Finally ran into someone with Jammers!

87GN

TXCTG Rollin' Steel Wheels============
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Windshield guy came out to my house to install new glass in my wife's Expedition. I noticed he had a V1 on the visor of his van. He also had a RL-O on the console. I joked to him that he needed a set of jammers. He said "I have Anti Laser Priority jammers on the front grill. " I just about shit and fell back in it! He had 2 heads on brackets that stuck out of the grill! They stuck out like a sore thumb to me, but the grill is black and the van was navy blue. He had the ALP speaker and well mounted controller. He knew about the various laser guns and knew our local motorcycle cops use Ultralyte LRs. Pretty knowledgeable young guy. He said he used to get hit alot before the Plandemic, but not as much now. He knew what JTK was and said he used to own blinders until newer guns came out! He had never heard of this website. Guess he had a good mentor on jammers!

if6ws9

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Windshield guy came out to my house to install new glass in my wife's Expedition. I noticed he had a V1 on the visor of his van. He also had a RL-O on the console. I joked to him that he needed a set of jammers. He said "I have Anti Laser Priority jammers on the front grill. " I just about shit and fell back in it! He had 2 heads on brackets that stuck out of the grill! They stuck out like a sore thumb to me, but the grill is black and the van was navy blue. He had the ALP speaker and well mounted controller. He knew about the various laser guns and knew our local motorcycle cops use Ultralyte LRs. Pretty knowledgeable young guy. He said he used to get hit alot before the Plandemic, but not as much now. He knew what JTK was and said he used to own blinders until newer guns came out! He had never heard of this website. Guess he had a good mentor on jammers!
"Plandemic" o.0

GregTec5

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Since getting ALP I have really been looking at grills lately haha. I got behind a car today with vanity plate and seriously it read “J T G”. Wonder if that’s anyone on here.

catch1147

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Since getting ALP I have really been looking at grills lately haha. I got behind a car today with vanity plate and seriously it read “J T G”. Wonder if that’s anyone on here.
When I walk through parking lots I look for jammers and detectors, only spotted a couple of V1s and a Cobra mounted facing up at a 45 degree angle.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

CollinsBJ911

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
When I walk through parking lots I look for jammers and detectors, only spotted a couple of V1s and a Cobra mounted facing up at a 45 degree angle.

My brother is with the Washington State Patrol, he has pulled over many guys with radar detectors and they say you can't possibly have my speed, my detector didn't go off! He politely replies... We got you with aircraft. In order to capture aircraft you need to point your radar detector straight up, but if you want to get both aircraft and ground signals point your detector at a 45 degree angle! 9 times out of 10 when he comes back to the vehicle with a ticket, they have already bent their bracket at a 45 degree angle. Hahaha. Makes me laugh every time he tells the story.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
My brother is with the Washington State Patrol, he has pulled over many guys with radar detectors and they say you can't possibly have my speed, my detector didn't go off! He politely replies... We got you with aircraft. In order to capture aircraft you need to point your radar detector straight up, but if you want to get both aircraft and ground signals point your detector at a 45 degree angle! 9 times out of 10 when he comes back to the vehicle with a ticket, they have already bent their bracket at a 45 degree angle. Hahaha. Makes me laugh every time he tells the story.

And that's why you run JBV1 or HR along with your RD and jammers. In order for CM to provide the most effective protection you must take a hollistic approach. :cool:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
And that's why you run JBV1 or HR along with your RD and jammers. In order for CM to provide the most effective protection you must take a hollistic approach. :cool:
I might angle my phone at a 45 degree angle too so JBV1 can get both types of alerts...

cavecreek93

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Adding to the holistic approach @jestric mentioned. You the driver are also a very important piece. Stay alert and informed about the technology including it's limitations (not a problem here on RDF) and the area you travel in.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you tell him we're always excited to have new enthusiasts join? I'll be watching for him to register here.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Explains the origins of the radar detector pointed towards the sky.....

catch1147

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
LOL, I'll keep my detectors pointing straight down the road. As others have said JBV1 does a great job keeping an eye on the sky. Picked up Texas DPS patrolling hwy 71 heading west on our way back from Austin.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In order to capture aircraft you need to point your radar detector straight up, but if you want to get both aircraft and ground signals point your detector at a 45 degree angle! 9 times out of 10 when he comes back to the vehicle with a ticket, they have already bent their bracket at a 45 degree angle. Hahaha. Makes me laugh every time he tells the story.
What’s great about that practical joke from the point of view of your brother is that all they’re doing is sacrificing their detector’s effectiveness.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
What’s great about that practical joke from the point of view of your brother is that all they’re doing is sacrificing their detector’s effectiveness.
I think that's his point.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
X man