GACTG meeting

Boozehound

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Made it back home at 01:40. It was a pleasure meeting everyone at the event. Special thanks to @Transporter , @benzr , @GA Speed. You guys provided some much needed help and education. While I had naive confidence in my installation prior to the meet, the things I learned and did gave me some real confidence for the trip. I got a Poliscan alert somewhere in AL but I wonder if it was real. Other than that there were a few instances of C/O mostly by cops who were already occupied with customers or crashes.

This was my first event. My number one takeaway: Get it tested! I don't care who installed it or how great it looks. Just test it as you really don't know for sure until you do.

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
AL does not have automated speed enforcement (except for Brantley, who use Redflex) so the poliscan alert was a false. I have poliscan enabled but have never had an alert to it.

Last edited:

Boozehound

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
AL does not have automated speed enforcement (except for Brantley, who use Redflex) so the poliscan alert was a false. I have poliscan enabled but have never had an alert to it.

It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your car. Thanks for the heads up on the false.

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your car. Thanks for the heads up on the false.
Same! Glad to see your system get a workout and aligned correctly.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would have loved to meet you guys! I will one of these days! Anyway, I have another thought to add about testing. Even if you have a really great testing session and JTG everything you face both front and rear, don't assume your setup is bulletproof! You still need to test as often as you can against as many different guns you can and at different locations. I can't tell you how many times we've tested my TMG quads and jammed the hell out of every gun that was there including the DE only to get shredded the very next weekend without touching a damn thing on my system! Laser protection is a never ending struggle!

Boozehound

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would have loved to meet you guys! I will one of these days! Anyway, I have another thought to add about testing. Even if you have a really great testing session and JTG everything you face both front and rear, don't assume your setup is bulletproof! You still need to test as often as you can against as many different guns you can and at different locations. I can't tell you how many times we've tested my TMG quads and jammed the hell out of every gun that was there including the DE only to get shredded the very next weekend without touching a damn thing on my system! Laser protection is a never ending struggle!
What he said. What if you're good to go on testing but not so much with brake dive? We didn't test with brake dive? What if your're solid from one angle but not from another? We could easily spend all day on just a few cars tweaking, tuning, and testing to get it as good as possible.

Looking forward to hearing more about your TMGs. About to install the 2 rears on my old car. I'm in the process of getting the old Mustang galloping again and I'll probably do another ALP on that horse.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What he said. What if you're good to go on testing but not so much with brake dive? We didn't test with brake dive? What if your're solid from one angle but not from another? We could easily spend all day on just a few cars tweaking, tuning, and testing to get it as good as possible.

Looking forward to hearing more about your TMGs. About to install the 2 rears on my old car. I'm in the process of getting the old Mustang galloping again and I'll probably do another ALP on that horse.
We haven't tested much lately due to life in general, but I needed a break due to frustration! Like I said, one test my system kicks @ss, the very next weekend it gets it's @ss kicked, especially from the rear, but only against the DE! This gets very old very fast! I'm trying to decide what to do next. One thing's for sure, we need to use his other guns more, @VariableWave 's, because I always do great against everyting else except that damn DE of his! I think I'm going to get my TMG quads JTG, JFG from the other "normal "guns and let the DE fall in wherever it does since I don't face it anyway, at least not yet!

Last edited:

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Results much depend on the Shooter's skill level.....
Any chance you could PM me more details that are appropriate for the intermediate level?

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can be summed up this way -
How does a musician get to perform at Carnegie Hall ?
practise.....practise.....practise.....

The steady hand of a Surgeon & familiarity w/ the Lidars characteristics is a must !

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can be summed up this way -
How does a musician get to perform at Carnegie Hall...
practise.....practise.....practise.....

The steady hand of a Surgeon & familiarity w/ the Lidars characteristics is a must !
Amen! And @VariableWave is a surgeon who is relentless in his pursuit! If you can get passed him, which you won't for long, you'll have nothing to worry about in the "real world"!

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Results much depend on the Shooter's skill level.....
@GA Speed did most if not all the shooting. He was able to pick off PTs on @oktavf 's motorcycle setup.

I'm definitely up for retesting my setup tho. My setup is pretty unorthodox but was JTG which I'm having trouble believing.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@GA Speed did most if not all the shooting. He was able to pick off PTs on @oktavf 's motorcycle setup.

I'm definitely up for retesting my setup tho. My setup is pretty unorthodox but was JTG which I'm having trouble believing.
Lol front was 100% solid JTG but rear where I only have one RX and a large behind with 3 hard bags was PT city on the DE but Stalker RLR was JFG! ;)

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score

@GA Speed is a SERIOUS sharpshooter
@Transporter is Really Good
@benzr (me) is decent at best.

I gotta practice,practice,practice. ... sigh

And yes @Kennyc56 you gotta get up our way !!

Maybe i'll take a roadtrip in the New Benz and bring the Guns to you !! My best friend lives inRaleigh. Got a few of you guys to see while im up there. 😎😎😎

I know NC Is closed still .. i think ... so it'll buy me some time. 😉😉🤓🤓
Benzr
Post automatically merged:

Lol front was 100% solid JTG but rear where I only have one RX and a large behind with 3 hard bags was PT city on the DE but Stalker RLR was JFG! ;)

Get that Tx installed and we'll shoot ya again 👍👍🤓🤓🎃🎃

Benzr

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Yeah, a similar result happened when I Tested @itwasntme w/ his BMW moto, & he had Dual AL-P Front/Rear. I took him apart on the Rear & he couldn't believe it.
After he got home he took apart his stealth Rear & found 1 of the Transponders (Right side) had come loose & was pointing downward.

nicholat

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You know it got serious when GaSpeed pulled out the trapoid.

Boozehound

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You know it got serious when GaSpeed pulled out the trapoid.
Yes, and he had already mopped the floor with a bunch of our setups.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, a similar result happened when I Tested @itwasntme w/ his BMW moto, & he had Dual AL-P Front/Rear. I took him apart on the Rear & he couldn't believe it.
After he got home he took apart his stealth Rear & found 1 of the Transponders (Right side) had come loose & was pointing downward.
That's what testing is all about! The funny thing is, @VariableWave helps me with my setup and tries every way possible to get it JTG/JFG, then ten minutes later gets just as pissed as I do when he blows holes in it! It's a shame it can't be as easy as my radar detector setups! You get the right detector, or detectors, get them segged and set up just right for the area you're in and let them eat! All of my cars alert me miles ahead on ANY radar that comes my way both front and rear, except for point blank I/O! Situational awareness protects me against that!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972