that was not in one of their original boxes. So I think you're certain to get either a new unit back or your original unit (more likely) in new VR packaging.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Knowing VR you'd end up with two V1G2s, and they would fight tooth and nail against the chargeback.
Hopefully that would not be the case, but as long as they refuse the shipment of the 2nd unit (damaged) their card company would side with the consumer, especially with their "30-Day Money Back Guarantee" posted on their site. There is no asterisk/fine print to indicate you would be on the hook for their shipping either. In a perfect world VR would be 'embarrassed' by this mistake and should do everything possible to make the consumer happy. The world is not perfect, mistakes happen, as long as both sides react reasonably there should not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49