iOS 14(.0.1)

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m still chugging along with my iPhone 8 Plus. Depending on what happens with the 12, which I was planning on waiting for, I may just get an 11 Pro. But I’m on iOS 13.7 right now.

Which raises the question: any real downside to moving to iOS 14? I just saw that 14.0.1 was released, and presumably another 14.0.2 to fix more bugs is coming before too long, maybe a few weeks. I usually just update anyway, but any words of advice yay or nay from those who deal with iOS a lot and have opinions would be welcome.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’ve been using it since beta on iPhone X.
My only gripe is the keyboard is when in low power mode or gmail app, and I’m using native apple Keyboard nothing special.
I’ve enjoyed the picture in picture .
It’s much better than 13

edit: keyboard lags* when in low power mode

Last edited:

alee

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
14 is what 13 should have been honestly.

14 is rock solid stable for me, and I would highly recommend it. If you were burned on the early versions of 13 (esp. Mail, which took many iterations to get right), this is nothing like that. It's one of their best releases. Go for it.

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Being able to reply to a specific iMessage is pretty nice. Maybe I’m just ADHD but I tend to carry multiple conversations and before long the replies get ambiguous.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Loaded 14 the day it came out, no issues - updated to 14.0.1 as well - no issues (iPhone 11 Pro).

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a company issued iPhone 7, and my wife talked me into updating to iOS 14.0.1. It seems that everything has slowed way down, and some things are only intermittingly working. I'm guessing the iPhone 7 doesn't really have the chipset to pull off this new operating system. I wish I hadn't updated.

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m still chugging along with my iPhone 8 Plus. Depending on what happens with the 12, which I was planning on waiting for, I may just get an 11 Pro. But I’m on iOS 13.7 right now.

Which raises the question: any real downside to moving to iOS 14? I just saw that 14.0.1 was released, and presumably another 14.0.2 to fix more bugs is coming before too long, maybe a few weeks. I usually just update anyway, but any words of advice yay or nay from those who deal with iOS a lot and have opinions would be welcome.

I was talking so some of the employees from Apple when I worked there and they said 14 has been really quite not too many complaints have fun updating.

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have a company issued iPhone 7, and my wife talked me into updating to iOS 14.0.1. It seems that everything has slowed way down, and some things are only intermittingly working. I'm guessing the iPhone 7 doesn't really have the chipset to pull off this new operating system. I wish I hadn't updated.

I use to keep my iphones for around 5 years before upgrading and I would have problems when updating an older phone. Mostly the battery wouldn't last as long. Now I only keep them for three years, four max and it's never an issue. Mine is company issued as well, maybe you can get them to upgrade you? Wait until next month when the Iphone 12 comes out.

mikeoxlong

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been on the developer releases and they've been pretty good.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Unless something crazy happens, the next release is 14.2. At least thats the current beta release so I assume it should be the next one out.

riseboi

Southpaw
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I use an 11 Pro and haven't had any standout issues with the iOS 14 betas. Loaded the official 14 release on my BILs iPhone 6S this past weekend. No complaints from him so far. 🤞

jestric

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's a never ending process. FYSA, Apple released the second developer betas of iOS 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, tvOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1 and the ninth macOS Big Sur beta.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
14.1 seems to have finally fixed the email inbox not updating properly in the background, which was introduced when they started using Metal for some of the native apps and forgot they messed up backgrounded apps’ ability to update their views several iOS versions back. That one bit them in the ass for a while. 🙄 It still has some other bugs in it that have been happening since 9.0 which still aren’t fixed because they’re not high-priority but once you see them, they might bother the shit out of you. If you’re going to finally move to 14, 14.1 is now a better choice than previous 14 version, which seemed rushed, as usual. Apple really needs to have better internal testers or the public Beta testers need to be taken more seriously when they report shit that’s legitimately broken.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
14.1 seems to have finally fixed the email inbox not updating properly in the background ... If you’re going to finally move to 14, 14.1 is now a better choice than previous 14 version
14.1 isn’t out yet that I know of, and my phone indicates no new updates available. 14.0.1 remains the public release as far as I can tell.

mikeoxlong

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I believe 14.0.1 is the latest public release.

Never saw 14.1. They seemed to skip over it and the beta went straight to 14.2.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
14.1 isn’t out yet that I know of, and my phone indicates no new updates available. 14.0.1 remains the public release as far as I can tell.
My XR is sitting on 14.1. It came out this past week on Tuesday after the iPhone 12 release event. I updated that afternoon.
Post automatically merged:

The links on this site are direct Apple ones and still live. https://www.redmondpie.com/download...inks-ota-profile-file-along-with-ipados-14.1/
Post automatically merged:

14.1 did fix the annoying page indicator in icon groups not showing the right dot for the last page. That’s been in 14.0.1 and I think 14.0 also.

Last edited:

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
......"As for the iOS 14.1 software update, Apple mistakenly released it as an over-the-air update for everyone at 11:30 a.m. PDT, 19 days after the release of iOS 14.0.1. Apple pulled the update from the developer portal, only to add it back again as a GM (golden master) update (build 18A8395) for developers, the final build before a public release. That means the general public won't have access to the update until Apple decides to seed it for real publicly......"

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972