Australia W.A. black white speed cam poles

OmniiOMEGA

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi there I’m just wondering if there’s maybe another section on this for Helen on aware of but kinda figured I put a post on here anyway what is the new black and white speed camera pole but I’m now located on highway and need to take mobile phone from the rear as Wellers the front how good are they

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The black/white towers can contain either Jenoptik TraffiStar SR390 (MRCT) radar cams or TraffiStar S350 laser/lidar cams (similar to poliscan), and some contain both at the same time, i.e. you will get an MRCD/CT alert if your RD supports it, plus a laser alert.

Rumoured to possibly have a max range of 100m, but not confirmed anywhere, and can snap pictures in both directions.

Last edited:

OmniiOMEGA

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi there I’m just wondering if there’s maybe another section on this forum I’m not aware of but kinda figured I put a post on here anyway what is the new black and white speed camera poles now located on highways can they detect mobile phones from the rear as well from the front? How good are they

Sorry had to correct my post as per quotes

ok interesting because I was probably a good 50 metres away when I was mucking around on Waze so I hope I didn’t get caught as it’s double demerit points this long weekend!!

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
ok interesting because I was probably a good 50 metres away when I was mucking around on Waze so I hope I didn’t get caught as it’s double demerit points this long weekend!!

Yes, you don't want to get snapped for speeding then the happy snap shows you touching your phone using Waze. Could be a big double whammy on double demerits weekend !

OmniiOMEGA

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
**** yeah and the thing was there’s a bloody bug on Waze where everytime you come close to a fixed speed cam it doesn’t notify you!! Just silently says speed cam 400 metres ahead?? Hope they fix the bug as I’ve reported it

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
**** yeah and the thing was there’s a bloody bug on Waze where everytime you come close to a fixed speed cam it doesn’t notify you!! Just silently says speed cam 400 metres ahead?? Hope they fix the bug as I’ve reported it

I believe Waze only alerts audibly now when you're exceeding the speed limit

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
i had the same issiue with audible allerts but i think its more related to the stock radio that im using

for example once my ignition is turned on my phone conects to vehicle as normal .. The only allerts i will hear is incoming calls only all other allerts are silent

to get around this i have figured if im listening to music through my phone waze allerts nicely through the speakers ..if im listening to another device (radio) i then turn off bluetooth on the phone .doing this allows for then for the phone to allert

here is a vid of waze through my speakers as i was listening to music though the phone

here is another vid of having bluetooth turned off as i was listening to the radio

Post automatically merged:

my apoligies as i drifted away from fixed postioned cams i havent passed one for for some time

Last edited:

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
wow that's a serious alert couldn't ask for a better alarm

connord

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
here is a vid of waze through my speakers as i was listening to music though the phone

Hey Dean,
Is that siren and audible warning from the ALP? Does it JTK or is it just a receiver?

Interested in one and how it would perform in WA but from that video it looks like you're better off using waze as you get a way longer reaction time. Of course if its JTK then it won't matter...

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey Dean,
Is that siren and audible warning from the ALP? Does it JTK or is it just a receiver?

Interested in one and how it would perform in WA but from that video it looks like you're better off using waze as you get a way longer reaction time. Of course if its JTK then it won't matter...
hey mate
The ALP range varys depending on how the cameras is deployed and in this case most probly a 30 /40 degree angle

I hear allot of people rave on about waze

waze is is only as good as the information it receives from users ..and again in this case the camera was visable easy to spot even from far .

so you can only imagine how waze can fail as these cameras can be hidden very hard to find once mounted on a tripod tucked back into the shadows in the bush /scrub

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
another vid showing a great detection range from the ALP aproxx 50 metres after waze allert

Dragons

Breathing fire
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
waze is is only as good as the information it receives from users ..and again in this case the camera was visable easy to spot even from far .
+1 to that! Waze is a great tool though I often see Poliscans that are not marked on Waze. If they have only setup in the last half an hour there is a good chance it won't have been marked yet.

OmniiOMEGA

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What’s the cameras on yellow poles that have black boxes on them? They look futuristic? Don’t tel me their mobile speed cameras too?

TraffiStar SR290, 390 & 590 are only speed cameras and red light apparently?

Attachments

• 40DD2664-2A78-4CE3-B860-1DD3ED9E93FB.jpeg
    40DD2664-2A78-4CE3-B860-1DD3ED9E93FB.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

OmniiOMEGA