Received a V1G2 disassembled - Resolved by Valentine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Evidently someone felt RDF rs cannot handle a teaser post. Here is the proof that

VALENTINE SENT ME A NON-ASSEMBLED V1G2

Before the offending post was deleted (((2 MINUTES FLAT)) ... I intended to PRAISE VALENTINE for their MASSIVE ATTEMPTs to get our products out to us in a timely manner. LOOK CLOSELY AT THE SCREENSHOTS
of my Video I was uploading tommorow when i got home. It is painfully obvious that their was NEVER a threaded screw into the prethreaded mount.

So ABSOLUTELY NO PRAISE to Valentine now.
I WILL BE TOTALLY OBJECTIVE NOW.

Someone deleted my post so I will let others
Chime in. I feel that was a "premotivated" move.

IRONICALLY I intended to praise Valentine, but "someone" fanboi most likely decided no one could view the teaser.

Here are the pics. Very disappointed in the decision to delete an innocent teaser.

I was going to state to everyone "this is the reason
Valentine is getting delayed... just as the Cust Svc Rep sd ... ""we receive them disassembled and need to get people to assemble them""
The only wild thing yhat happened was they sent me a dissassembled unit. I was QUITE HAPPY I RECEIVED ANYTHING 😎😎👍👍

Had planned on calling VR tomm and have them send the screws. I have all the pieces put together properly and just need screws. I was going to praise VR for their efforts to get the RDF units out quickly. Obviously they are TRULY STRESSED and trying to do the right thing. Now dont you feel ashamed you deleted my post ?? Just sayin'

SOME here are quick trigger on the delet button.

It was actually EXTREMELY POSITIVE FOR VR

... and understanding of their dilema.

Benzr

Attachments

• 23160BE8-42D8-4BD7-8FA7-D83F31B44EBF.jpeg
    23160BE8-42D8-4BD7-8FA7-D83F31B44EBF.jpeg
    955.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 186D9DB1-301F-4C98-9A17-D13424EAF237.jpeg
    186D9DB1-301F-4C98-9A17-D13424EAF237.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • C4DA297E-9E7F-4441-84FA-DC988F215611.jpeg
    C4DA297E-9E7F-4441-84FA-DC988F215611.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DF076AC2-0F03-4EE8-91E8-92D92BE4BE7C.png
    DF076AC2-0F03-4EE8-91E8-92D92BE4BE7C.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 3F068669-4948-4C81-B922-5D147FB66A83.png
    3F068669-4948-4C81-B922-5D147FB66A83.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 106
  • 08917406-DD81-444F-BA03-62C9C76ADC6A.png
    08917406-DD81-444F-BA03-62C9C76ADC6A.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 50D382BD-6ED8-40A8-9070-739846281DF4.png
    50D382BD-6ED8-40A8-9070-739846281DF4.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 7853D9A3-E685-41F1-B14F-1DF3BE8238B3.png
    7853D9A3-E685-41F1-B14F-1DF3BE8238B3.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

KY2019GTMUSTANG

Wherever I May Roam +10
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
:munch:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr I have PMd you as well.
Your initial post went against several of the RDF posting guidelines.

These can be found here.

Chapter III: Posting Guidelines

(1) When posting content on RDForum.org, the following guidelines should be kept in mind:

a) Use English. No other languages will be accepted on RDF.
b) Post in the correct section.
c) Make your Title concise and descriptive. Titles such as “Look here it’s amazing!”, or “Wonderful news” as well as titles that end before continuing on in the main text of the thread ("I drove on the highway today by accelerating really fast and... " followed by "nothing happened" in the main body of the thread) is considered click bait and the subject will be adjusted by the administration without notice. In addition, subjects such as “There is a special room in hell for job recruiters who spam you with phone calls and e-mails about unrelated jobs or locations!” is considered too long and detailed and should be shortened to something like “Annoying Job Recruiters” or something along that line.
d) Do not write the title in all caps.
e) Please use the search function before posting.
f) When quoting/posting copyrighted material, you must include author, copyright statement and a link to the source.
g) Do not post useless content. It may be acceptable to have one or two posts every once in a while about completely useless topics but this is overdone sometimes.

As stated in my PM, I am not loyal to any brand, however since this morning I have received messages claiming I am to Radenso and now apparently V1.

Anyway, RDF is a place to discuss CMs. Disappointing to hear you received a disassembled V1. However we do not need to make a big song and dance about it, not in a Benzr way, and not at all in my opinion.

Last edited:

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can’t wait for video.
this is interesting
🤩

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr I have PMd you as well.
Your initial post went against several of the RDF posting guidelines.

These can be found here.

Chapter III: Posting Guidelines

(1) When posting content on RDForum.org, the following guidelines should be kept in mind:

a) Use English. No other languages will be accepted on RDF.
b) Post in the correct section.
c) Make your Title concise and descriptive. Titles such as “Look here it’s amazing!”, or “Wonderful news” as well as titles that end before continuing on in the main text of the thread ("I drove on the highway today by accelerating really fast and... " followed by "nothing happened" in the main body of the thread) is considered click bait and the subject will be adjusted by the administration without notice. In addition, subjects such as “There is a special room in hell for job recruiters who spam you with phone calls and e-mails about unrelated jobs or locations!” is considered too long and detailed and should be shortened to something like “Annoying Job Recruiters” or something along that line.
d) Do not write the title in all caps.
e) Please use the search function before posting.
f) When quoting/posting copyrighted material, you must include author, copyright statement and a link to the source.
g) Do not post useless content. It may be acceptable to have one or two posts every once in a while about completely useless topics but this is overdone sometimes.

As stated in my PM, I am not loyal to any brand, however since this morning I have received messages claiming I am to Radenso and now apparently V1.

Anyway, RDF is a place to discuss CMs. Disappointing to hear you received a disassembled V1. However we do not need to make a big song and dance about it, not in a Benzr way, and not at all in my opinion.
I have been spanked appropriately ... I think i enjoyed it .... wait ... Wrong Forum 😉😉😱😱

I will behave my friend.

Take care buddy 🎃🎃

Benzr

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was going to ask if you at least got the screws but I reread and see you are planning to ask for them. I would pack it back up and ask for another even if I had to wait. Just prefer I receive an assembled tested unit. Things happen.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I may be experiencing pareidolia with some of the blurry photos.

Last edited:

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr Sorry that happened to you. I'd recommend calling Valentine Research Inc. and seeing what they will want to do about it. I bet they'll take care of it for you. This issue would definitely fall under warranty of craftsmanship. Valentine Research seems to be helpful to RDF members who've had warranty issues from what I can see so far on the V1 Gen. 2. Let us know what comes of it.

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's funny stuff right there.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Someone in QC sure fell down on the job the day that the V1G2 they sent to @benzr was made.
Definitely not what Valentine Research is known for.

Last edited:

DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have been spanked appropriately ... I think i enjoyed it .... wait ... Wrong Forum 😉😉😱😱

I will behave my friend.

Take care buddy 🎃🎃

Benzr
As they say around USA, and is even worse down under.... Everyone violates some law and does not know it... millions words of laws or RDF forum rules. Then, non libertarian (describes not politics, DudeNz, a state of mind, no violation) minded law enforcers pound away at the fine print you are expected to memorize... censorship without warning =your penalty. They are satisfied... In this case your valid info is banned. Most people would just give up, and take the punishment. But, you are Benzr, who does not take no for a answer. You really want to tell us this valuable information. So, you take your valuable time, to replace your valuable time for the first post wasted, and post this again. Thank you.

@RaggedEdge, please tone this down. RDF members, no matter the level, do not need to memorize all the rules above. This is not Cuba. And, please do not allow punishment to happen to me now or in future because I offered my opinion here.

@benzr thanks for showing us this! Wild as wild can be. Let us know what VR says once VR sees your video/pictures. If she will not accept it, send Mike a email. was the box totally sealed and not tampered with?
Post automatically merged:

Someone in QC sure fell down on the job the day that the V1G2 they sent to @benzr was made.
Definitely not what Valentine Research is known for.
Rai based assembly and shipping robots must have had their program turned on like in iRobot. :)

Last edited:

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
As they say around USA, and is even worse down under.... Everyone violates some law and does not know it... millions words of laws or RDF forum rules. Then, non libertarian (describes not politics, DudeNz, a state of mind, no violation) minded law enforcers pound away at the fine print you are expected to memorize... censorship without warning =your penalty. They are satisfied... In this case your valid info is banned. Most people would just give up, and take the punishment. But, you are Benzr, who does not take no for a answer. You really want to tell us this valuable information. So, you take your valuable time, to replace your valuable time for the first post wasted, and post this again. Thank you.

@RaggedEdge, please tone this down. RDF members, no matter the level, do not need to memorize all the rules above. This is not Cuba. And, please do not allow punishment to happen to me now or in future because I offered my opinion here.

@benzr thanks for showing us this! Wild as wild can be. Let us know what VR says once VR sees your video/pictures. If she will not accept it, send Mike a email. was the box totally sealed and not tampered with?

Rai based assembly and shipping robots must have had their program turned on like in iRobot. :)
I had a look at the post that was deleted.

When you don't have all the information DrHow, and you don't, it would behoove you to refrain from making accusations.

Benzr's original post was total clickbait and contained absolutely zero substance or claims. That's why it was deleted. It had nothing to do with the content but the absolute lack of content.

The forum has rules, it's not a free for all. If that's a problem for you, then I'd suggest 4chan/b

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
This just looks like human error. It happens to all companies including us. Sure, not great - but also not a systemic flaw that affects all the detectors (and not something we've seen a lot of here which would indicate a process flaw in their repair system). I could totally see how a repair tech on the bench would fix the unit but get distracted and forget to put the screws back in. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure they will take care of you.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Strange things indeed. One V1 out of many thousands produced is shipped improperly assembled. It snuck through all the QC procedures at VR.
It sounds like the one, as in singular, that had dodgy soldering.
Never mind, VR will surely send some new screws.
If I had spares I'd send them, but I only have the eight in my Gen2's.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
@benzr, where was the suction cup mount as you opened the box for the first time?
You'll see it in the Vimeo Video. 👍👍😎😎

I was so HAPPY I GOT IT ... Was doing an unboxing Vid.

It was a bit of a shock when I first picked up the unit by those very suction cups you mention 🤓

The whole Top came off.

And as to DudeinNZ .... evidently there had been a mini war where he is getting accused of favortism on brands.

He is a GREAT GUY AND I VOUCH FOR HIM and his New Zealanders understand our current USA situation better than we do.
Did he act a little expediciously ...
Maybe, but then again he did have a lot of Drama placed on him through the brand wars.

It is tough to be a Mod here evidently. I for one appreciate his FREE contribution to our RDF Family. That all being said .. Do I think the V1 Fanbois are questionably extreme on this forum .... uhhhh yeah.

Still I can't fault Valentine for the error. WE here at RDF have been pretty "pressing", almost belligerant in our "SEND IT NOW" demands.
MYSELF included.
IMHO WE caused this.
We stressed them, we demanded shipment, and we made it known we were not satisfied. Be it good or bad I take yhe blame for this oversight.

As long as they jonor warranty then i have no problem putting in 4 screws. I am kinda mechanically inclined 🤓😉

Benzr

This just looks like human error. It happens to all companies including us. Sure, not great - but also not a systemic flaw that affects all the detectors (and not something we've seen a lot of here which would indicate a process flaw in their repair system). I could totally see how a repair tech on the bench would fix the unit but get distracted and forget to put the screws back in. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I'm sure they will take care of you.
AGREED !!

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't see the video you speak of. I see screenshots of videos. I'll try a different device.
[EDIT] Nope, just pics.

Last edited:

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
I had a look at the post that was deleted.

When you don't have all the information DrHow, and you don't, it would behoove you to refrain from making accusations.

Benzr's original post was total clickbait and contained absolutely zero substance or claims. That's why it was deleted. It had nothing to do with the content but the absolute lack of content.

The forum has rules, it's not a free for all. If that's a problem for you, then I'd suggest 4chan/b
This is not not not "clickbait". And i resent the accusation that I would even entertain such a nefarious act. First of all where is the link to click. I know you're a mod but you just broke one of our rules on false accusations.

This demeans my character, puts my credibility at risk, and infers I intentionally tried to mislead potential purchasers of a Valentine.

All is not concise, judgemental with bias, and detrimental to my reputation.

In actuality I was going to suggest we RDF 'rs
Go easy on Valentine. Valentine is trying to please us RDF 'rs and other customers, and
IMHO we ironically caused the Exact Issue that I experienced. This was a Brand New Unit and not repaired

If our Rules Process is indeed non-biased, non-judgemental, and most of all fair then it would be assumed to expect a retraction of that unwarranted and unnecessary accusation on my character and credibility.

When We posters are wrong or misinformed We own up yo it, Apologize, and retract our actions.

I would expect the same of a misleading and potentially harmful statement on my character.

My proof is my PM to the deleting mod. I took screenshots.

I was actually intending to Praise VR for their unyielding efforts to please us customers as evidenced in the screenshotted PM.

If this is indeed a huge misunderstanding, as I think it is, then a retraction is warranted.

Lets put this to bed. AGAIN this is not an attack on a mod. This is simply defending my now tarnished credibility and reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49