Motorola Radio Programming?

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've got a couple MagOne BPR40 radios i ended up with. Im looking to get them programmed. I found a service on ebay for 20$ but thought maybe someone on here had the software or could do it cheaper.

Just a feeler.
Thanks in advance

-Craig

jestric

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've got a couple MagOne BPR40 radios i ended up with. Im looking to get them programmed. I found a service on ebay for 20$ but thought maybe someone on here had the software or could do it cheaper.

Just a feeler.
Thanks in advance

-Craig

Nothing about Motorola radios is ever free. ;)

I own a Motorola XPR7550e DMR radio which even though it was over $1k still required me to purchase their CPS (Customer Programming Software) which regretfully has expired.

Motorola requires a software license agreement for most Motorola Two-Way radio software programs (the MagOne BPR40 radios fall into this category). This signed agreement must be renewed every two years. This is a contract with you and Motorola, Inc. In addition to the software license agreement you must purchase the software license for every model you require. Software generally runs between $200.00 to $400.00, this includes two years of updates.

Basically, the eBay service (if they have a great rating) sounds like a bargain.

Last edited:

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I knew all that. Pretty pointless if i want them programmed to talk to each other one time. Sounded like a bargain but sometimes people are super nice on here and have resources most dont.,

Thanks

jestric

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I knew all that. Pretty pointless if i want them programmed to talk to each other one time. Sounded like a bargain but sometimes people are super nice on here and have resources most dont.,

Thanks

Hopefully, there is someone who can do this for you.

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just thought id check ya know? 20$ wont break the bank.
Ive found copies of the CPS software and am very familiar with chirp but not CPS. Not even sure which one i need.

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like sending it out ebay is the way to go, thank you for your help guys.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have no experience programming Motorola radios nor with the software.

GTO _04

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972