Hello from the Tampa FL area!

JStep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for a while and have already learned a lot, but wanted to introduce myself. My name is John, and I'm in Dunedin, FL (Tampa area). I just recently bought a new (fast) car after 20 years of driving SUVs, and man how things have changed with radar detectors! I still have my original, 1st gen V1 sitting in a box somewhere, and probably would have upgraded to a V1G2 if they hadn't paused the trade-in program. I ended up getting a Radenso XP instead, and I've been pretty happy with it. My biggest complaint (and probably most people's) is the lack of directional arrows, but it has already saved my butt a couple of times in the last month.

I'm looking forward to learning more and becoming a part of this community!

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome from Port St Lucie :). Add to a good radar detector apps like Waze/highway radar/JBV1 and that will help a bunch too. If you have the most recent version of the V1G1 you can pair it with an app like JBV1 for a much quieter experiance too.

JStep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I do have Highway Radar installed on my Android phone, and it's pretty awesome! I've seen some posts alluding to there being a SABRE plugin that can be used to make reports from the app, but haven't seen where/how to download and install it. I will keep digging. Unfortunately, my V1G1 is too old to be paired with JBV1 as far as I can tell. :(

RedThread

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome from SWFL...
gets pretty thick in Tampa..
Sabre

if6ws9

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome from Palm Harbor! Which car did you get?

JStep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sabre

Thanks! Whatever page I was trying to pull up the other day said something like "Oops, there was a problem". Looking forward to getting this installed!
Post automatically merged:

Welcome from Palm Harbor! Which car did you get?

Thanks! You're a stone's throw away, because I'm at the northern border of Dunedin. I got a used 2019 Mustang GT with less than 1100 miles on it, and pretty much the same options I would have picked, for the most part. The quickest car I've ever had before this was a 1999 Caddy STS, which I both loved and hated at the same time! :)

Last edited:

RedThread

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It is my guess, Your account will age into having access.. give it an hour or two..

if6ws9

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks! Whatever page I was trying to pull up the other day said something like "Oops, there was a problem". Looking forward to getting this installed!

Thanks! You're a stone's throw away, because I'm at the northern border of Dunedin. I got a used 2019 Mustang GT with less than 1100 miles on it, and pretty much the same options I would have picked, for the most part. The quickest car I've ever had before this was a 1999 Caddy STS, which I both loved and hated at the same time! :)
Cool! I've always liked Mustangs. I have an APR stage 2 Audi A5 with about $6k in mods. With the APR tune the torque is great. At a bit over 330 HP and about 440 ft lbs of torque, I wouldn't say its a fast car but it's useable power, lots of fun off the line. But the limited power doesn't get away from me which keeps me from getting into too much trouble!

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard from St. Augustine! Congratulations and enjoy your Mustang.

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome and buckle up from Largo!

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! I love pretty much everything about the Tampa area besides @Bocephus. Glad to have you around!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

LoveRenee

Radar/Lidar Addiction MD
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome. I had a 95 GT and a 2003 Cobra with mods. I still miss the Cobra...
There is always something new to learn here and we have a very supportive community.

ICULookin

Road Terror- ICU watching
Beginner User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum from the Atlanta GA area. We were looking at Tampa as a possible retirement home. Wife thinks its to busy, I like it though. Enjoy your Mustang. I'm sure its an awesome thrill!

JStep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Sabre

Thanks again for the link! I got it installed without issues, and was able to successfully make a report with it last night. :)

welcome to the forum from the Atlanta GA area. We were looking at Tampa as a possible retirement home. Wife thinks its to busy, I like it though. Enjoy your Mustang. I'm sure its an awesome thrill!

The traffic patterns here are certainly different from the Chicago area, given that there are fewer, but larger arterial roads, but I find that it's easier and faster to get most places I want to go here than when I was in the Chicago area. Maybe you could look into a seasonal rental or longer Airbnb stay to do a bit of a trial run before committing to the move. I don't regret moving down here at all, but the Chicago weather was definitely a huge factor in that!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilSpec