X band V1G2

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
you sounds like a very educated person, so this comment is not meant to offend you, but i'm guessing you know that just because the detector goes off on x band, even if you hear a cop on the scanner, it doesnt mean the cops are using x band?

i mean if i drive thru my small town of 40,000 with x band on, it will probably go off at every stop light, and my scanner goes off all the time, and more than likely i will see at least see two if not three cops on my trip.

again ,i'm not saying your observations aren't true, but over 100 x band alerts? wow, i have a hard time believing a person would see that many KA, even in Georgia.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Some old threads below- point is, this won’t be hard to verify

I did some checking of my own for AZ and could not verify that a dept bought X band in the past 5 years. Seems more likely a small dept in stixville would hold onto a gun. For this reason,, I've always left X on for hwy use. Still, I have never seen an X gun since the 80s. I'm sure a few are out there. As far as that video is concerned, I'm skeptical. There is not necessarily a correlation between an alert and a LEO sighting.

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m in NC so I may need to watch out for X band with these guys. Other than them, I not too worried

1601817998947.gif

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
NC has a wide variety of guns and tactics in use. KennyC56 and I see a lot of differences pretty often.
Post automatically merged:

They might have used X band in Mayberry. Ha. (which I forgot was in NC)

Yep. Mayberry = Mt. Airy

I moved here in 2010 and didn't know all of that then. :)

Last edited:

Yippeekyaa

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You might have missed the GIF of Barney Fife in his post. They might have used X band in Mayberry. Ha. (which I forgot was in NC)
Can confirm, no x band in use in “Mayberry”. But did have a few Barney’s, Andy’s, Goobers, and Gomers running around last weekend at the annual Mayberry days festival. Complete with a Mayberry squad car reunion. Saw Ernest T. Bass in the back of one.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You might have missed the GIF of Barney Fife in his post. They might have used X band in Mayberry. Ha. (which I forgot was in NC)
I saw it but it didn't register what it meant

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
While researching X band I happened to notice that the first detector my family bought in the 70s was X band only. Interesting because K was on the rise then. It's a good thing my mom didn't drive that fast.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
While researching X band I happened to notice that the first detector my family bought in the 70s was X band only. Interesting because K was on the rise then. It's a good thing my mom didn't drive that fast.
crazy how thing evolve

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m in NC so I may need to watch out for X band with these guys. Other than them, I not too worried

View attachment 160856

NC removed all X guns and I believe the band itself was not to be used back in 2016

It was on a state website then removed in 2017 or 2018

Someone might be able to get away with ordering that X antenna through that one company that can also fit the same gun with K and Ka but the chance is minute

I recently heard a few small depts in SC could be using it (but my bet would be these towns are not on major interstates)
That could possibly be true but these cops know that Xband is old technology and want something new

I still have not seen the new X band antenna for that new interchangeable gun and cant make the argument it takes up too much real estate

It may be a sh*t ton smaller then years past

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
More Than 100 X-Band Hits Passing Through Kentucky! Tennessee & Georgia!
Georgia Was More Problematic Than I Expected It Would Be! Do To the Contention Roadway Laws!
And! Super Speeder Laws Now Enforced In Georgia! I Sped Up Only When I Had Enough Traffic For Cover!
Cool your jets there Rocket Jockey - the 100's of X-band hits you received were nothing more than Commercial Businesses that use them for some door-openers, but far more likely they're just Burglar Alarm systems...

I encounter them all the time here in the New England area in multiple States & they're left on 24/7.
If Burglars' were smarter they would use RDs to see which places were unprotected so they could break in to them. These systems sense "motion" when pulling into the area & also turns on a camera + sends an alert to the Owner when he's at home.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Also in some parts of NC I've seen X-band used for traffic monitoring under bridges.
I'm turning X back on for a bit to see what's out there.
As @Choose Life mentioned; NC has supposedly taken X-band out of the picture for enforcement purposes.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Cool your jets there Rocket Jockey - the 100's of X-band hits you received were nothing more than Commercial Businesses that use them for some door-openers, but far more likely they're just Burglar Alarm systems...

I encounter them all the time here in the New England area in multiple States & they're left on 24/7.
If Burglars' were smarter they would use RDs to see which places were unprotected so they could break in to them. These systems sense "motion" when pulling into the area & also turns on a camera + sends an alert to the Owner when he's at home.
oh come on rooky you dont know anything about radar or laser... bahahaha

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Also in some parts of NC I've seen X-band used for traffic monitoring under bridges.
As @Choose Life mentioned; NC has supposedly taken X-band out of the picture for enforcement purposes.
There are 2 NCDOT X band sensors near here in Garner NC - at bridges on interstate I-40. (@ white oak Rd and Jones Sausage Rd)

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

@M42 verified this in early 2017 but has not logged in for 3 years 3mos

Possibly from forum politics and hopefully not dead

I'm sure with what we do at least a few advanced users have been killed in accidents since forum inception. Some from old age alot from old politics and some bc they've learned all they can and move on to a new subject (the latter usually checks in once every 6mos or year though)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany